Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your weekend plans? >

What are your weekend plans?

What are your weekend plans?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 AM

I am working on a friendship star quilt and hope to get all the stars done this weekend. It is queen size. Then will decide layout and perhaps a complimentary block.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM

Hi,

Woke up to a sunny day with a slight breeze....fantastic!
Going to finally plant my flowers, been doing the in and out of the shed with them due to frost warnings...but that's done now.
Going to a couple graduation parties this afternoon, then heading to the lake!
I have a machine at the lake so might get some early morning or late sewing in, doing some tote bags called 6 pack totes that are from FQ's, quick to do and are reversible. Do easy small things at the lake.

Have a grand week end everyone!

Bev
Old 06-04-2011, 05:19 AM

Well since today its going to be 105, I am going to stay inside and finish off the pot holders I am making for my DIL, then I am going to start on my next project. Which at this moment I have no idea which one...I have several in the works.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:20 AM

right now I am getting ready for a church camp in Iowa. We are leaving today and will not get home till late Thursday. I am going with my two small kids, 3 and almost 2. Luckily my parents and bro and SIL are going with to help me. I have two quilts that I am bringing that need the binding finished on the back. I can't take my sewing machine so it is just those two quilts that I get to work on. bummer huh? but can't wait for the camp to start.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:44 AM

Am heading out for a 2 hr drive to a LQA to take a paper piecing class, have been wnting to take one for a while. Then home, that will take care of my Sat. tomarrow will do some gardening(pulling weeds) then hope to get my Hunter Star top done. When thats done clean up sewing area and finish my GD quilt I have on the LA.I may have to add Monday to my weekend LOL Better hit the road or Ill be late for class! Have a good weekend!!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Hi Heather, I'm getting ready for a garage sale next weekend and also finishing up a good overhaul of my sewing room.
I realized this morning that I need to fit in a little sewing time. I get cranky when I don't sew!
Have a great weekend!!!!!!! :D:D
Old 06-04-2011, 09:45 AM

I am 6 weeks post rotator cuff surgery and I am going to release my sewing machine from the cabinet and start looking for fabric to make a baby quilt for my new great nephew -Titus Black! Then of course, nap, nap and read and be lazy. I will try not to over do it. I have spent the last hour or so on this board. So I may not get the machine out! I enjoy this board so much I feel like I have been quilting and learning! The weather today is hot and muggy, DH just turned on the AC. Tomorrow will be less humid and in the 70's.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 AM

I just finished mowing two lawns for in laws and had lunch. I am going to shower and then coming down to work on a quilt I want to finish quilting as soon as possible. I haven't worked on it since January. Tomorrow I want to work on a lap quilt I am working on for a friend who was diagnosed with cancer. Just two more seams for the body. I then want to add on some borders. Then maybe on Tuesday I can machine quilt it.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:14 AM

Would like to quilt but the yard is calling. Well yesterday my lawn mower quit so I went and got another. OH, I could have bought much material but my grass needs cutting. It is nice again today so I will be outside not quilting!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea
They is a action not far from me on Sunday. the ladie quilted all her life who know what will bo there. Maybe I should leave to the check book at home{no way}.
Oh darn, I live on the west side of the state and DH is out of town, must not be my day to skip church. HE always knows whats best for me.