Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • This is where we talk about anything related to quilting. >
  • This is where we talk about anything related to quilting.

• This is where we talk about anything related to quilting.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM

well like someone said, it is a BIG job and as busy as we stay a lot gets past us so when you see something out of place, please let one of us know so we can try to put it where it belongs
    thanks
    Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM

My pet peeve is also things in the wrong place. But even worse is when the title line isn't read and you still get PM messages.

The moderators are awesome! I don't know how they do it, but they sure do! Kudos!
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Who cares?!
    This board is so wonderful compared to some on the internet that this issue is too small to fret over!

Jan in VA
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:02 AM

I don't mind too much if things are posted not quilt related. If te title doesn't interest you don't open it. simple
    David
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
    I don't mind too much if things are posted not quilt related. If te title doesn't interest you don't open it. simple
    David
    Ditto!
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM

[quote=Jan in VA]Who cares?!
    This board is so wonderful compared to some on the internet that this issue is too small to fret over!

I agree - have learned soooo much in the short time I've been on board.
    My only suggestion - moderators remind everyone to give an idea of what your post concerns in the header - not jusy "Oh, LOOK!", or "Guess what?" helps me/us choose which posts to read. Thanks.
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 AM

[quote=montanajan]
    Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Who cares?!

I agree - have learned soooo much in the short time I've been on board.
    My only suggestion - moderators remind everyone to give an idea of what your post concerns in the header - not jusy "Oh, LOOK!", or "Guess what?" helps me/us choose which posts to read. Thanks.

Well IMHO, think how confusing it would be if everything was just posted under one category....many wonderful things would get missed because not everyone has the time to wade through pages and pages of stuff to find areas of interest to them. Sometimes something that seems like it's "no big deal" to some isn't to others. That is understandable but Admin/Mods went to a great deal of time and effort to create the various sections so it would be convenient to all board members and they are contantly working on improvements for everyone's benefit. Being familar with the way the board works is a win/win for everyone.
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 AM
    Power Poster

David
    This works as long as they give it a meaningful title, instead of "help" "i have a question" or "look what I found". Even then, when I open a post to find I'm not interested, it just takes a second to close it. Bugs me, but not enough to stop visiting!!! Everyone here is so polite. I guess I've spent too much time on techie boards where if you asked a question before doing a search they would, well, say something not polite ;-)
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    David
    This works as long as they give it a meaningful title, instead of "help" "i have a question" or "look what I found". Even then, when I open a post to find I'm not interested, it just takes a second to close it. Bugs me, but not enough to stop visiting!!! Everyone here is so polite. I guess I've spent too much time on techie boards where if you asked a question before doing a search they would, well, say something not polite ;-)
    Boy, isn't that the truth LOL Even if you DO search sometimes they kick you in the head!

Is there posting etiquette somewhere? I thought so but maybe we could use a refresher, and if not maybe it would be a nice idea?
    Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM

Thank you "quiltmaker" for helping to explain my posting. Some of us have limited time & must choose what sections to take a quick glance at & with some of the topic titles, it's difficult to guess at the topic. If I have time, I may get to the chit, chat section where topic titles & subjects are as important.