Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What can I do to fix this??? >

What can I do to fix this???

What can I do to fix this???

Old 02-18-2015, 08:43 AM

I would take out the quilting for that one strip...fix it...hand blind stitch it back in and then put the quilt on the frame and very carefully stitch the lines for each panto row...it's such a small section, and if you use the panto on the front to line it up (just take a section that has the design area you need, place it on a board on the quilt...use the laser to follow that part of the design. Or you can use tracing or even freezer paper to stitch over the paper design you need...making templates to put on each section & quilt over. I usually never bury threads, this is one situation, I'd bury the threads.
Marge

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Its already made and quilted. For the life of me..... I didn't see the boo boo before or after quilting until I laid it out in the floor. I was going to put it i a quilt show. It is so beautiful but when You look at it closely, you can see what happened. I think I placed one strip upside down or something. The quilting is very close and if I took the section out, I doubt very seriously if I could match the panto back up and fix it without being noticed. I thought about appliqueing something over it. But what? Help!!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 AM

Oh man, that's painful to look at!! I would have to agree with others that suggest hand stitching the correct light squares on top of the brown. It would at least camouflage the error so it doesn't scream at you. I think you could then use your regular sit down machine to fill in the quilting rather than put it back on the long arm. Good luck. The quilt is gorgeous!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:55 PM

Don't know if I would replace it. It is beautiful. How about just renaming it Earthquake Happening.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 PM

I'm sure I'm the only one who would keep it just like it is! Every quilt is unique and this would be a unique one for sure! I think it's wonderful just the way it is!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 PM

I am so sorry that this has happen to you I feel your pain I have done this to a quilt myself and decided to just keep it as is like I did it on purpose. But I haven't on other quilts and ended up taking them apart because I just didn't know what else to do. I would like to see how you fix it.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 PM

Guess I am blind. Ido not see the error. I think youdid a beautiful job
Old 03-17-2015, 12:17 PM

The colors are very rich in desert browns. Maybe applique coyotes here and there? it's beautiful