Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: What first attracted you to quilting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
    I love this topic! Every one of these stories is wonderful! Thanks to everyone for sharing!
    this is the only thread in my 2+ yrs of Board membership that I have read every word of every entry - some even brought on tears, some laughter, lots of smiles - they are wonderful stories
    thank you all for sharing them.

We were expecting our 3rd grandchild and thought a quilt would be beautiful. Was on vacation on NC and the "boutiques" I visited all had quilts -- Made in China. I was so frustrated when I returned home, I decided I can make a quilt myself. I have been sewing since my early teens -- my mother and her sisters were all seamstresses. I am self taught and have been quilting for over 5 years. It is such a relaxing and rewarding hobby. How can you go wrong giving a gift made by your hands and given from your heart.

Let's see started sewing when I was 8 made lots of clothes and other stuff wasn't going to quilt because it was too time consuming.... Had grandsons..... Hmmm cant really make cloths for them, took a class with my boyfriends ex wife ( we had a blast) now quilting is my primary focus long arm, making etc.... Love quilts and really one size fitsall

My maternal grandmother almost always had a quilt on the frame...when they lived on the farm and even after she and Grandpa moved to town (usually a Log Cabin). My mom also quilted, but not so much until we kids were grown; she sewed many things for me and for my sisters, and the scraps from the clothing projects went to Grandma. I was always interested in sewing and quilting...did much more garment sewing before I was married, and a lot for my girls when small and prom dresses as teenagers. Didn't really start quilting until 8 to 10 years ago. I've been having fun lately making t-shirt quilts.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4