Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

i dont need batting, i dont need another book, magazines are already discounted, i dont need another ruler, i dontate the ones I dont use (coupons) to my quilt guild cause
    they can use them for th eupcoming show

Did you all know that Hancocks will take Joann's coupons? They will!!!!!! I do that alot.

nope didnt know that, BUT GREAT TO KNOW, wonder if that is in Texas, i fthey do it

Power Poster
    I always find that everything I would want is on sale and I end up buying something (after a lot of searching) that I really don't or didn't want to spend my coupon on. Darn!!!

yES, i only got a 40% off coupon as well. Glad some of you other ones got more. ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Annz
    I always find that everything I would want is on sale and I end up buying something (after a lot of searching) that I really don't or didn't want to spend my coupon on. Darn!!!
    You are not the first one to say that! Coupons are supposed to save us money - if you're buying something you don't want or don't need just to use the coupon, you haven't saved a thing!

I bought 4 spools of thread which were on sale and I was able to use my VIP card also........

GEEEZ! I forgot my VIP card, I always forget to use that darn thing. It would at least take care of the tax plus a little. Darn!!!

I love my JoAnn's in Mt. Pleasant, MI. All the clerks have been really nice.
    I shopped there Friday and again today.
    My coupon was for 50% off. I ordered a bolt of Kona bleached muslin which I like better than the Kona.
    I bought fabric for 2 One Block Wonders, but can't find the book. Anybody know of a tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by jgriinke
    I just thought of something else. For those of you who belong to a quilt guild, you can sign up online for another 10% off from JoAnn's above and beyond the sale price. Thought I'd share that with everyone.
    Now I just need you to go with me and remind me of this when I go. Have had that card almost 6 months and have never used it. lol

Well, by the sound of it Joanne's did some business this weekend, I mean can you imagine the rest of the Quilter's across the nation, like us that went on our quest and brought home goodies, some of which we needed, or just got because we had a coupon. Great strategy, and by the sounds of us it worked. Again I am happy with my pellon, so off I go to do something with it and am a lot smarter if this scratch and switch thing comes around again. I really did learn a lot from this thread. Hope you enjoy your goodies. :thumbup:

I got some goodies, but wasn't able to get much use out of my coupons - my items were all on sale also!

Darn, I only got 40%! I use my reg price coupons on blanket binding. I make blankets out of the fleece for baby gifts, and it's never on sale!

Blog Entries
    I got a 60% scratch off and used that on a bolt with 20 yards of fusible Pellon for appliques. I bought a book with the 40% coupon and then used the VIP card for an additional 10% on everything. I felt I made out okay for once!

I got a 60% scratch off and bought a bolt of 25 yds of muslin. Used the 40% off for a fat quarter set for next quilt group project. Then while in the checkout line, a nice lady approached me and gave me a card for $10 off the total purchase. Actually, she game me over a dozen cards and I payed them forward since they expired the next day. Made for a lot of happy smiles in Joanns.

My neighbor got an 80% on the scratch off. She bought a cross stitch Baby blanket and only paid $6 + for a $35 item! The manager rang her up and said that was the only one he had ever seen. - Score!! Mine was only 50%.

i have been known to buy something, i wont need or use, to have for presents / gifts to others

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I got a 50% one, but no money. God bless.

Blog Entries
    we have a mill end store in St Cloud, They have a very nice store and they will take any current coupons just as if they had issued them! I go there a loy the girls are always nice and they are interested in your project and helkpful when you need it.

Generally they should just sell you the item at your discount from the full price of the item. It is still a better value than the sale price....

WAAAAA i only got 40's i want a 60. not fair...stamping foot and going off to corner to pout! :(

My scratch off was only a 40% but again as you I went looking for a Christmas print... ha ha ha of course all was already on sale, so I got a afaghan magazine that was 9.99 and some of the 50% off threads.... I will go back Monday when the fabs a t not on sale and use it then.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Well, I decided to go back with my 60% off coupon and check out the Kona you all are talking about. I bought a whole bolt of Kona black with the 60% and four yards of Kona red with my 40% coupon. Altogether I left with 72.00 worth of things for 35.00.
    I was a happy camper and my cousins will finally get thier quilts...someday...

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
    Well, I decided to go back with my 60% off coupon and check out the Kona you all are talking about. I bought a whole bolt of Kona black with the 60% and four yards of Kona red with my 40% coupon. Altogether I left with 72.00 worth of things for 35.00.
    I was a happy camper and my cousins will finally get thier
    quilts...someday...
    Good for you, I'm going back with my 50 and 10 VIP and ordering a bolt today too. Yeah for us!!!!

You do know that if JoAnn's is low or out of a particular fabric or stabilizer, that you can use your 60% off coupon and do a special order....doesn't matter how much you need...I did this with faux leather and saved a bundle....
    D in TX

Ladies, don't forget to look for, or ask for the Fashion Fusion magazine put out by JoAnn 3 or 4 per year the FallWinter has two 50% off coupons and four 40% off coupons and they are good until January 22, 2011! I purchased several.
    D in TX

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast