Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM

Nothing as exciting as you all. I'm just working on baby quilts right now. Then a few valentines quilts for lovebirds.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Now that Christmas is over, with all the stuff I made for gifts, I will be finishing the quilt for my bed. I got my UFO done before New Years and will post that pic as soon as I can get my sis to take a digital pic.
I also am determined to make a kaliedescope for my oldest (in time not age) friend. I just bought some frog fabric for a D9 patch. I also have the mystery quilt from my guild to work on and a block of the month through a quilt shop. Then there are as many charity quilts as I can get done.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Oh, Janet, from, Northern New England. That is such an awesome project. The love is just oozing. I can only imagine how warm that quilt will be. And I can only imagine how I would itch if I were wrapped in it. We have so little use for wool in our area. And wool is so beautiful. My mom loved wool skirts and she always bought one for me every winter. Itch, itch, itch.

Seriously, I can't wait to see the pics of that lovely quilt. :thumbup:
Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 PM

mpeters, I think it's a great idea to post our progress throughout the year. It's the UFO challenge that brought me closer to finishing my project. And along the way, I picked up little things and finished those too. The problem was I got side-tracked and picked up NEW projects to be done before Christmas. So, all in all, I'm pretty pleased with myself that I came so close to finishing my biggest thorn in my side (only two bindings left), finished two baby bibs, made and delivered a baby quilt, and made a Christmas quilt. (AND THE BEST PART IS THAT I GOT THE QUILT AT OUR CAJUN CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE !!) My point is that the postings kept me pretty much on track. I felt like someone was watching me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

LOL Gail! :lol: The wool is remnants from Pendelton wool clothing and throws, sold throught their outlet stores primarily for rug braiding, rug hooking, and quilting. I used to make A-line skirts (lined) out of it when I was in high school a hundred years ago. My mother braided rugs. It's less itchy than blanket wool. My cats already love it to death (guess it reminds them of their moms, too! :) ). I'm hoping the results are something like a 'not-so-crazy' quilt, but it has 528 patches so it will take a LONG time to embroider around all of them!! :shock:
Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Wow!!!! Sounds like everyone already has enough plans to last them most of 2009!!!

First on my list--I have not undecorated from Christmas yet!!! And boy is my husband going to be shocked when he comes home from work tonight and finds out that all that I did today was catch up with everyone on the board!!!

As far as quilting goes--I am going to finish the last two blocks of my URR and get it in the mail to be quilted. Then I am making my youngest son a queen sized quilt for his bed. I already have a patten and all the fabric collected. Just need to get started on it.

Then I have several UFOs that I would like to finish and several projects to start---alll for me :lol:
Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM

I am making something for myself for the first time. It's going to be a lap quilt/throw size to keep me warm on the sofa of an evening.

I have started off making some 6inch square pinwheel blocks using fabric left over from my Mom's quilt. I am going to take it slow, adding to it as ideas hit me, trying to use some of my stash and secret santa fabrics, rather than buying new fabric.

I will treat myself to some nice thick cosy batting. I am going to back it using the fabric from an Egyptian cotton ivory duvet cover that has a rip and a small stain so has been 'retired'.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM

I have just started to make my DH a quilt for our bed. I found the most beautiful batik fabrics in several shades of brown. Those are his favorites & I love them too. Then I have a graduation quilt to make for June. I am also starting to work on a Christmas themed quilt for the holidays. I am sure that I will find something else to do along the way!! :D This will all keep me very busy. Also I have collected my Valentine FQ's for the exchange coming up.

A quilt block that I am making for my DH out of batik squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24659[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24659.jpe  
Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 AM

Those browns are so beautiful! I think that is going to be one spectacular quilt! As a matter of fact, I think my dh would love those too. Will you just send them to me when you finish? :mrgreen:

I'm faithfully plugging along now. I finally got the tension correct on my machine and I ordered the plate to cover my feed dogs on my machine, I'm kind of anxious to see what this year I can accomplish. New Year, New Tricks! :wink:
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 AM

Sulabug, I just love the way you brought the darker tones together in your D9P. It really looks like a piece of marble. Gorgeous. :thumbup: