Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!! >

Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 AM

I have already used it to trace embroidery patterns on to fabric and did it in half the time it took me at the window tracing.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
I have already used it to trace embroidery patterns on to fabric and did it in half the time it took me at the window tracing.
Thanks Darlene, I'll keep that in mind cause I still have a 50% coupon also was not sure what to use it on.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM

I buy for our prayer quilt group at church & some of the girls had donated their coupons to use for the quilts. I went to buy a bolt of batting and the flyer said it was the packaged batting on sale. I got there and it was on sale too. I had a 60% off. The clerk told me the sale goes off sat night & my coupon is good until Sunday so I am going back to get it. It will save an additional $88 by waiting until Sunday. We were also going to get a large cutting mat but they were also on sale & the girl didn't know when the sale on them ends. I didn't get one and will check Sunday & see if they are still on sale. My husband said you have never come home from joann's and felt good about it. It just seems like a bait and switch....but we need the batting and can't get any better deal..you just feel like they are playing mind games with you.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by nanjam62
I buy for our prayer quilt group at church & some of the girls had donated their coupons to use for the quilts. I went to buy a bolt of batting and the flyer said it was the packaged batting on sale. I got there and it was on sale too. I had a 60% off. The clerk told me the sale goes off sat night & my coupon is good until Sunday so I am going back to get it. It will save an additional $88 by waiting until Sunday. We were also going to get a large cutting mat but they were also on sale & the girl didn't know when the sale on them ends. I didn't get one and will check Sunday & see if they are still on sale. My husband said you have never come home from joann's and felt good about it. It just seems like a bait and switch....but we need the batting and can't get any better deal..you just feel like they are playing mind games with you.
That was very nice of the sales lady to even tell you that, neither one said anything when I mentioned the bolt of batting. It was one of the items I had on my wish list, and would have bought it to use for our chemo quilts. Darn them all!! I still have a 50 given to me by a friend maybe I will go back and use that one. Thank you kindly for the information.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:15 PM

I was at Joann's with my 70% off coupon when they opened this AM. At check out, the clerk rang it up from the fabric ticket. I showed her my coupon. She asked if there was a sale sign. I replied no and it wasn't in their sale ads either. She sold it to me for $10.99 a yard minus 70%. Now, to start quilting the pile of charity quilts waiting for batting.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM

Yep. Figures. I had a 60% coupon, got there and like everyone said, everything was already on sale. Well. I walked out with all my money still in my pocket. I am starting to tire of Joann's doing that. Anytime they give good coupons, all you can buy with them is felt pom-poms....and sometimes THOSE are even on sale. I am thinking about sending a letter to Corporate to tell them that I am sick of it. They think they are luring people in and they'll buy something anyway even if they can't use thier coupon...truth is...if they let us use the good coupons, 90% of us would buy other things that might not necessarily be on sale as well! If I can't use my coupon, I walk out.
Ok. That was MY rant. Whose next??
Old 08-20-2010, 04:40 PM

I just want to know where in the heck is MY JoAnn's coupon!! :cry: I haven't received it in the mail!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:00 PM

I had a 70% coupon; I used it to buy a squaring/pressing board. I was going to make one, but I got it for less than $6, and it has a nice square grid, and circles printed on it. Better still, the woman at the checkout said I could use the coupon again at another JoAnns (I don't think that's right? but I shall try). Very pleased with my score.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:09 PM

I knew that it would be a problem to find things not on sale, I had 70%. I asked what fabric was not on sale. One choice was quilted cotton @$19.99 yd so I bought 5 yds @6.00 per yd. She mentioned something else that did raise an eyebrow. There is always a catch with their coupons.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by sarge1
I had a 70% coupon; I used it to buy a squaring/pressing board. I was going to make one, but I got it for less than $6, and it has a nice square grid, and circles printed on it. Better still, the woman at the checkout said I could use the coupon again at another JoAnns (I don't think that's right? but I shall try). Very pleased with my score.
forgot to mention, the board is 14 x 20