Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on?? >

What are you working on??

What are you working on??

Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 AM

I've just been finishing up small odds and ends. I like to do that between larger projects especially during a time like the holidays when I don't seem to have large chunks of stitching time with family and friends dropping in. I finished some more washcloth bibs for my DGD, made an apron for our bookkeeper, replaced zippers in DSIL's jeans, fixed DH's coveralls and stitched my BOM blocks for my middle of the month gathering at the LQS. My to-do basket is almost empty and I have tidied up the sewing room. I want to start a BQ quilt for DD using the wonderful Spaniel fabric she found (from the UK) and don't want to cut the pieces too small.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:42 AM

I've just been finishing up small odds and ends. I like to do that between larger projects especially during a time like the holidays when I don't seem to have large chunks of stitching time with family and friends dropping in. I finished some more washcloth bibs for my DGD, made an apron for our bookkeeper, replaced zippers in DSIL's jeans, fixed DH's coveralls and stitched my BOM blocks for my middle of the month gathering at the LQS. My to-do basket is almost empty and I have tidied up the sewing room. I want to start a BQ quilt for DD using the wonderful Spaniel fabric she found (from the UK) and don't want to cut the pieces too small.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 AM

I'm waiting on my Christmas present to arrive and then hopefully I can do some embroidery on my purses. That's all I'm working on right now, trying to get enough made to put in a consignment shop or for friends to take to their offices. I have a couple of different ideas for bags so I need to do a sample and see how it goes.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM

I have 2 quilts going... one is a twister lap quilt for my son's girlfriend for Christmas... guess I missed that deadline... and the other is a purple disappering 9 patch for my kid sister.. birthday is end of this month
Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 AM

I finished up two quilts for my kids, a bunch of clothes for another's American Doll. Last night (after all company had gone to their respective homes after holiday) I made a doll quilt and a tote bag with the fabric left over from the GD's Princess quilt. Will finish up more NICU quilts THEN start on my brother's quilt (for Christmas 2012). House looks well lived in, so I guess I should be 'working' on that as well. Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 AM

Perpetual clean-up. Everything seems to be a mess around me. Organization is not a strong suit of mine.
As for quilting, I'm hand piecing 1.5" hexagons for a table runner for DMIL. Hoping to have it done by Easter, as the colors remind me of dyed eggs!
Also got bitten by the OBW bug over the last few days. Bought a big floral print from the clearance table at Joanne's yesterday. Brought it home, tore down the middle, found repeats and cut 24 blocks immediately....just to see what was going to happen. I hope to get the rest of it cut today ((should be 96 blocks if my math is correct). I'm very excited to see what the OBW turns out like...every one I have seen has been so beautiful.
I have the fabric for 3 other projects that should last me a few months, and as with most crafters/quilters, I have that UFO pile that just seems static.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 AM

I am making mugrugs for gifts, then there is a basket with log cabin quilt pieces all cut out (queen size) and ready to start on. Making baby quilts for my Church. Also want to do some sewing for next Christmas. The list of things to do grows daily, but that is okay it keeps me motivated.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Today I'm designing one of the two wall hangings I need for a workshop I'm teaching the first weekend of February.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Potato soup sounds yummy!
Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
Made potato soup... picked the last harvest from the garden (salad, beets, and cabbage- on New Year's eve in NY!) ... tomorrow it is supposed to finally turn into winter, and I will be working on a star sampler quilt for my son. Colors of denim blue, cream, and faded reds to go with his room. Lots of plaids to make it masculine. I have quite a few blocks made but unfortunately they have turned out to be slightly different sizes and I'm not sure just what I'm supposed to do about that :-( Well I had fun making the blocks anyway...
Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 AM

I am cutting out and piecing 10 flannel charity quilts for David's House in Hanover NH. Very linty, the Husky doesn't like it, but the Janome doesn't care. The Husky has to go in for repairs, only 2 years old, the easy needle threader doesn't stay down, and I think it needs a tune up. I have cleaned out the lint from the bobbin and throat plate undersides on the Husky, but it just doesn't "sound" happy. I am doing a double slice layer cake (Utube, Missouri Star), but using 8" squares. Not alot of cutting, simple, have about 5 quilts in varying levels of work. I have to press the first batch, (my least favorite activity - ironing - at the same time I will be pressing rows on a feedsack quilt for a gd, a highschool grad gift for June 2012. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like pressing.