Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Yep. Figures. I had a 60% coupon, got there and like everyone said, everything was already on sale. Well. I walked out with all my money still in my pocket. I am starting to tire of Joann's doing that. Anytime they give good coupons, all you can buy with them is felt pom-poms....and sometimes THOSE are even on sale. I am thinking about sending a letter to Corporate to tell them that I am sick of it. They think they are luring people in and they'll buy something anyway even if they can't use thier coupon...truth is...if they let us use the good coupons, 90% of us would buy other things that might not necessarily be on sale as well! If I can't use my coupon, I walk out.
    Ok. That was MY rant. Whose next??

Blog Entries
    I just want to know where in the heck is MY JoAnn's coupon!! :cry: I haven't received it in the mail!!!

I had a 70% coupon; I used it to buy a squaring/pressing board. I was going to make one, but I got it for less than $6, and it has a nice square grid, and circles printed on it. Better still, the woman at the checkout said I could use the coupon again at another JoAnns (I don't think that's right? but I shall try). Very pleased with my score.

I knew that it would be a problem to find things not on sale, I had 70%. I asked what fabric was not on sale. One choice was quilted cotton @$19.99 yd so I bought 5 yds @6.00 per yd. She mentioned something else that did raise an eyebrow. There is always a catch with their coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge1
    I had a 70% coupon; I used it to buy a squaring/pressing board. I was going to make one, but I got it for less than $6, and it has a nice square grid, and circles printed on it. Better still, the woman at the checkout said I could use the coupon again at another JoAnns (I don't think that's right? but I shall try). Very pleased with my score.
    forgot to mention, the board is 14 x 20

Quote Originally Posted by bsquilter
    I was at Joann's with my 70% off coupon when they opened this AM. At check out, the clerk rang it up from the fabric ticket. I showed her my coupon. She asked if there was a sale sign. I replied no and it wasn't in their sale ads either. She sold it to me for $10.99 a yard minus 70%. Now, to start quilting the pile of charity quilts waiting for batting.
    Does this mean you got batting? Batting at my store was $10.99 marked down to $5.99 so I could not use my coupon on batting, and they kept mine so there is no reusing. Really glad you got a great buy!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge1
    I have a 70% off; was thinking of just getting a quilt book maybe, those never seem to be on sale
    They are on sale now. Sorry.

Thanks to whomever started this subject..as I was starting to feel like it was just me when Joann's did the coupon thing and everything that I wanted to buy was on sale. I try not to let any of their coupons waste, or expire, so as a last resort, I use them for buying thread, or some new needles. Anything I can to save on costs.

I had a 70% coupon and couldn't find anything expensive that wasn't on sale. Put the bolt of wool batting in my cart and trying to turn the corner, I bumped into a sewing cabinet. Price $230. Found the manager and asked if I could use my coupon on it. He checked and I could. I got the cabinet for $69. The picture on the box looks good with a drawer, lower cabinet with door and side table for serger. Drop table in back when raised would be great for quilting. Waiting for my grandson to come over and put it together for me. Hope it's sturdy. Anyone have one or seen one?

I went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon also. Many fabrics were marked 1.00 off so the coupon could not be used. Batiks were not marked down at all so 60% off of 12.00 was a good deal. This coupon is good through Sunday only. Thread is 50% off this week end without a coupon.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
    OK I know we all had wish list's with our coupons and I'm wanting to hear from those who go, how well you did. I was a little miffed that everything, and I mean everything on my list was on sale. I finally bought a 20 yard bolt of fusible pellon that I use for T-shirt quilts and may try it with a few hand bag patterns if I use Cotton and may not want to quilt it. I probably should have bought minke cause it was not on sale @13.99 a yard, but I couldn't remember what colors I have and did not want to repeat a color. I even tried to buy black Kona which I use a lot of black and white Kona, but they didn't have much on any rolls, only like a couple of yards or so and it looked beat in both stores. So I came home with my pellon and guess I saved a little. Please tell me that some of you made out better than I did. I usually do better when they have a 50% off coupon now and than cause they have a larger selection of my items. GOOD LUCK!!!

That is so cool..........and you've got a great cabinet for low price......yay! I love to hear those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by tcnmom
    I had a 70% coupon and couldn't find anything expensive that wasn't on sale. Put the bolt of wool batting in my cart and trying to turn the corner, I bumped into a sewing cabinet. Price $230. Found the manager and asked if I could use my coupon on it. He checked and I could. I got the cabinet for $69. The picture on the box looks good with a drawer, lower cabinet with door and side table for serger. Drop table in back when raised would be great for quilting. Waiting for my grandson to come over and put it together for me. Hope it's sturdy. Anyone have one or seen one?

I got a 70% off too and am certain that anything I might want is on sale already.Not a nice way to do business.

I didn't even look at the mailers this time. Too much other stuff going on. Glad I didn't throw it out. my daughter gets one too so I always have 2 coupons plus if there is an email one.
    I just scratched mine off and I got 80% on mine whoopy. Now if I can get something that's not on sale.I got a Joann's gift card for $25 for my birthday. I wonder how much batting I can get with that.

I've gone armed with a coupon and left without a purchase. Joann needs to change their policy about coupons. My scratch off was 40%.

I never have any luck with Joanne's and coupons. I needed thread and rotary blades so of course used the coupon on blades. The thread was 5.99 a spool, connecting threads has the same thing for 2.00. It was one of those things that I needed it now and couldn't wait. Grrrrrr.
    I bought my cutting table at Joanne's and it is the biggest piece of junk, I am saving my pennies for a nice one.

I hate Joann's and don't go there. To junky for me

Even though they did not have much of the black or white Kona - you can use your coupon and order however much you want and pay for it when ordered. The 60% could've been used. I found this out when I had a coupon and the fabric bolt did not have the 25 yards I needed... they were very kind about it.

Me three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by melslove
    I only got a 40% one, bummer.
    Me too!

[quote=thismomquilts]Even though they did not have much of the black or white Kona - you can use your coupon and order however much you want and pay for it when ordered.

Thanks very much for this information, if I had known I would have ordered 10 yards. That's why I like coming here, your always learning something new. I tend to buy a lot of pellon so my coupon did not go to waste, but it is not as an exciting purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Christal
    I never have any luck with Joanne's and coupons. I needed thread and rotary blades so of course used the coupon on blades. The thread was 5.99 a spool, connecting threads has the same thing for 2.00. It was one of those things that I needed it now and couldn't wait. Grrrrrr.
    I bought my cutting table at Joanne's and it is the biggest piece of junk, I am saving my pennies for a nice one.
    I think we may have the same cutting table Mine has fallen apart. If it isn't moved a lot it may last for some but I have to fold mine up and move it constantly. I would love to have some of the wooden ones but I can't afford them.

"you can use your coupon and order however much you want and pay for it when ordered."

The Joann's here said I couldn't use my coupon on special orders.(it was kona) And I would have to pay shipping . I asked why since it was something they carried all the time and was told "Thats the rules" If they don't have it in stock and they order under my name it is considered a special order.
    I went to here https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=ProductPage&pageid=105218]https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.ph...&pageid=105218[/url] and got it. At the time the 6yd bolt was only $17 . I still have some.

Quote Originally Posted by pab58
    I just want to know where in the heck is MY JoAnn's coupon!! :cry: I haven't received it in the mail!!!
    Exactly my question, I haven't received any of those types of coupons either! But I guess since very few of you got a bargain then I won't feel too bad. I have to drive way over an hour to get there besides, which is no bargain.

I see you are all catching on to the coupon scam. They buy cheaper than LQS, then mark the fabric to supplier's recommended retail price, then put a 30% sticker on it and the price comes out to the same or close to the LQS. Had a friend who worked there and clued me in. My only real saving is the 10% off total sale with my ASG card. Have you checked the picture framing? That is REALLY out of sight.

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been having trouble using my coupons, but thought it was just me. I've been starting to organize my wish list and carry samples and yardage requirements with me when I go in order to maximize my savings, but it is very frustrating to have coupons that can't really be used because everything is on sale at a discount that's less the coupon would have been! Wish I knew of a LQS near me...

I used my 70% coupon yesterday at JoAnn's. I special ordered a bolt of 108 inch Kona Muslin to use for quilt backing. I didn't need it right now so they said that they could order it and I could use my coupon. You have to pay for it before they will order it. I paid $47.65 and I saved $104.90. I thought I got a pretty good deal.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast