Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ? >

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

My Living room and kitchen are usually OK, however, the rest of the house usually looks like it was turned upside down, shaken, then righted, with fabric in every room. We have a big party every year, so I clean for that. It takes 2 weeks to straighten.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

I like a clutter free, clean under the fridge type home. It's easy to clean a clean house. Now my sewing room is never like that. I cannot keep it organized or non messy at all.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by WandaVA View Post
Before I became addicted to quilting, my house was always immaculate! Now, it gets a lick and a promise (spring and fall cleaning are more thorough). I decided that, when I am gone, no one will remember the clean house...but people will (hopefully) cherish the quilts I have made for them.
Sounds like me.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:25 AM

Funny how we all have our own styles. I can't relax in my sewing room until the housework is done. However, because my children are grown and out of the house, it takes little to no time to pick up every night before bed or in the morning. When the grandchildren are here, I have to have all the toys picked up before I go to bed. I know I'm anal, but it works for me. I'm not critical of those who can relax when things aren't done. If anything....I'm jealous!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I like a clutter free, clean under the fridge type home. It's easy to clean a clean house. Now my sewing room is never like that. I cannot keep it organized or non messy at all.
It gets dirty under the fridge???
Old 06-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
It gets dirty under the fridge???

Have you not removed and cleaned the grid of the fridge before? It get's filthy under there. And uses more power if coated in layers of dust. The intake draws in dust under the fridge and inside on the compressor. DH moves the fridge and freezer away from the wall about every six weeks using moving sliders. It's effortless.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:57 AM

Quilting is way more fun than housework. My sewing room also looks like a hurricane went through. As for vacuuming, I'm still recovering from knee surgery, at least that's my excuse for now.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Have you not removed and cleaned the grid of the fridge before? It get's filthy under there. And uses more power if coated in layers of dust. The intake draws in dust under the fridge and inside on the compressor. DH moves the fridge and freezer away from the wall about every six weeks using moving sliders. It's effortless.
I need some sliders!!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 AM

Interesting topic !!

A burner on my stove messed up, it is arcing the contacts. So hubby said to order a new part and he will replace it.
I so love having a handy husband around....
Anyways I went about looking for the model number. And discovered to my horror..........a few dust bunnies near the hinge of the oven door!! Who knew these mean creatures loved extreme heat...LOL
No worries though......My house is getting it's semi yearly total clean out. Everything out of the cabinets, closets, cupboards, drawers all get cleaned. My husband does the high work like the shelf that runs the length of the house gets vacuumed , scrubbed and all the items up there get dusted. He also changes the filter to the C/A every 6 weeks due to my allergies. And carpeting gets shampoo'd too during this frenzy..........LOL

I should mention this whole cleaning spree takes about 3 days to complete.

Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 06-25-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 AM

Oh I can so relate! I have the upstairs all to myself as DH can no longer climb the stairs. Every so often I HAVE to vacuum and straighten, fold the laundry. The downstairs is always reasonably clean. And I do clean the fridge grid every so often for the reason BellaBoo mentioned. With three always shedding dogs and a shedding cat you would be amazed what coats the dark underside and innards of a refrigerator. I have decided that housework is necessary work and creativity can be messy business. I'd rather be creating than cleaning.

But I always make the bed in the morning. Once the bed is made it looks as if I have really done something besides sew.

Last edited by Caroline S; 06-25-2013 at 06:06 AM.