What will we all do??????? >

What will we all do???????

What will we all do???????

Old 01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by davidwent
Originally Posted by Nolee
Originally Posted by deedum
just thing what that is going to do to the price of clothing, etc!
Just take a look at the grocery store to see how prices are rising. There is no compensation in our paychecks for that, especially those of us on social security. I want to write a letter to whoever that person was who sent us the note that we wouldn't be getting even a small raise because THE COST OF LIVING HAS NOT GONE UP!! What idiots in our government! Sorry, I had to rant....now back to the calmness of quilting.
AMEN!!! I got that letter too, 2nd year in a row! What a joke!!!
David
Not only that, but they need to raise the figures for poverty level. It is just ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:40 PM

I was in Joann's the other day, not to buy fabric, but batting, and the clerks were changing the price on the $3.99 fabric to $4.99. When I said that has been here, and not a new shipment, they laughed, and told me that it didn't matter they had to mark it up also. At least I'm trying to go without buying anymore fabric for at least a year. I joined the site that we will try till I think November 2011?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:51 PM

well i see connecting threads getting really popular theyre fabric is made in the usa and is 3.96 - 6.96 atm so if it goes up it still
wont be as high. course im like most of yall i could quilt quite
awhile on my stash as llittle time as i have to quilt.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Administrator

i will do what i've always done ...

hunt like crazy for super-sales.

and hope the super-sale prices don't rise to the point of the formerly regular prices. :shock:

if that happens, i'll have to brush the dog more often and learn to spin yarn and then weave.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I will shop in my sewing room and supplement only what I MUST have. Swaps can be a challenge and require a purchase.
Instead of "ooooh, I love that color/pattern" I plan to start with "so I have this fabric, what can I do with it?"
Old 01-17-2011, 02:38 PM

I'm already trying to cut back on buying more and using what I have,right now I have enough UFO's and WIP's to keep me busy at least this year :roll:
The thing I have to do is just stay out of the LQS or else I loose my focus. :roll: :shock: :roll:
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM

I have already been keeping an eye out at my local Goodwill. I haven't found anything yet. I think maybe other people have maybe thought of my idea.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:14 PM

I am more worried about how I am going to afford food and gas since that is going up higher than ever. I am trying to use what I have since it is hard for me to get to the fabric shop that is closest to me. Actually the walmart has it but we are trying to have a couple of reasons to leave the area where we live and try to save gas. What a pain this is going to be for a couple of years....
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM

For several years, my old square dance clothes have been calling to me from boxes in the attic. They're saying, "You loved me enough to buy me years ago, you twirled me around and showed me off, then stuck me in this box. Now pull me out and re-purpose me, show me off once again." Hey - there are many, many yards per dress, and they are all prewashed.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM

It's going to be work! I was in JoAnn's today and I was very disappointed in the quality of a lot of the material. Apparent low thread count....you could see thru it! When the better stuff is gone that is what they are replacing it with. Not good!