Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What was your biggest waste of money? >

What was your biggest waste of money?

What was your biggest waste of money?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM

My big Grace quilting frame that uses a large throat sewing machine. Willing to let it go for cheap. Has been assembled and has a speed controller. I have no room or it. It has become a catch all.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
Simplicity Bias Tape Maker & Rotary Cutting Machine! Big mistake
I totally agree that purchasing the simplicity rotary cutting machine was a huge mistake! Paid nearly $80 for it on sale and sold it for $10. I do like the bias tape maker although I do not use it very often.
I'm another big sucker for gadgets and specialty rulers as well.
I really like the June Taylor slotted cutting mat for cutting strips. And the Frixion marking pens by pilot.

Last edited by grannytx; 10-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 PM

I heart the oven guard idea!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
I bought the super slider FM thing, it just didn't work for me. I wasted my money there.
I bought this too at MQX some years agao..I am glad I dont remember how much I paid for it because it is useless!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:37 AM

Default Rotory bldes

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
Rotary blade sharpeners. I've bought two of them the last one being the Orbitol Sharpener at $37.99 and they just don't work that well. They sharpen the blade somewhat but it is just not the same as a new one. Now I look for blades on sale and stock up.
Go toHarbor Freight or order online from Harbor Freight! . The blades they have are for a tool they sell I think but work in a rotary cutter! (45 rotary blade cutter) Check it out or ask others on this site about it!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I bought a Clover desktop needle threader - I can't get it to work - finally read the tiniest print ever and it only works with specific needles that are made by clover. So it really was a waste of $ 15.
Same here! It seemed to work so-so the first few times but now it just pops the needle out of the hold and then I have to spend time trying to see where the needle landed.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by fayeberry View Post
round hoop thing that was supposed to make FMQ easier. Never use it. Fortunately it was not too expensive.
I bought this thing too and realized when I got it home that it won't work with my machine. If I ever get the extension platform it might work, but really regret spending the money on it. Dealer said she'd take it back, but she's 100 miles away, so it will be a while before I see her again. This thread is great, though. I always thought the Flynn frame looked so cool but couldn't afford it. Now I'm glad I didn't get it!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:14 PM

Fons & Porter machine quilting gloves with the little dots. Threads stick to them. I much prefer Machingers!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM

So good to know. I'm in the market for a needle threaded but didn't realize that this one mentioned requires a specific brand of needle. I will keep up the search! This blog has been great to read. Not sure what some of these other items are, but will remember to avoid them. LOL
Old 10-20-2012, 05:18 PM

I have typhe clover needle threader and love it. I have used ut with all kinds of needles. I have to make sure that the thread isnt too thick for the eye.