Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Went to other boards today......

I like the diversity on this board, and being able to get answers to my requests! :lol: People here are sew helpful, friendly, and giving. It meets my needs and I will be here until it no longer does that, OR my computer self destructs! :?

Banned
    [quote=Shemjo]I like the diversity on this board, and being able to get answers to my requests! :lol: People here are sew helpful, friendly, and giving. It meets my needs and I will be here until it no longer does that, OR my computer self destructs! :? [/quote

I totally agree ! This is the best place to be ! And our " family " is still growing . Annie

Quote Originally Posted by montanaquilter
    Boy were they boring!! :roll: We've got the best one right here. Thank goodness I found this one first. No one is on those others really and they don't talk much either.

So, if anyone out there is looking to find a forum-this one is the best, don't go anywhere else!! :D
    Unfortunately I did not find this one first. But I feel like the old saying "I saved the best for last". This is a friendly and (what I really need) non-judgemental board. Very encouraging to all and that means a lot. I don't have too much to offer but I do jump in when I think what I have to say might help someone and I appreciate everyone being so helpful when I ask a question. They answer in a very caring manner. Dixie in Alabama

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    huh - there are other boards?

Why? :D

Blog Entries
    I'm SO GLAD I found this board. I lurked for a very short time before jumping in with both feet, because I realized that everyone was friendly and helping each other. When someone asks a question, no one blows them off. That's why I feel free to express myself - knowing that even if someone has a different approach, they won't YELL at me - they'll just give their own advice in addition to mine. And when I have a question I know others will take it seriously.

And I LOVE THE LIVE CHATS!!!

I've visited other boards in the past just to see what's out there. I agree that this board is the best! I have to check it out at least once a day and sometimes several times a day. This board just feels like home to me. One thing I didn't like about some of the other boards is wading through all the huge blinking, screaming signature lines. Others may feel differently, but I find it distracting and annoying.

Different strokes for different folks. This is my third member board. Just like real friends forums offer different types of friendship. Life would be boring if we all were happy with only one thing in life.

I agree with each and everyone of you!!! to me this is the BEST, as each person tries to help all the others in their time of need. Sometimes we only need to talk and someone to listen, at other times we need advice and help, which is always so freely given. Thanks to all of you for making it this way. Thanks to our administrator that keeps things interesting and constructive. Mary

I have never even tried this before. This is my very first! What is the purpose and why?
    Where in Montana?

what is the purpose of what? I live in the northeastern corner of montana. near the canadian border and close to the north dakota border.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I'm SO GLAD I found this board. I lurked for a very short time before jumping in with both feet, because I realized that everyone was friendly and helping each other. When someone asks a question, no one blows them off. That's why I feel free to express myself - knowing that even if someone has a different approach, they won't YELL at me - they'll just give their own advice in addition to mine. And when I have a question I know others will take it seriously.

And I LOVE THE LIVE CHATS!!!
    Joanne, I do so wish the lurkers felt like you, and decided to give it a go...but it's ok, if they just don't have anything to say.
    I used to be like that. Then I got married, and over the years, hubby has brought me out of my shell! way out, sometimes, but I just like having fun. I try to behave.
    I have so many friends here, and the quilting pics and info are fantastic, but without the friendships, it wouldn't be quite the same. :wink:

You should get a fine for even trying to think there is a better place then this one.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Banned
    Very well put quiltncrazy . I lurked too , didn't last very long . After I found out how friendly and helpful everyone is , just jumped right in . I have learned a lot and am still learning :lol:

Pigeon Patty don't run away scared . I didn't quite understand your post . What were you wanting to know ? By the way WELCOME :D

Annie

I perfer this forum to any other. As others have stated, it is the friendliest, most supportive, and caring group. I am not a beginner and I create some of my own designs. Yet, I have learned quite a bit on this board. There are many talented people here who are very willing to help others. That is one of the things that makes this forum so special.

i absolutely love this board and have met some very wonderful quilters. I do not go to any other board. And the live chat here is to die for!!

I belong to several boards andam very low key on all of the board but I get something different from each one. I don't swap but do enjoy seeing other people's work and the finished quilts when they post them.

Variety is the spice of life and so is quilting.. Just open up and you will learn something different from each board. I know there are several quilters on this board that are on other boards that I belong to.

This forum is a very comfortable place and I really enjoy seeing all the new pictures every day!

I found it when I was Googling the AccuStitch regulator for home sewing machines and a forum discussion on it showed up. By the way, the company must have gone out of business because the link no longer works that I had save in my favorites.

I liked what I saw here and decided to stay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2