Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7
Results 151 to 172 of 172

Thread: Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

  1. #151
    Junior Member cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    155
    hobby lobby has better quality fabric than joanns imho

  2. #152
    Member distar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    69
    my boyfriend and i went to two different joann's and he found one thing he wanted to get - no sale sign on it - but when he got to the register they said their register had it on sale for 10% off and they couldn't adjust their system so he walked out without it. that's rediculous - any system can be adjusted or overridden if need be. and i didn't find at the second joann's the item that i saw at the first that i had decided i wanted. neither one of us were happy with them.

  3. #153
    Dee
    Dee is offline
    Super Member Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    3,618
    On Wed. picked up a flier at the store and got a coupon for 40% off.

  4. #154
    Senior Member Tennessee Suzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    1
    I agree with all of you about JoAnns. Wouldn't it be great if we could send all of these comments to their corporate office. I have a discount card through AQS and it has expired so I asked JoAnns to give me a new one and they were out. Told me to try again next time. Since I moved, the nearest JoAnns is 70 miles away....so next time may be a long time!

  5. #155
    Super Member IBQUILTIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Fork Ca
    Posts
    8,253
    Does JoAnns have batting on the roll in store? I can't remember if I have seen it there or not, and want to get a 25 yard cut with my coupon

  6. #156
    Member distar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    69
    yes, they do carry batting by the yard but quite often both of the ones near me are running low. go figure.

  7. #157
    Junior Member JudyMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Roseville, Minnesota
    Posts
    299
    My flyer had a 40%. The sales were the same. I'm not going this week.

  8. #158
    Member twyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    22
    Me four!
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    Me three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by melslove
    I only got a 40% one, bummer.
    Me too!

  9. #159
    Senior Member Feather3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589
    My coupon was 50% off. Not much I needed, so I decided to buy quilt backing. I found the 108" in the beige print. Wasn't a whole bolt, but I assumed close to maybe 8 yards left. So I go to have it measured & it ended up being 2 pieces. First piece was 5 1/2 yards & the 2nd was just under 3 yards. The store clerk said she'd let me have both pieces as one cut & I could use my coupon. I mostly do large quilts & prefer my backing to be at least 3 1/2 yards. There were 2 other partial bolts of the same fabric on the shelf & I asked her if I could try another & see if any measured out to the 3 1/2 yards & swap that for the 3 yard piece. Long story short she did. So I got enough backing to do at least 2 quilts & have some left for smaller projects for the Grand Daughters.

    I also agree that too many items are marked on sale so you can't use your coupons.

    Another thing that makes me go GRRR was last years Black Friday sales....they had better prices after Black Friday & many of us bought large ticket items, only to find they were on sale for a lot less a few weeks later. The year before Black Friday sales were great. I made out like a bandit. It'll be interesting to see what they do this year.

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Uniontown, Ohio
    Posts
    533
    when I was walking in my Joanns one day last week, some lady came out carrying a roll of the warm and natural batting. I said now there goes a serious quilter and she just laughed back.

  11. #161
    Senior Member redpurselady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    963
    I went yesterday and it was a zoo. Only had a 50% coupon so since I plan to make a large cathedral window one of these days, I bought a 25 yard bolt of white muslin for $24.75.

  12. #162
    Senior Member Aunt Doggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    Posts
    317
    Quote....I was a little miffed that everything, and I mean everything on my list was on sale. end quote

    That just makes me SOOOO mad!
    :evil:
    They do that all the time when there is a coupon in the ad...
    They put every single department on sale, so you are limited to buying some non-essential item...
    Between that and the Fine Print of ...not irons, sewing machines, etc...etc... Boy that rattles my last nerve...
    But unfortunately they are about the only fabric store in my area!!! :cry:

  13. #163
    Senior Member Aunt Doggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather3
    The year before Black Friday sales were great. I made out like a bandit. It'll be interesting to see what they do this year.

    Amen Sister!!! I still am chuckling over my $29 Ott light from one year...Georgeous floor model that goes with our cherry frontroom furniture, so looks good, unlike most that look so cheap...!
    I have found that Thanksgiving Thursday they have good sales also! I sit in my jammies, drink coffee and check everyones websites! Bought flat screen one year on Turkey day! A 32" Samsung for $299... That was one of my best!!

  14. #164
    angieh1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dennison Ohio
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by daylily4u
    I'm so glad to hear that its not only me!!! I also got 60% coupon, drove 65 miles to the nearest qs and looked for over one hour. Finally when I decided to say the heck with this I found a nice 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 Omnigrid. 47.00 orig. price, this was NOT ON SALE. So I felt as if I didnt waste me time and gas money! This is a lovely case to carry your blocks in and sewing notions. Great for traveling.
    Also wanted to ask, at our Joannes the coupon is only good for one yard of fabric. I didn't realize to purchase the whole blot of fabric. Is that the way it goes??? That will be worth it for sure. Also it says on the coupon--not to be used with any other coupon! Am I missing something?? Please help... loosing my value of all my coupons.
    i am pretty sure the coups on fabric are 1 cut not 1 yard that is what mine always say

  15. #165
    angieh1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dennison Ohio
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather3
    My coupon was 50% off. Not much I needed, so I decided to buy quilt backing. I found the 108" in the beige print. Wasn't a whole bolt, but I assumed close to maybe 8 yards left. So I go to have it measured & it ended up being 2 pieces. First piece was 5 1/2 yards & the 2nd was just under 3 yards. The store clerk said she'd let me have both pieces as one cut & I could use my coupon. I mostly do large quilts & prefer my backing to be at least 3 1/2 yards. There were 2 other partial bolts of the same fabric on the shelf & I asked her if I could try another & see if any measured out to the 3 1/2 yards & swap that for the 3 yard piece. Long story short she did. So I got enough backing to do at least 2 quilts & have some left for smaller projects for the Grand Daughters.

    I also agree that too many items are marked on sale so you can't use your coupons.

    Another thing that makes me go GRRR was last years Black Friday sales....they had better prices after Black Friday & many of us bought large ticket items, only to find they were on sale for a lot less a few weeks later. The year before Black Friday sales were great. I made out like a bandit. It'll be interesting to see what they do this year.
    watch out when they do that putting 2 cuts as one if you need to return for any reason they will tell you it is not on your recpt and refuse it they are not supposed to do that it is supposed to be listed as each item i would have made her open the new bolt and cut ur full amount off that i know this first hand as one time they printed a slip with 1200 (!)yards of a fab and then fixed it at reg and then would not return because they rang it up wrong i do notice they seem to be a little more friendly to customers since i complained to the district manager who by the way gave me her cell number if i had any other problems i dont think she was aware the way customers were being treated. so now i just call home office if i dont get the respect i deserve at a store whether it be joannes or anywhere i worked retail for 20+ years and was always taught in retail the customer is the reason you are there they pay your salary!

  16. #166
    Senior Member Feather3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589
    watch out when they do that putting 2 cuts as one if you need to return for any reason they will tell you it is not on your recpt and refuse it they are not supposed to do that it is supposed to be listed as each item i would have made her open the new bolt and cut ur full amount off[/quote]

    I've never had to return fabric. They only had partial bolts, or I would have gotten a whole bolt.

  17. #167
    Bev
    Bev is offline
    Super Member Bev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    Quote Originally Posted by daylily4u
    I'm so glad to hear that its not only me!!! I also got 60% coupon, drove 65 miles to the nearest qs and looked for over one hour. Finally when I decided to say the heck with this I found a nice 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 Omnigrid. 47.00 orig. price, this was NOT ON SALE. So I felt as if I didnt waste me time and gas money! This is a lovely case to carry your blocks in and sewing notions. Great for traveling.
    Also wanted to ask, at our Joannes the coupon is only good for one yard of fabric. I didn't realize to purchase the whole blot of fabric. Is that the way it goes??? That will be worth it for sure. Also it says on the coupon--not to be used with any other coupon! Am I missing something?? Please help... loosing my value of all my coupons.
    i am pretty sure the coups on fabric are 1 cut not 1 yard that is what mine always say
    Yeah that's what mine always says . So I use it for a large cutting of muslin or something else I need a lot of.

    8-)

  18. #168
    Senior Member borntoquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Posts
    957
    Blog Entries
    15
    coupons read "X% off any ONE regular priced item" then in smaller print "a single cut of by-the-yard" I take that to mean a whole bolt could be a SINGLE cut. NOT 1 yard ! If they only allow you 1 yard per coupon, the sales clerks are not reading their own ad.

  19. #169
    Bev
    Bev is offline
    Super Member Bev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by borntoquilt
    coupons read "X% off any ONE regular priced item" then in smaller print "a single cut of by-the-yard" I take that to mean a whole bolt could be a SINGLE cut. NOT 1 yard ! If they only allow you 1 yard per coupon, the sales clerks are not reading their own ad.
    You're right!

    8-)

  20. #170

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA & NM
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeyes
    Well I really dislike Joannes had 50% coupons and was hoping I would find something but unforatunately everything was on sale it seemed. Found couple bolts of prints for 1.99 which I liked but that was it. Was disgusted. Lady in line behind me bought pellon so I gave the coupon to her but thats the way it seems to be anymore. Here in CA we don't seem to have many fabric stores left. So sad. Was trying to find large flower print for a trellis wall hanging I'm making but haven't had any luck so far.
    Saw a really neat wall hanging in Williams AZ yesterday. When I asked about the BEAUTIFUL iris fabric, I found out it was printed from a photo she had taken in her yard! What a great idea. You might want to try something like that.

  21. #171
    Super Member marytoddliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Posts
    1,719
    Blog Entries
    2
    To me it is really frustrating that the only Fabric store I can find is Joann's, Walmart used to carry fabric but 3 of the 4 stores near me have discontinued their fabric section. I buy fabric on line some times but have been disapointed with colors or even the quality of the fabric.

  22. #172

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    29
    Sure would be great if Joann would open a store in Edmonton We could use some competition for Fabricland Love to get some of the bargains my snowbird buddies get while down south for the winter. How about it Joann?
    Jane the winter lover!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.