Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why do you like your machine >

Why do you like your machine

Why do you like your machine

Old 04-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I have a Viking SE that I do all my sewing, quilting and embroidery on at home. At the lake I have my old Montgomery Wards machine that has been a work-horse for 30 years. I would like to get another good work-horse machine at home so I don't have to continue converting from sewing/quilting to embroidery! I would like to have both machines running at the same time! I also have an Elna serger.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jammin' Jane
I have a Viking SE that I do all my sewing, quilting and embroidery on at home. At the lake I have my old Montgomery Wards machine that has been a work-horse for 30 years. I would like to get another good work-horse machine at home so I don't have to continue converting from sewing/quilting to embroidery! I would like to have both machines running at the same time! I also have an Elna serger.
I used to work for Husqvarna Viking and loved working with the SE, great machine. Since I had to learn to use all the machines in the store, I had a couple of favorites.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Lot of love for the Pfaff 7570, 7550, 7530, and 7510 in this thread. I have and love a 7510, which I bought used. The IDT and stitch quality are phenomenal. I wish I were using it to it's full potential, but I know I'm not. I only have a photocopy of the 7530 manual, and often can't figure things out. But I don't understand my husband either, and I still love him.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM

I have a Janome 6600 and I love it for all the same reasons. It is smarter than me most of the time.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I have a Janome 6500 now for the last 7 plus yrs. I like it because it has no tension problems, needle up or down option, knee lifter (lifts the foot by pushing my right knee), automatic thread cutter (push the button and it cuts it), larger throat opening, for the features more afordable and more quilting smart then many other nice machines. I would not buy a machine that does not have the needle up or down position option or does not have an automatic thread cutter. I would buy it again and feel no need to get the 6600 or the newest Horizon as I am very happy with the 6500. There are several more people that feel the same way including a LA quilter who uses the Janome 6500 along with her Gammil for quilting jobs. Some things that come to my mind are dependable and a pleasure to work on. We own 4 Janomes. I looked at buying a used Janome 6500 for my DD but cost prevented me from it. She works on my 3/4 travel machine Janome Gem, which is a wonderful little work horse too.

I have a friend that has a Viking and she did not like it so she bought a Janome Gem Gold and quilts on that. The machine she bought is a small travel machine but she likes it and does all her quilting on it.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 AM

I have the Pfaff Expressions 4.0 and I love it. It has the larger opening, the built in walking foot. needle down and partial lift of foot so you can insert next piece of fabric, knee lift, extra large, clear surround work area. about 220 stitches. I can machine quilt on it if I want. some embroidery stitches but not the real fancy ones. I don't do embroidery anyway. I love Pfaff machines.This is my 4th one. :lol: Jan
Old 04-16-2011, 08:25 AM

I have a Singer 7470 that I take to class and a Singer Quantum L-500; both have needle up/down; the stitch quality is wonderful; both have a large selection of decorative stitches and great lighting; the L-500 has a knee lift and extra large throat plate; I was looking for something affordable with the options I have and am happy with both; I would definately purchase both again.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:01 AM

I have 2 brother one is innovis 4000 D and one is about 10 years old would buy again anytime never had problems just take them for a check up once in a while
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 AM

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO ONLINE PFAFFUSA AND DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE MANUAL.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 AM

NJ I am with you I love the Viking's. I have had othere machines and was never satisfied till I got my first Viking and never have looked at any othere brand peorid. The next best I had was the Elna Air Electronic, and I still have my old 30 yr old Necchi Logica.
I do most sewing on my Designer #1+. I still have my #1and a couple more. I love the Vikings that we do not need the what ever the feed system is on a Phaff for we can adjust the top and bottom tennsion on the Vikins so do not need it. There is just one thing that will come along is stitch regulator... So far I have lived without... so can you tell I love my Vikings, have had 7 and still have 4 of them....

NJ Quilter]I'm really sorry to hear you don't like your Viking. I have a Viking Platinum that I just love. It's got all the bells and whistle's that I wanted for the type sewing I do (and many more that I'll probably never use). It's purrs like a kitten, has yet to be in the shop and doesn't complain about anything that I've yet asked it to do. I also have a FW for classes and just for grins. I have a Singer 66 that I may get rid of...not sure if it fits in the restored table/case that was my g'grandmother's. Hopefully will get that question answered this weekend when everything is put back together. Then I'll be looking for another vintage singer for that piece. Wish I had room to keep them all but that's just not so. I recently got rid of my old White school machine after 25 yrs. Just no room but worked great. It's new owner is a happy camper.[/quote]
Old 04-17-2011, 02:07 AM

JCL,
Sorry you do not like your machine.
What machine do you have and what is it you do not like about it? Is it something big or just a little thing?
Beside that problem do you like the other things it does?
I have had 7 Vikings and loved everyone of them. I still have 4. Since I went to Viking I haven't ever looked at another brand.
If I can help trouble shoot your problem please let me know.
ConnieF