Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Great thread. Thanks for all the ideas and sites. I'm just getting started with my 350e and know there is a lot more to learn. I've just been embroidering mug rugs, bibs and the like.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
I got my sewing/quilting/embroidery machine about a year ago I think. I have used my quite often, but didn't take many pictures back then. I embroidery the grandchildren name on things I make for them, quilt label (first time last week). Would love to do more when I can get the thread on sale or use a coupon.

Overnight bag with name
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241606[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241600.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:09 AM

The possibilities are endless with an embroidery machine..... Can't imagine a day without it. I have withdrawal symptoms when I don't use it! Lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:16 AM

quilt blocks, quilt labels, quilting luggage tags, towel, on ribbon (the names of the bride and groom )
Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by suedonnie
Where do you get the picture embroidery designs?
I get most of mine from bfc-creations: http://bfc-creations.com/Designs/000menus/Windows.html

Anita Goodesigns also has some picture designs: http://www.anitagoodesignonline.com/?cat=56
Old 08-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Is there a tutorial on how to make those pictures? I love them, they are beautiful!
Each design comes with complete instructions on how to make them. I just posted links to my two favorite places to buy the designs (bfc-creations.com and Anita Goodesigns).
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 AM

Have wanted to purchase as new machine to do both quilting and embroidery. Have been so hesitant to jump into an expensive investment not knowing if I'll use it enough. So happy to read responses.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 AM

I use mine for embroidery, labels, using the outline of a design to quilt a blanket. And it works for utility stitching.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by butter14562
I love mine. I have the older model Janome mc 10001. I make place mats, table runners.covers for my mixer,toaster, ect. I need to learn to posts pictures.I have so many thing in my head to embroider I'll never get them done.Go to embroidery library they have a show case that people send in what they make with their designs
And LOADS of tutorials there - great place www.emblibrary.com. Get on their mailing list and each week you also receive special price sales like $1 per pattern, or spend $10 and get $5 off at checkout, etc. Their designs are really good - I did run into a density problem but I am working on that - as to whether it is me or the pattern.

There are also lots of free and minimal cost patterns on the internet to download and stitch out - I love mine!

Marysewfun :D
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 AM

I have a commerical 9 needle machine. We used to have a shop that we screen print and embroidery but sadly I do now use it much now.