Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of foot do you use on your sewing machine? >

What kind of foot do you use on your sewing machine?

What kind of foot do you use on your sewing machine?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 AM

When I am doing straight sewing I use the regular sewing foot.When piecing 1/4" foot. When quilting walkingFoot.Applique,see thru foot that can be used zigzag. I have several that I use for different things. Since my machine is snap on,it doesn't take but a second to change them. I have a teflon foot that is great for heavy thick material. I have the bigfoot,and darning foot. I have used all of them for one purpose or another.
BillsBonBon
Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Wow I love that old machine Rhonda :)
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sunnyhope
Wow I love that old machine Rhonda :)
Yeah Nina I do too!! It is simple and just my speed!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:24 PM

What a great topic i also have and love my singer 15-91 also i have different feet for it they made alot of them in case you want to know what the walking foot looks like along with a zig zag attachment here are some pics its kinda funny i just bought the zig zagger today and here is this topic also im planning to add more to my collection. chris
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24872.jpe   attachment-24873.jpe   attachment-24874.jpe  
Old 04-17-2009, 02:27 PM

This is the zig zag attachment it uses different cards to slide in to change the style of stitch desired
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24875.jpe   attachment-24876.jpe   attachment-24879.jpe  
Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by genghis khan
What a great topic i also have and love my singer 15-91 also i have different feet for it they made alot of them in case you want to know what the walking foot looks like along with a zig zag attachment here are some pics its kinda funny i just bought the zig zagger today and here is this topic also im planning to add more to my collection. chris
Wow I 've never seen another one like mine! They are identical twins!

I had to look twice at first I thought I had gotten back to my picture of mine and I thought what? then I scrolled back up to the first picture and realized it wasn't mine!!

My husband rewired mine 25 years ago but the only thing wrong with mine is the rewinder needs to be replaced and the front left corner has a problem with the screw holding the plate up that holds the machine level. I finally sunk a long nail underneath to hold it up. I got tired of replacing the screw and trying to screw it back up it was too reamed out and nothing I tried worked. The angle is wrong for me to get in there very well. I could pull the machine out of my corner and lay it down but a nail was easier.

Mine has a knee control does yours?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

This is the zig zag attachment it uses different cards to slide in to change the style of stitch desired
I collect old attachments and stuff but I don't think I have ever seen the zigzag for this singer. I have others for other types of machines tho and they look similar. I have one for making ruffles but it is for a differant machine than singer.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:45 PM

Mine has a foot peadle and can be used in or out of the little table i have also if you are looking for parts for yours there are sellers on ebay who have parts like the bobbin winder part you need and ive done a google search before and turned up good results for finding things for mine you might be surprised whats still around for them.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Mine has a foot peadle and can be used in or out of the little table i have also if you are looking for parts for yours there are sellers on ebay who have parts like the bobbin winder part you need and ive done a google search before and turned up good results for finding things for mine you might be surprised whats still around for them.
Thanks a lady at a QS a half hour from us says she could probably fix it for me but I can't lay mine back down inside and even when I could it is a pain to haul it anywhere.

Some day maybe. But if I could order one my DH and I could probably figure out how to replace it. I'll have to check into it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:34 AM

A little late in the posting, but just now reading the comment about being thankful that the Capitan of our American ship is now safe. Just needed to say that we should also be thankful for our Navy Seals Sharp Shooters who rescued him. With all of the bad news today, it is wonderful to know that we have some very responsible young men protecting our country.