Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
when do you decide to destash fabrics? >

when do you decide to destash fabrics?

when do you decide to destash fabrics?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM

Is that even a word?lol
Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM

I find myself getting bored sometimes with my stash but then I go buy more...but I can't bring myself to part with any. It seems to be a never ending cycle that can only be cured by sewing faster and making more stuff. =)
Old 10-18-2010, 03:29 PM

when i need more room I have my three girls (Daughter and two daughter n laws) come over and take a peek they can clean the place out in a hurry though so I do keep an eye on them I love fabric just looking at it makes me happy so destashing on my own would never happen
Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by kriscraft99
is it because you want more or because you are tired of them?
DE-STASH ?!?!?! Whats that ?!?!?!?

Nope, nope nope... cant do it.. Ill die by fabric avalanche first!!!!
That's what I was thinking too
Old 10-18-2010, 03:49 PM

Okay this calls for honesty. I have been thinking about detaching. I too don't know when or how. I have 1 26 ft family room full of boxes and bags I have long forgot what is in them. There is a lovely fireplace that I haven't seen in more than 8 years. Then there is a 12 by 14 room down stairs that fabric goes to the ceiling. There are 6 JoAnn wheeled stackable rolling bends, 5 shelves each in that room filled. Also there is a 8 ft box that holds 54 bolts or more within that room. I lost count of how many bolts I have within that box.

My girlfriends decided they wanted to make flannel jackets. So I agreed but they had to use my flannel. Mine is done as well as 2 friends we didn't make a dent in my flannel/
Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Never......I want them all!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 PM

i have not gotten to that point yet
Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 PM

When my DHs grndmother passed away, she had her pantry shelves filled with fabric and hanging racks in her sewing room full.DHs mother told me I could have it all. Talk about hog heaven! I proudly toted it all home only to discover that not much of it was 100% cotton and a lot of it wasnot to my taste at all. I gave away a lot to friends who sew garments. I still have some of it that I can use for quilt backs. When his mother passed she left 8 big double comforter zip bags full of silk. She made silk crazy quilts. My FIL told me that he hoped I was taking it home with me. My DH said no but we over ruled him. When my sis passed away she left her stash. Hers was mostly 100% cotton. My own stash is 100% cotton and the silk stash. I will never run out of fabric. but it doesn't stop me from buying more. I have had to make myself stay out of the fabric stores unless there is something that I really really need. Now I'm not saying that I haven't bought fabric lately, I have just bought less than I used to. I really think I have done pretty well about staying out of the stores cause I know I will find something that I just have to have. When I went to my class in Houston last weekend, There was fabric to buy and at very reasonable prices. I really restrained myself. I only bought $60 worth. I plan on putting mine to good use for chairity quilts tho. hugs, linda
Old 10-18-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
is it because you want more or because you are tired of them?
It never happens....
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by skothing
Okay this calls for honesty. I have been thinking about detaching. I too don't know when or how. I have 1 26 ft family room full of boxes and bags I have long forgot what is in them. There is a lovely fireplace that I haven't seen in more than 8 years. Then there is a 12 by 14 room down stairs that fabric goes to the ceiling. There are 6 JoAnn wheeled stackable rolling bends, 5 shelves each in that room filled. Also there is a 8 ft box that holds 54 bolts or more within that room. I lost count of how many bolts I have within that box.

My girlfriends decided they wanted to make flannel jackets. So I agreed but they had to use my flannel. Mine is done as well as 2 friends we didn't make a dent in my flannel/
I'M shopping at your house!!!!!