Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • This is where we talk about anything related to quilting. >
  • This is where we talk about anything related to quilting.

• This is where we talk about anything related to quilting.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 PM

IMHO - When we post "many people", it seems to make us all feel so self consious of where we post so we try harder. "Many people" on this large board should mean hundreds, and this is not the case. We have to remember, these numbers are small compared to membership here. When I am reading the board, I am enjoying what I read and not concentrating on who posted what where and if it belongs . Not my expertise nor is it my job. Thank you moderators for doing this for us. This is a wonderful, sharing board . We wont' find another one like it anywhere.
    Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

I know I should help the mods by 'reporting' this when I see it but I feel like I'd be whingeing and maybe it doesn't bother anyone else so I sigh and click away... I do appreciate all your hard work Patrice and everyone, don't say it often enough. It doesn't bother me THAT much - I was just responding to the question of the original poster... regarding the title thing - it's not always obvious from that what the thread's content will be... :D
    Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by donnajean
    The topic section "Main" has the heading "This is where we talk about anything related to quilting." I keep reading topics that I don't see any connection to quilting but they are posted in the "Main" category. Is this o.k. or not an issue to be supervised? I would think the chit,chat, etc. would be the category to use for jokes, weather, what I'm doing today, etc. topics.
    So how loosely can the topic be related to quilting? I'm getting kinda tired of seeing/hearing about messing quilting rooms.
    Old 02-22-2011, 02:30 PM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    So how loosely can the topic be related to quilting? I'm getting kinda tired of seeing/hearing about messing quilting rooms.
    that's a bit unkind. i'm sure that wasn't your intent.

while others may not agree, i personally believe that workroom organization does relate to quilting.

when members are brave enough to show us the "befores" many of us (and i dooooo mean hundreds) can relate. we're interested in the suggestions made by those who manage to get and keep their spaces together. we're encouraged when we see the progress our fellow not-neatniks make, and we sometimes read something that helps us in our own spaces.

let's put this whole topic to rest now before the mean spirits take over.

truth: there are proper places for most things.
    truth: sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where the proper place is.
    truth: when the proper place is obvious, members should use it.
    truth: when you aren't sure, make your best guess or ask a moderator. we can help you decide, or move it if you guessed wrong.

truth: we love you to pieces.

back to the fun. ;-)