Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Do With The Quilts You Make? >

What Do You Do With The Quilts You Make?

What Do You Do With The Quilts You Make?

Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 AM

I'm working on my 4th quilt now. The first one was given away in a drawing at the family reunion, the second one went to DD, the third one I made for me and the fourth one is unclaimed as of now.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:48 PM

I make a quilt for each new baby at church, others are gifts. I keep some and enjoy them.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:09 PM

The few that I have made have been gifts to family members. The quilts I have in mind to make are also for family members. I do have one or two in mind for me, but they will probably come later. It sure is easy to dream up new quilts to make and to find someone to make them for! But, at some point I do want to make quilts for charity.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:26 PM

I have made several quilts for family and friends and a couple for charity raffles. Kept only a handful. This weekend my two granddaughters were in my studio and one of them saw the quilt in my avatar hanging on the wall. Her name is Grace and she thought the appliqué in the middle of the quilt looked like a "G". She loved it so I told her it was a favorite of mine too and when I died it would be hers. Her older sister (almost 10) looked around the studio and said "that's ok, I'll take the rest of this stuff". She's one smart cookie don't you think!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Toni C View Post
I'm like Auntpiggylpn I don't have a single one I have gifted all that I have made
I finally kept one!! I made a quilt that wasn't to my satisfaction so I didnt give it away and kept it...I have made quilts for family, friends and to donate..with 9 children and 14 grandbabies, I will be busy a LONG time making gifts!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM

Imake them for gifts for dear friends and my grand babies.............and an occasional one for my hubby and I.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:14 PM

My family always asks this, especially my Mom. I always tell her that I'm keeping all of them.

In reality, most have been going to family members or I've been keeping. I use scraps to make lap quilts for teenagers that are donated to the local children's hospital. Once family members are knee deep in quilts, then I'll have to rethink my goals.

Last edited by IAmCatOwned; 07-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Some are made as gifts for specific occasions - weddings, births, etc. -- some are made for our kids to help warm up their homes - some for grandkids to snuggle under - and some just because they must be made!! And if my husband questions anything about my quilting, I simply open the door between my sewing studio and his gun room and start counting guns. He usually quiets down pretty fast. I also find that he likes to have one made just for him once in a while.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 AM

I use them to decorate. I have one sitting in my floor quilt hoop. I have some hung over the backs of chairs. I have some as wall hangings. I have a quilt rack where I display some. I only have one on a bed but I'd like to make one for my room. You can't ever have too many quilts.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:22 AM

I don't have one of my own - not yet, anyway. They have mostly gone to charity with a few gifts to friends.