Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Weekend sewing plans?? >

Weekend sewing plans??

Weekend sewing plans??

Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM

I am going to work on a scrappy braid quilt I have started - Hopefully!!! I have 2 rows done.. (unless I decide to make it longer)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 PM

Nope but am going to work on my Daisy quilt. Have FUN...
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 PM

I bought the Cheep Talk runner and oven mits kit from Connecting Threads (a long time ago) and decided to break it out and give it a go. I may not get much past the cutting this weekend though...
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
Originally Posted by Cyn
Our weather is so awesome that we will be out of the house as much as possible this weekend. Golfing on Saturday and perhaps walking on the beach with the dogs Sunday afternoon. :)
Jealous
Me too
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Getting my mom back into quilting with me. So fun. Today she got a Rowenta travel iron (same as my new one that's small, hot, and perfect for quilting) on sale at JoAnn's. Then she drove into the city to start a refresher lesson (2nd session) on cutting and piecing and to get oriented to the machine she's borrowing from my kids. We made an easy Carrie Nation block for a BOM quilt we both barely started in the 1990's. Have only 8 15" blocks so far between the two of us. Stopped my JoAnn's with the kids after school and I bought her a new cutting mat, rotary cutter, cut-n-press, and some notions, on sale. Tomorrow, hope to do another block and send her home with her new supplies plus some of her old stuff from my basement. Last time we made a blue and green batik D9P block into a doll quilt. Fun with my mommy! Yay! (I'm 38 yrs old he-he). Love reading everyone's plans, great thread idea.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
I will be going to a Project Linus sewing day tomorrow...9-3...I have done it for the last 2 years and really enjoy going...it is not only for people where I work, but sponsored partly by the company I work for and they usually have over 200 people, lots of quilts get finished over the day, and I will try to report just how many in the next day or two.

Anyone else go to Project Linus work days?
I have and they are fun, one coming up soon and looking forward to it.
This weekend bridesmaids dress alterations!!! somthing i wouldn't do for any other group than this one:)

Have fun at your sew day. Such a good cause!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:26 AM

Got invited to baby shower in two week. Need to crank out a quilt quickly. No time for computer stuff since I work full time. Who needs sleep? Right?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:30 AM

After a beautiful day yesterday, today is cold and crazy windy. I'll be staying in, sewing binding onto Carolina Christmas (Bonnie Hunter's mystery from last year, finally back from the quilter. It'll be on my lap and keeping me warm as I sew!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 AM

I'm hoping to have my sewing machine fixed. The tension is off and I"m taking it to my LQS where I bought the machine and keeping my fingers crossed it will be fixed. I had quilted almost 1/4 of a quilt and had to take it all out:-(
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
I'm working on another strip quilt, 2 grandchildren and their Mom moving in... who could want more?
Just received a nice order from Connecting Threads - will prewash this morning.....really should clean this house.....Since we have a 4 day weekend, I promised myself that one day will be for the house, the rest will be for fabric. Love the time between 10pm and 2am for sewing the best. I will work on several more NICU quilts, and also have an old quilt to repair some torn sections. We had beautiful weather yesterday, today it is gusting 25-50 mph winds, snowing sideways and temps in the teens right now.