Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

I went yesterday to Joann's yesterday for thread which was 50% off. Then teachers can get another 15% off. So teachers ask about the discount card because they don't offer that information.

We have a Joann's that is about a year or so old and they are very uncooperative. We used to shop at one that is about an hour away and if something was on sale they would let us use our coupons but take the percentage off the regular price and they would also take our extra 10% off (AQS membership)of sale price items. One day the new one had a sale on notions buy one, get one free. So I bought 2 identical items of each thing. When I checked out they would charge me for both of the top priced items and gave me the two cheapest priced items free, even though they were the same identical items. I was so mad I told them to cancel my entire order.

Our store lets me use them this way too. they take it off the regular price. which usually still saves me money.

I asked for % off regular price and told no, it's company policy.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
    Yep. Figures. I had a 60% coupon, got there and like everyone said, everything was already on sale. Well. I walked out with all my money still in my pocket. I am starting to tire of Joann's doing that. Anytime they give good coupons, all you can buy with them is felt pom-poms....and sometimes THOSE are even on sale. I am thinking about sending a letter to Corporate to tell them that I am sick of it. They think they are luring people in and they'll buy something anyway even if they can't use thier coupon...truth is...if they let us use the good coupons, 90% of us would buy other things that might not necessarily be on sale as well! If I can't use my coupon, I walk out.

We should all walk out like you.
    Ok. That was MY rant. Whose next??

Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    We have a Joann's that is about a year or so old and they are very uncooperative. We used to shop at one that is about an hour away and if something was on sale they would let us use our coupons but take the percentage off the regular price and they would also take our extra 10% off (AQS membership)of sale price items. One day the new one had a sale on notions buy one, get one free. So I bought 2 identical items of each thing. When I checked out they would charge me for both of the top priced items and gave me the two cheapest priced items free, even though they were the same identical items. I was so mad I told them to cancel my entire order.
    good for you. Maybe if enough do that they'd change their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    I didn't even look at the mailers this time. Too much other stuff going on. Glad I didn't throw it out. my daughter gets one too so I always have 2 coupons plus if there is an email one.
    I just scratched mine off and I got 80% on mine whoopy. Now if I can get something that's not on sale.I got a Joann's gift card for $25 for my birthday. I wonder how much batting I can get with that.
    I had a 70% coupon and planned to buy Warm & Natural batting, but it was on sale in the newspaper ad (not the flyer). But several quilters in the store suggested a poly batting that they use all the time, so that's what I got. They special ordered 2 rolls and I saved about $170.00.

I'm off to Joanne's now - a big 80% on the scratch off, and another ten off my total with the coupon here are making it impossible to turn down

http://www.joann-mail.com/J1100VIC/c...AB6D6B6426DD7F

Guess I scored. I bought 10 yds of fusible pellon thermolan with a 60% coupon and 10 yds of muslin with a 50% coupon. Good day for me.....:)

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    My scratch off was 70% off! Woo Hoo! I used it to buy a bundle of fat quarters for a Hen and chicken applique wall hanging I want to do. It wasn't a big purchase, but it was good enough for me.

I alos had a 50% cupon but you have to watch the girl's I got ch for fabric that was 3.00 per yd but they ch me 6.99 well need to say I let them know after I pd got the difference back plus the scanner law which intiles you to 5.00 so be sure to ck them always

I'm on my way to Jo-Ann's this morning with my on-line coupons. 50% off regular priced & the 10% off including sales items.

I used to avoid their Saturday sales, but in my Jo-Ann's there's only a few customers now. I think many have caught on to their sale techniques. :wink:

I never even got my mailing!!!!!
    I can't understand I always get them????

:D Don't we love to share good news. Somehow I was blessed enough to get an 80% scratch off coupon --went and ordered 3 rolls of Warm & Natural's 80-20 batting. I believe I will have enough for the rest of my quilting life. Not really because I have already promised 2 of the rolls to my sister and a friend. I am very thankful for this blessing and will continue to buy my quilting supplies from JoAnns. I buy a lot of fabric elsewhere but usually the supplies from Jo Anns--love those coupons. Thanks for letting me share such good news.

My local JoAnns had the packaged batting and the Warm & Natural on sale but not the Warm & Bond (Warm & Natural-80%cotton/20% polyester) which quilts spectacularly. I bought 3 rolls of it and saved a bundle. Check it out.

If you tell them you are not in a hurry and to put the special order on the company truck, you don't pay shipping. You pick it up at the store when it comes it. That's what they told me and I did.

You have to pay now and get later but you won'd pay shipping if you do it this way.

See not about Warm & Natural (80%/20%). I like it even better.

I received only a 40%, but there is a magazine in there called Fashion Fusion. It sells for 2.99, but it has 6 coupons on the back that are good until 1-22-2011. There are 2 50% off and 4 40% off. I bought fabric for a quilt and 2 magazines. I saved a $103. Might want to look for it. Coupons are coupons.

Will they let you buy more than one bolt with a coupon...I thought 1 bolt would count as one cut

A clerk at our Joann's told me that if you check out the two higher priced things in one transaction (nothing at a lower price) it will give one free. It is a pain to do that but if you mix the prices it will always give the less expensive item free. My daughter had a fair sized bead purchase and she took it all back to the service desk to return and started over.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62

I felt the same way you did..although mine was only a 50%...

I bought 4 spools of thread which were on sale and I was able to use my VIP card also........

With the 50%, I did buy Fon's & Porter's white lead pencil for marking. I would never spend $12.99 for it but $6.50, I sprung for it.

Almost everything there was either on sale or I didn't want it !!!

I too went to Jo Anns with a 70% off coupon today and everything I wanted was on sale. I complained to the clerk, even asked her to find me something that was worth using my coupon on. Didn't find any thing. Don't know how to complain to Jo Ann's, but this was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
    OK I know we all had wish list's with our coupons and I'm wanting to hear from those who go, how well you did. I was a little miffed that everything, and I mean everything on my list was on sale. I finally bought a 20 yard bolt of fusible pellon that I use for T-shirt quilts and may try it with a few hand bag patterns if I use Cotton and may not want to quilt it. I probably should have bought minke cause it was not on sale @13.99 a yard, but I couldn't remember what colors I have and did not want to repeat a color. I even tried to buy black Kona which I use a lot of black and white Kona, but they didn't have much on any rolls, only like a couple of yards or so and it looked beat in both stores. So I came home with my pellon and guess I saved a little. Please tell me that some of you made out better than I did. I usually do better when they have a 50% off coupon now and than cause they have a larger selection of my items. GOOD LUCK!!!
    I went in yesterday and the line at the cutting table was so long and only one person cutting and the people looked so ticked that I said to myself please God dont let me find anything I need. lucky for me I was able to just walk back out didnt buy anything.

I did alright, but I had an 80% coupon. The stuff I wanted was on sale but not enough to entice me. Got an entire bolt of gridded iron-on for watercolor and photo-mosaic quilts, nearly a whole bolt of Wonder Under, and the fabrics were all on sale already. I had kinda budgeted $50, and was out the door with just over $40. Here's my loot.

Loot from the big sale!
    Name:  Attachment-101152.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  78.5 KB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast