Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite binding tool?

I sure am interested

The Missouri Star Binding tool tute is on You Tube. Skip down to the updated one as some people had trouble understanding. I love it but it is not for the corners. It puts the binding together perfectly and at a angle like you were sewing binding together. Works everytime. Look at the tute.

I would love to know the name of the quilt when you write a message...sorry don't know what they are called. I'd love to make one. If you can tell me where you got the pattern also or if I can have a copy.
    Thanks in advance

Would love to see your tutorial. Thanks for offering.

I've watched a video with these same instructions as yours and still can't do it. Maybe it's the "corner to opposite corner" I don't get. I haven't mastered 45 degree seams yet. They keep coming out with one side way higher or lower than the other. I just ripped one out 4 times. Is there a secret to getting them even?

That would be wonderful. I have the hardest time with mitered borders

Thank you Betty :-)

I don't know about anyone else but I'd love for you to make/share a tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann

Blog Entries
    Yes, I would be interested in you cd of this class. I have the same problem - joining the beginning and ending.

Josi ..... Sebring FL

Blog Entries
    Ann, I would be very interested in your tutorial. Where will I find it?

Josi.........Sebring FL

I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann

Would love a tutorial!

Blog Entries
    I will be starting the turtorial tomorrow, Thrusday. I like my binding and don't mind doing them. Why spend $ on special tools. I do attach using my walking foot, and hand sew to the back. My only 'special' tools are the binding clips.
    I am really looking forward to your tutorial and am thanking you in advance! :-)

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

ann
    Hi Ann. I'm interested. Please?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any tools, I wing it with a prayer and hope :D . God bless.

ann
    im interested

Banned

ann
    YES ,YES PLEASE!

ann
    I am interested :)

ann
    Thank You Ann. That will be great I need all the help I can get.

I would like to have the tutorial also.

LauraBeth

Blog Entries
    Yes, I'm interested. Please give us a tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by cpfrog
    Tools? I guess you could call the bendable "hair clips" tools. I use these to hold the binding instead of pins (OUCH!) while I'm hand sewing the folded edge to the back of the quilt.
    Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know...I'll try to get more detailed. Also, I buy a large package of these clips at a discount store (K-Mart, Walmart, etc.); NOT the quilt store where they are a fortune!
    I love using these clips. I bought mine in Walmart for about $3.00 for 30 of them. My DD saw me using them the other day and reminded me of when I used to use them to make fancy barrettes for her when she was a little girl to match every outfit she had.

I cut my binding about 21/2 or 2 1/4 depending on the batting, and then I just sew it on with my machine and hand sew the reat on. and I alsouse binding cips and I love them, they are worth the money and you do not stick your fingers. Have a wonderfull day.

With the tool from Missouri Star you sew your binding all the way around the quilt and leave a 12 inch place on one side. You should leave 10 inches of binding on each side of this 12 inches. You cut the binding on the Left along the angle on the ruler. You take the ruler and turn it the opposite direction on the Right and cut it going the opposite way. Flip the ruler from one side to the other. The updated tute on Uptube is very clear. Scroll down to the last tute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfrog
    Tools? I guess you could call the bendable "hair clips" tools. I use these to hold the binding instead of pins (OUCH!) while I'm hand sewing the folded edge to the back of the quilt.
    Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know...I'll try to get more detailed. Also, I buy a large package of these clips at a discount store (K-Mart, Walmart, etc.); NOT the quilt store where they are a fortune!
    I did a search for these but could not find them. Could you explain what these are like? I will try to find some.

My favorite binding tool? Another sewer!!!!!

I've seen mentioned the youtube video about the tool from Missouri Star but not yet has anyone posted the web address. Granted I have not read all 9 pages but I've read most of the messages. Does anyone know how to find this video people are talking about? Thanks in advance!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast