Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!! >

Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:11 AM

My scratch off was only a 40% but again as you I went looking for a Christmas print... ha ha ha of course all was already on sale, so I got a afaghan magazine that was 9.99 and some of the 50% off threads.... I will go back Monday when the fabs a t not on sale and use it then.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:04 AM

Well, I decided to go back with my 60% off coupon and check out the Kona you all are talking about. I bought a whole bolt of Kona black with the 60% and four yards of Kona red with my 40% coupon. Altogether I left with 72.00 worth of things for 35.00.
I was a happy camper and my cousins will finally get thier quilts...someday...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
Well, I decided to go back with my 60% off coupon and check out the Kona you all are talking about. I bought a whole bolt of Kona black with the 60% and four yards of Kona red with my 40% coupon. Altogether I left with 72.00 worth of things for 35.00.
I was a happy camper and my cousins will finally get thier
quilts...someday...
Good for you, I'm going back with my 50 and 10 VIP and ordering a bolt today too. Yeah for us!!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:23 AM

You do know that if JoAnn's is low or out of a particular fabric or stabilizer, that you can use your 60% off coupon and do a special order....doesn't matter how much you need...I did this with faux leather and saved a bundle....
D in TX
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Ladies, don't forget to look for, or ask for the Fashion Fusion magazine put out by JoAnn 3 or 4 per year the FallWinter has two 50% off coupons and four 40% off coupons and they are good until January 22, 2011! I purchased several.
D in TX
Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 AM

Just got back from Joann's . Got the 80% coupon and had a few 50% off and a $25 gift card that a friend gave me. Wasn't going to go but did because of the 80% .
So ended up getting scissors with it. I looked all around the store and spotted a June Tailor cutting/ironing board Not a sale sign to be seen. Walked to all the places that have cutting boards and checked. No June Tailor listed on the sale signs so cool Or so I thought. Get to the check out. Guess what. Its on sale. I told that cashier that is just wrong. NO sign No listing in the ads. She said 1. We can only put up signs that Corporate sends us. 2. Maybe the for sale sign doesn't list everything that's on sale. It sure has room to list all things not covered I think they could like 2 more words) 3. You can ask any of us to check the price. (Say what?? I have to pick stuff up and carry to you all to check the price? ) That is not my job.
I have gone through this before and I am done. Hobby Lobby is opening a store in the same area guess where I am shopping from now on. And the lady told me the last time I was in there that they would honor Joann coupons. So WHY would I go to Joanns any more?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by nanjam62
I buy for our prayer quilt group at church & some of the girls had donated their coupons to use for the quilts. I went to buy a bolt of batting and the flyer said it was the packaged batting on sale. I got there and it was on sale too. I had a 60% off. The clerk told me the sale goes off sat night & my coupon is good until Sunday so I am going back to get it. It will save an additional $88 by waiting until Sunday. We were also going to get a large cutting mat but they were also on sale & the girl didn't know when the sale on them ends. I didn't get one and will check Sunday & see if they are still on sale. My husband said you have never come home from joann's and felt good about it. It just seems like a bait and switch....but we need the batting and can't get any better deal..you just feel like they are playing mind games with you.
It is their job to know when the sales goes off. I would have made her find out for me. I'm sorry but this is part of good customer service. Can you tell that I was (retired) a supervisor in an insurance companies service department. I would be very unhappy if one of my employees gave this answer.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM

I went to Joann's yesterday and used the 10% off one. Couldn't find anything not on sale that I really wanted or needed. Found fabric on sale for $1.99 and batting at 40% off, so with the additional 10% off, saved more than I spent. Its really hard not to find something not on sale!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:38 AM

Perhaps we should ALL write to JOANN corporate office and let them know we are tired of being dupped! I will not buy anything @ full price, so, like many of you, if I can't use a coupon - I walk out. HOWEVER, I ALWAYS look for customers with lots of stuff in their carts and offer them my coupons. Most people are very grateful-I always tell them that if they can't use my coupons (cause their purchase(s) are already on sale) pass the coupons back to the next person in line.. and sooooo on. The clerks aren't toooo happy about that but what the heck. Discounts aren't coming out of their checks and (so far) there is no RULE that says you can't share coupons, RIGHT! he he he he
Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM

I ususally don't even bother with the coupons as I almost never find what I want that is not on sale. It used to be they would give me the 50% off the regular price instead of insisting that I pay the "sale" price. They don't do that any longer - at least not here in Florida. I did like the 10% off my total order coupon and can use that one regardless of what I buy.