Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 11-29-2018, 05:08 PM

I have three blankets/quilts I'm currently working on: My Smoking charms quilt (which is on hold while I try to move my youngest out of the house), knitting another hexagon blanket using the beekeeper quilt pattern. And just started a third hexagon, going to try this one in the traditional Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern-- with my own twist.

I'm not going to count how many other projects I have going on in my mind that are waiting for my youngest to move out to get started on.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:01 PM

I've been unallowing myself to start another project until I finish the one on the wall. Even so procrastination is winning.

I've done laundry, errands, dishes, cleaned the toilets, played computer games........

Progress, I sewing together a small section.

Now, back to computer.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 AM

I"m trying to make my husband a couple new pillowcases and a lap quilt for Christmas but he's been around WAY too much for me to get them done! Usually he works a couple days during the Thanksgiving weekend. This year when I need him to work so I can get some sewing for him done, he went in for a couple hours. Just enough for me to press the fabric and make 3 blocks. Then I heard his truck coming and everything when back in the bag and under the sewing table. I'm hoping next weekend he'll have to work!
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 AM

I am putting together my turkey fan quilt. Sigh... I used to be able to do quilt math in my head like a brainiac, but for the life of me I've lost the ability... So the quilt came out a bit smaller than I was hoping. That's ok, it will be good enough. But then I have less border fabric than I need/want. That's ok too, I often buy fabric from thrift stores or it takes several years for me to get to whatever project I'm working on so I have to deal with this sort of thing often. I figured out not my ideal border, but a good one that still gives me enough for my sashing (same fabric). But figuring out the size of the setting triangles on my on-point design is giving me fits! Fortunately I have a lot of extra background fabric and I will be cutting big and then trimming down, it will all work out.

Sometimes we just have to keep on repeating (and believing!) that it will all work out ok in the end.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:20 PM

I’m working on a few gift projects, and feeling a bit pinched for time :-(. I’m starting 2019's in January !!!
Old 12-02-2018, 04:17 AM

I’m still working on scrap scarves as I need to replenish one of the galleries where I sell them. Then I need to do some potholders for xmas gifts and get a move on the t-shirt quilt and the whole cloth painted one so I can get my design wall back. Like Kwiltr, I think I’ll start 2019 gift making in January!!!

Rob
Old 12-03-2018, 02:45 AM

I finished all the gifts I wanted to make for Christmas and am working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery. I got out all my UFOs recently and am deciding which one I want to concentrate on. Maybe I'll finish one before 2019!