Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why do you like your machine >

Why do you like your machine

Why do you like your machine

Old 04-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I love my Bernina 1230 and would buy it again. What I like about it -- always reliable and ready to sew, no tension problems ever, "hums" softly while it works, has needle/down, easy to adjust stitch length and stitch width, etc.

There are some additional features I'd like, such as auto-cutting of thread, a better memory, default to the last setting I put on the machine (rather than the preset factory setting), but I can live without all of those things as long as my baby remains so responsive to my every whim.......

I particularly like the sound of my machine. It's soothing!
Amen!!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by grammysharon
I have a Bernina 830 that I bought over a year ago and am still struggling with the learning curve on this machine. It does not like to quilt with metallic or monofilament thread and I use both these in my FMQing. I paid big money for this machine and am so mad @ myself. The store I purchased in from does continue to help me and Bernina has come out with a kit to make these threads work. I tried it a few days ago and the thread does not break as often but you have to go so slow. When I get frustrated I get out my old Bernina 1530 to FMQ but it does not have the long arm that the 830 has. Thanks for letting me vent.
Originally Posted by JCL in FL
I have a Viking machine and I paid a lot for it and I don't like it. What machine do you have and why do you like it? Would you buy it again?
:oops:
I was told when I bought my 830 that for metalic threads they recommend titanium?? needles...they come in sharp and ball...I think they said the eye was larger for the thicker thread
You might ask your dealer...they are expensive...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Funny I see everyone on here talking about their machines, they are all the newer models. I have my Mother's old Singer 401A and wouldn't give it up for the world. I goes through anything,,,,a real work horse
Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 PM

I love my Brother Quatro..user friendly, does just about everything , even sews by itself perfect seams with the built in camera..Just love it!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:09 PM

I have a Viking machine and I paid a lot for it and I don't like it. What machine do you have and why do you like it? Would you buy it again?
I had a viking that I purchased in1973, top of the line then and I loved it. Would sew leather several layers of denim etc. It had a transmission in it so you could put it in lower gear. I would buy a Viking in a heartbeat if finances permitted. Mine finally wore out but I still have it, like one of the family.I have a garage sale Kenmore, nothing like a Viking.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 PM

You do mean machineS, right?? I have a Janome 2010 and I more than like it, but don't love it. LOL! Sews good, has 50 stitches plus button holes, but...
I have a FW that I LOVE, I have a Davis Treadle that I LOVE, I have a 15-91 that I LOVE and a few others that I like a lot!
What I like about all of them is that they purr just a little differently. Wish I could hear them all together at one time. LOL!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 PM

15 years ago I purchased a new Janome for $700 when the local dealer went out of business. Big mistake...nothing but problems with that machine and the company just kept telling me to keep taking it back to the nearest dealer (60 miles one way) for repairs. It was a year old when I sold it at a garage sale, very cheap. I was then given a 10yr old Viking 500 and loved it until the mother board went. Now I have a new Viking Sapphire 855 and I love it, especially the 10" throat. The best machine I have ever owned was a Riccar. I also have a fantastic 40+ year old Elna that I love.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM

I have a new Janome with the embroidery machine, sewing machine and it runs like a top. I can even figure out how to embroider and it is sooo easy to work. I even seems to do fmq without any problems with the tension.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 PM

Which Viking do you have and what don't you like about it?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:09 PM

I love most of my machines... however my Pfaff 2040 has a bad habit of changing stitches if I happen to lightly touch the buttons, can't tell you how many needles I've broken when I'm using the 1/4" foot. grrrrrr :roll: :thumbdown: