Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
We have some great husbands! >

We have some great husbands!

We have some great husbands!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM

So .... would "that looks like (expletive)" also apply to his meals? LOL. Tell him a husband -- me -- said to go buy a set of golf clubs and practice. Guaranteed you will not see him for hours and hours, and days and days!

Tell him to buy a boat and go fishing -- another daylong activity you will certainly enjoy.

Tell him to join a bowling league -- gone a lot of evenings and on Saturdays during the day.

Hand him one of the longest "honey-do" known to mankind and tell him you expect all of it to be done before Sunday -- I hate those lists LOL!

If these suggestions don't work, toss him the latest Dick's Sporting Goods flyer and tell him to pick a sport/hobby FAST!

Finally, tell him to stop interfering with the one great thing you do that makes you want to be around him -- quilting.

Not bad for a guy who will do anything for his wife. She is my angel, and an angel to hundreds and hundreds of prematurely born babies she has cared for these past 28 years (NICU nurse she is.)
Old 09-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by litacats
my husband half supports me when it suits him, LOL it's my mother i have the most problems with,
Ditto on the husband. My mum lives away from me and likes seeing what I am doing.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM

A husband that is jealous of a woman's hobby has a problem!!!
A husband that puts a woman down for doing quilting and making quilts for grand children has a problem. THIS IS A FORM of
ABUSE. Stand firm and tell him this is ABUSE and it needs to stop or he will be gone or we need to go to counseling. This can be a serious matter and not to be ignored.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Dee

My DH is always there to support me and very helpful and understanding in my sewing, quilting and crafts. He has a real good eye for fabric and notions. Wouldn't trade him for the world. A little thing he likes is our morning coffee together. If I'm in a project he'll make dinner and call me to come and eat. We are always there for each other.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM

I too have a wonderfully supportive hubby. He has always had several hobbies (fishing, golf, racquetball) and for many years encouraged me to find something that I was passionate about. I tried several crafts before I decided that quilting and sewing were my passions. He has helped me with my sewing room and supports my purchases enthusiastically. Each of us having our own hobbies gives us "me time" without either feeling neglected. Hubby has been gone on an extedned 14 day fishing trip with buddies and I have done nothing but sew, sew, sew! It's a win-win for both of us.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 PM

My hubby is a jewel. He is a partner in my quilting projects. I sew the tops and he is the quilter on our quilting machine. He is so supportive of me. He is a handyman and builds anything I want. He is the local repairman for all my friends' sewing machines. I feel so blessed. We have had such a fun life....backpacked Europe at 60 and spent four months a few years ago teaching English in Russia. Bad health has plagued us this summer but we are working hard keeping strong. We have lots more we want to do with life!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by vanessa
Since we are on the subject of husbands....

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself? Mine does not have a hobby at all and wants my attention and that keeps me from quilting when I want to. I try to plan days just for us to do things together but he still wants my attention constantly.
I have one of those too. I have the advantage that he has knee problems, and must elevate it, so I pick up used VHS or DVD's of "guy movies" , give them a good cleaning, and he can watch war, nascar, wrestling, or what ever strikes him. I get un-interupted 'me' time, in two hour blocks. He even takes me garage sale-ing (is that a word?) to find them. At about $1-2 each, it's cheap entertainment. He even microwaves his own popcorn. Gotta love 'em. :thumbup:
Old 09-11-2010, 04:44 AM

Hey, what can I say.... my DH has joined me and is putting out more more than I am. He beats all I've ever seen. He can mark and cut all day long and it doesn't bother him a bit. I can't sit that long. And when he is on the machine.... Well that's another story. But, he still hasn't learned to fill those bobbins!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:32 AM

Hubby and I have been married 33yrs. He is an alcoholic and has never supported anything I do. Never has a kind word about anything and is always negative. He wants to know every penny I spend, every place I go and every person I talk to. NOT HAPPENING. I don't smoke, drink, use drugs or cheat.. I went to co-dependence classes and learned that I didn't have to react to his actions. I taught my sons to play ball, change oil in a car etc. and I do all the handiwork around the house including remodeling the house my sons rent from me. His free time is spent by himself drinking or in front of the TV passed out. He is a diabetic with stage 4 cirrhosis and is completely happy being miserable. PLEASE don't feel sorry for me. I pretty much do as I please and have been known to tell him to put on His Big Girl panties and deal with it. Life sews on. :)
Old 09-11-2010, 06:29 AM

Mine just bought me a new Aurora 450 (Bernina) and all kinds of stuff and xtra feet to go with it - I am in heaven and definately going to keep him - he is the best