Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Are You Working On??????? >

What Are You Working On???????

What Are You Working On???????

Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
As my name states I'm up for a challenge! This gave me a little trouble, but once I figured it out, of course with help fro Mom!! This was my Memorial Day Project.
that sure is pretty
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 AM

Today I'm working on 2 doll quilts for the June swap. :thumbup:
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 AM

2 BOM's / Autumn Briads quilt pattern / Large handbag
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM

I am working on a heart quilt for my only granddaughter, 2 sport quilts for 2 of my grandsons and thinking what I will do for the two youngest grandsons plus starting to work on place mats, hot pat holders, table runners and maybe a baby quilt, all for Christmas. Now lets see what I get done.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Just read AkAngels post, I NEVER clean house before my gang comes for the day. It looks like a tornado after they all leave. There were only be about 12 or 13 of us Monday and we cooked inside not on the grill so you can imagine what my house looks like.

Back to the original question, I did sew on Memorial Day from about 5:00 am to 7:00 am and then again in the evening for a short time. I have been trying to get a quilt finished for a good friend and am getting it in the mail today! Yeah, can't wait to get back into a different project. This is a pic of Sue Sue's Quilt.

Sue Sue's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77507[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77502.jpe  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
Just read AkAngels post, I NEVER clean house before my gang comes for the day. It looks like a tornado after they all leave. There were only be about 12 or 13 of us Monday and we cooked inside not on the grill so you can imagine what my house looks like.

Back to the original question, I did sew on Memorial Day from about 5:00 am to 7:00 am and then again in the evening for a short time. I have been trying to get a quilt finished for a good friend and am getting it in the mail today! Yeah, can't wait to get back into a different project. This is a pic of Sue Sue's Quilt.
I love your quilt. Very pretty
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM

i am on vacation this week & have to finish the 2nd downy quilt..

then i hope to work on the shop hop quilt from last fall....however, we got 6 yds of mulch dumped that has to get spread this week, and i have the grandkids helping me...so god only knows what i will actually get done..

for some reason, the grandkids would rather be in the pool, than watching a movie in the room next to my studio!!?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Not really working on anything...well, sort of. There's a black and white log cabin variaton quilt I saw in one of my magazines that I want to make for my boyfriend for a Christmas present. I've been designing it and tweaking it, mostly during my lunch breaks at work. Not going to do the striped border. I want to do it in black and red prints, but since I'm having trouble finding a variety of them (that aren't florals or plaid) I'm opting to just getting black and white prints and dying them red. Did a test run with a couple cheap black and white bandanas and some cheap dye and it actually worked quite well. Thinking about getting some better quality dye from Dharma Trading.

Its also summer again which typically means I start planning out the "Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker sea map" wall hanging. Every summer for the last three years I'll go plan it, figure out the scaling, look at fabrics and supplies, etc. and then end up not doing the quilt or getting anything for it and loose the paperwork I did for all the plans. lol. I did get some test fabric in a similar color I want the background to be in and if I find the time to get around to it I can do some test samples.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM

I loe your quilt Polyv9 - very pretty :lol:
Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm working on a red/white/blue quilt from various star patterns, I'll try to attach a few of the blocks, almost finished with them, then will start putting them together, they are 16" blocks, I plan to put red on two sides (top and left) and blue on the other 2 sides (bottom and right) so there will be red/blue on all 4 sides of the blocks when they are sewed together and I can easily square up the blocks once I get the red/blue borders on each block.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77649.jpe   attachment-77650.jpe   attachment-77651.jpe