Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 172

Thread: Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

  1. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    226
    where did you get a 60% off coupon? I haven't seen one for 60%.

  2. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    I have a 50% off but not 60%. Where did you get that one?
    The last flyer I received had a scratch off on the back and I was one of the lucky ones with a 60%, but the whole darn store was on sale and really had a hard time finding something to use it on. Gosh darn them all to heck!!!
    I think they just put coupons in their flyers to get everyone excited and into their stores, all the time planning to have EVERYTHING on sale so the coupons can't actually be used. Of course the sale prices aren't as good as using the coupons would be, but we get ourselves into the store anyway. Seems to work on many of us! will we every learn- Not!

  3. #78
    Super Member Marlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eastern Montana
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Will they let you buy more than one bolt with a coupon...I thought 1 bolt would count as one cut
    The bolts that I got have 15 yards on them. I just told them I wanted 30 yards and they used the coupon (70%) off the whole yardage. They didn't have that much in stock so they special ordered it for me - no shipping.

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Will they let you buy more than one bolt with a coupon...I thought 1 bolt would count as one cut
    The bolts that I got have 15 yards on them. I just told them I wanted 30 yards and they used the coupon (70%) off the whole yardage. They didn't have that much in stock so they special ordered it for me - no shipping.
    Wow! Thanks, I'm going tomorrow & will tell them I need 80 yds of warm and natural. Glad I couldn't get it yesterday..will let y'all know if this works!

  5. #80
    Super Member pab58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    near Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    5,867
    Blog Entries
    1
    It seems that I'm not missing out on anything by not even getting my coupon! Sounds like corporate is getting to be an even bigger pain in the patootie than ever!! :evil:

    Stitchin: Where in the mitten are you located? I'm in the southeastern corner. Welcome fellow Michiganian!!

  6. #81
    Super Member Roberta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    China, ME.
    Posts
    2,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Had to write that I love your dogs. I'm a huge sighthound fan as you can tell by my avatar.

  7. #82
    Super Member quiltingfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Posts
    1,060
    Blog Entries
    1
    Same problem I had last time when I had a coupon, everything on sal and ended up using it for thread, bummer.

  8. #83
    arpdesigns28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    77
    Okay, so I'm wasn't the only bummed out by the 40% off coupons. Both my mother's and mine was 40%. I was annoyed. ;0P But, like I needed any other fabric anywho.

  9. #84
    Senior Member Quiltntime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltntime
    I'm on my way to Jo-Ann's this morning with my on-line coupons. 50% off regular priced & the 10% off including sales items.

    I used to avoid their Saturday sales, but in my Jo-Ann's there's only a few customers now. I think many have caught on to their sale techniques. :wink:
    Okay, I've returned with my purchases from Jo-Ann's. Fusible stabilizer & a spool of thread. Clerk wouldn't take 2 coupons for 1 purchase, but with their 50% off on the thread + 10% coupon on the thread, I got my 60% off. :thumbup:

  10. #85
    Super Member abonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Knee Deep
    Posts
    2,082
    went with a 70% and 50% coupon. got a $50.00 natural light desk lamp for $15.00 and with the 50% coupon I got a $24.00 lap quilting frame for $12.00 . Made out well.

  11. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    63
    I HAVE A PROBLEM BEING IN JOANN'S FOR A LONG LENGTH OF TIME DUE TO MOST OF THE FABRICS HAVE FORMALDEHYDE. I AM CHEMICAL SENSITIVE AND MY EYES AND FACE START BURNING...BEST BET FOR ME IS TO GO TO QUILTING STORES..COTTONS ARE FINE...I RUN IN, USE MY CUPONS ON BOOKS OR THINGS I NEED FOR QUILTING AND I'M OUT OF THERE....

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    40
    i'm getting a little po at joanns to because everything i want to use my coupon on is on sale.

  13. #88
    Super Member Marlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eastern Montana
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Will they let you buy more than one bolt with a coupon...I thought 1 bolt would count as one cut
    The bolts that I got have 15 yards on them. I just told them I wanted 30 yards and they used the coupon (70%) off the whole yardage. They didn't have that much in stock so they special ordered it for me - no shipping.
    Wow! Thanks, I'm going tomorrow & will tell them I need 80 yds of warm and natural. Glad I couldn't get it yesterday..will let y'all know if this works!
    Just one note on that, the warm & natural was on sale so I couldn't use my coupon on it. I ended up with a different brand - part polyester. But there were several quilters (customers) who said they used this kind all the time and really liked it. It is still 90 wide like the warm and natural. Good luck!

  14. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    226
    thanks for the info

    darlene

  15. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Quote Originally Posted by nanjam62
    Will they let you buy more than one bolt with a coupon...I thought 1 bolt would count as one cut
    The bolts that I got have 15 yards on them. I just told them I wanted 30 yards and they used the coupon (70%) off the whole yardage. They didn't have that much in stock so they special ordered it for me - no shipping.
    Wow! Thanks, I'm going tomorrow & will tell them I need 80 yds of warm and natural. Glad I couldn't get it yesterday..will let y'all know if this works!
    Just one note on that, the warm & natural was on sale so I couldn't use my coupon on it. I ended up with a different brand - part polyester. But there were several quilters (customers) who said they used this kind all the time and really liked it. It is still 90 wide like the warm and natural. Good luck!
    The sale sign on ours Friday said the sale ends today. i asked if that was correct & they said yes. My coupon 60% is still good tomorrow so I am going back tomorrow to get it. I hope they were right.

  16. #91
    jrt4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    central Ohio
    Posts
    3
    Hi, brand new here but this thread intrigued me. I also went to Joann's today armed with my wishlist, 2-40% off coupons, 1-50% off coupon and a 10% all total sale coupon. Came out smiling ear to ear. To use my 40% coupons and my 50% I bought some of their block of the month squares that I use to make candle mats to sell at craft shows. Bought lots of the quilting cottons at 2.99/yd and found some of the calicos I like over in the markdown area for $3.00 a yard. Total came to just over $120 before the coupons were used - walked out for a few cents over $61. I love Joann's but you do really, really have to watch the coupons and what's on sale. If I hadn't bought the block of the month items I would have used my coupons on the packs of fat quarters that are no longer on sale this week. I also purchase through Joann.com which is how I got the 50% off coupon and the 10% off total sale coupon.

  17. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    403
    Blog Entries
    1
    I only got a 40% coupon!

  18. #93
    Super Member butterflies5518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,042
    I did well at Joann's today - 70% off of the final fabric piece for my yo-yo quilt. Used every coupon in my possession and saved $30 - so proud of myself!

  19. #94
    Junior Member LadyCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    158
    I actually found a website where I can purchase pellon on the bolt for a really reasonable price - it's www.jhittlesewing.com.

    I do a lot of comparison shopping online to get the best deal possible.

  20. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    600
    I wonder if something is on sale, if you can ask to get it rang up at regular price and then use your coupon instead of the sale price it was.

  21. #96
    Senior Member BizyStitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    I have a 50% off but not 60%. Where did you get that one?
    The last flyer I received had a scratch off on the back and I was one of the lucky ones with a 60%, but the whole darn store was on sale and really had a hard time finding something to use it on. Gosh darn them all to heck!!!
    I just got back from JoAnn's with my scratch off 50% and same thing I could not find anything that wasn't already on sale. I mentioned this to the check out clerk, and she said "I know". I really don't like JoAnn's anyway. But I did end up getting some fusible too.

  22. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Uniontown, Ohio
    Posts
    533
    mine was only 40% so I didn't stop on my way home from work fisrt nignt in a long time I was out of work by 4PM instead of 5-5:30 nice came straight home

  23. #98
    Junior Member cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    155
    it seems not all flyers are alike, I found that last week, a friend had a 50% off fabric coupon in the inside flap, where I had none. I havent gotten a coupon either like you all are talking about. I got a 20% off in the mail extra.
    but as you said they have everything on sale, you would normally buy-that is their ploy. Not nice sounding at all.

  24. #99
    Super Member jgriinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,099
    I don't get to JoAnn's that often, it's 75 miles away, so when I do get there and have that problem of everything on my list is already on sale, I buy 5 - 10 yards of warm and natural batting. I use 80/20 Hobbs for my quilts, but I really like the warm and natural for wallhangings, placemats and table runners. So, I stock up on that.

  25. #100
    Super Member jgriinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,099
    I just thought of something else. For those of you who belong to a quilt guild, you can sign up online for another 10% off from JoAnn's above and beyond the sale price. Thought I'd share that with everyone.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.