Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM

I use mine often to incorporate in a pieced quilt. I've attached a couple of pictures....the first is a quilt for darling GD, and the second is a table runner for a cousin who has a cabin all decorated with black bears.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241670.jpe   attachment-241671.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 AM

I mostly use my embroidery machine to make quilt blocks. They make the cutest crib/lap quilts. The designs available are endless. I have also made Xmas stockings for my grandchildren, and towels for Xmas gifts.
I am so glad my husband talked me into buying my Bernina 180E in 1998. Love it :thumbup:
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 AM

The most labor intensive thing I have made is a king size quilt with 100 flowers. I bought the designs and was doing a test sew and my husband said you need to make a quilt. I had never made anything bigger than a baby quilt and had no pattern or idea how to do it but set out . They are Petra's Secret Garden 1,2,&3. I have done clocks,bags,towels ,stockings.curtains,tree skirts,wall hangings. I will monogram anything that stays still except my husband's underwear.!I love it and use it to add to my quilting. It can be as adictive as quilting when you start looking for free designs.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241677.jpe   attachment-241678.jpe   attachment-241679.jpe   attachment-241680.jpe   attachment-241682.jpe  

attachment-241683.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 AM

I use mine you can make all kinds of things with them, you can also quilt with them. here is a couple of things I have done with mine.
Originally Posted by nance-ell
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241684.jpe   attachment-241685.jpe   attachment-241686.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM

I use mine you can make all kinds of things with them, you can also quilt with them. here is a couple of things I have done with mine.
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM

sunbonnet baby quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241693[/ATTACH]

Bible redwork quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241694[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241687.jpe   attachment-241688.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 AM

Gosh, I wouldn't know what to do without my embroidery machines!! I bought my 1st in 1998. I now have 2 one is a top of the line, Ellisimo and the other is my Designer 1 former top of the line. I couldn't part with either one, I use both at the same time sometimes use my serger too!! 2 machines embroidering and serging on the other. What a blast!
I agree with the comment 'what can't you make' on an embroidery machine!! I am continually amazed at how digitizers continue to bring more and more amazing projects to us in the hoop!

Go for it, is all I can say!! You won't regret it, if you love embroidery and creativity!!

I think we can safely say embroidery machines are pretty much limitless today!!
I will share some of my examples of fun also!

This is the bib to my apron I made for my kitchen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241695[/ATTACH]

This is a Victorian Shoe Christmas Ornament done in the hoop.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241696[/ATTACH]

This is one of 3 'crocheted' Victorian ladies done as a curtain.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241699[/ATTACH]

Yes, even toilet paper is embroiderable! LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241700[/ATTACH]

My pride and joy my Sunbonnet Valance!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241706[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241689.jpe   attachment-241690.jpe   attachment-241693.jpe   attachment-241694.jpe   attachment-241698.jpe  

attachment-241700.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM

I live for my embroidery machine. I have a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0. I use it nearly every day. Here are a few things I've made. I love the ITH (in-the-hoop) projects best right now.

Stitched in pieces and connected with hot glue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241701[/ATTACH]

3-D Butterflies made entirely in the hoop.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241702[/ATTACH]

All this was made entirely in the hoop.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241703[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241695.jpe   attachment-241696.jpe   attachment-241697.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 AM

I bought a machine with embroidery capabilities strictly for quilt blocks, quilt embellishment, & quilting. I do occasionally sew designs on my plain sweatshirts.

Attached is a photo of the embroidery hoop holder I made that hangs on my sewing room door and a photo of a child's quilt that I made for & mailed to a friend's sick grandson. That's all I have to show, yet. I have lots of quilt blocks with embroidery designs on them ... kept in boxes until I can assemble the quilts.

My biggest problem is that there are not enough hours in the day nor enough of me (I need to be cloned!) to get everything done; I have about a zillion embroidery designs stored in my computer and many, many plans in mind for future quilts on which to display those zillion designs, but not enough time/energy to make much progress.

Sorry, can't get the hoop holder right-side up. I thought it was in my files on its side, but it's right there, so I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241707.jpe   attachment-241708.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 AM

These are such cute shirts