Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 PM

that is very pretty
Old 01-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

I am finishing my blue and white stars for the exchange. After that I want to start my sons black,white and red quilt. Can't wait.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Good luck with your move! We live in Maine also. Do you belong to any quild in our state?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:35 PM

I just went to the quilt shop today after 3 mos of not going :( . Not in my budget however I got the invite from my quilt shop for our next mystery quilt #6 in March so off I go to buy white fabric! Always a reason to buy fabric. My plan for 09 is to finish my ufo a little at a time. It costs for long arm quilting and i'm on a budget. I also have new patterns I want to try and old ones I'd like to renew!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM

I'm a Moda fan myself! Love their colors and prints.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM

I love your quilt you are working on. The colors and the patterned blocks are so pretty.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Well I have 4 UFO's downstairs to work on.
1) is my rotary basic quilt (my very first project) that is done except needs hand quilting this one has been sitting several years, because I was so excited when I finished the top that I went ahead and sandwiched it and bound it before I learned it needed to be quilted first.....lol so there it is

2) is a Stack-n-whack top that needs a couple repairs and the top will be finished

3) is a BOM that I started in a class several years ago and then something happened and the class got canceled before all my blocks were done, I wasn't confident enough then to try and finish them on my own, but now i think I can do it without a problem so that will be a major project this year.

4) Is a log cabin baby quilt I started a couple years ago after coming back from Kansas shop-hop. I have several blocks done but I'm very unhappy with them, so I will either take them apart and redo them or scrap these and start over. These are in 30 repros.

Those are my UFO's

I'm also doing the IRR on this board so that will be ongoing thru the year.
I'm planning to join SD on the Pioneer Sampler on this board as well.
Now I'm debating if I'm going to do that one alone or if I'm going to do a
URR as well. I've order fabrics for it,but not sure if there would be enough
for both.

I will be making cool-ties (sewing, not quilting) for our troops over seas.
anyone interested in this project can google cool-ties.

and I would like to become involved with Quilts of Valor. We have a local chapter, its just finding the time to join them to help make these quilts.
Probably not til summer when I don't work full-time +.
I have a suggestion for your first quilt that is bound, but not quilted. Consider tie tacking it with crochet thread or light weight yarn. It will keep your sandwich together and probably not bunch or shift as it would if you quilted it.

JMHO
Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

wow...if we added all the projects on everyone's list together, i bet they would reach the moon!
I'm proud of two things i have accomplished already:
1 - for the very first time in my history, I got christmas put away before new years day. One year it took me till march. (I have chronic health problems...that is my, ugh, true story and Im sticking to it, lol)
2 - while I was cleaning up christmas, I reorganized my sewing room and put all my ufo's on shelves that are very accessible.
I will not list my ufo's bc there is no way in the world I could do them all this year, so I have made a deal with myself.
For the first two weeks of each month, I work on ufo's, if i am on a roll and want to keep going on whichever ufo, i will stay with it. If after two weeks of ufo's, I am sick of them, then I get to work on some of my fun stuff....(see, it's like this: all my ufo's start as fun stuff and if it takes too long, they become work...I absolutely applaud any one who can stay with one project at a time until it is finished before starting anything new...in fact, there should be a hall of fame for ppl that can do that!).
So, I make time for work, get to look forward to play, no promises of how much I finish for the year, just keep plugging on...and at the end of the year it would be nice if i have finished at least twelve things.
Sounds like a lot but remember, these are all things that are at least half done now. A few even more.
To Blahel and borntoquilt and anybody else that lost a dear one this past year, hugs to you. We lost hubby's mom and one of his brother's last year. If we had the time, energy, money etc. we would all make and give all kinds of things for those we love and they knew it/know it. You have that in your heart always.
Fabricluvr...thank you for the info about the cricut and the appliques. That is way awesome! wonder how much they cost?
Renee, your baby quilt is so pretty. Each one I saw was great. I never see anyone's pics and think I don't like that. I love them all.
Nor'easter, think you started this great post, ty, and mpeters...I think keeping this going and reporting progress we are making is a fantastic motivator for 09. I'm in. I could keep going, so many great posts, but don't want to be a hog, lol. well, gang, we got our motors running, let's not spin our tires, lol. C
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM

Woo! Hoo! I finished my first UFO of the new year. I finished my BF quilt I made for her wedding present. She will have it for her 3rd anniversary! I just sent it to the longarm quilter and then will post a pic in this thread.

Working now on Christmas Row Robin (have 3 of 6 blocks done) and DD's birthday quilt (due Jan. 31).

I think it's a great idea to keep this thread going for the whole year. What a great incentive to check on self (to keep on track) and keep up with quilty friends.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

Well, I spent a very cold day without power. First thing this morning, some logger not far from here cut a tree which fell on the power lines out in the middle of nowhere. Knocked out power to six towns! The linemen had to go in on logging equipment and make major repairs without their own trucks. :shock: That's gonna be one expensive pine tree!!

Anyway, once it got below 52º in my house (was about 17º outside), I wrapped myself up in that big ol' unbound wool quilt of my mom's that I told you about, snuggled down in a chair by the window with a book and two cats and played 'Little House in the Big Woods'. :lol: Power came back on about 5:30 as I was reading by oil lamp.

So, when I saw the light (couldn't resist saying that! :lol: ), I made a promise to Mom that I would sew the binding on that quilt tomorrow and get it on the bed, binding stitched and quilt tied, by the anniversary of the day she died, January 20th. It has gone to the top of the stack for keeping me warm in so many ways today. :oops: I'll post pics on the Pictures forum once it's done that far, but will post on this one that there are pics and link to that one (does that make sense? My brain is still cold. :wink: ). Don't want to get this thread moved for having too many photos.