Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Why does it cost so much to repair a sewing machine?

My husband took four hours just to put up six curtain brackets. First, he had to find a stud then he decided he needed his drill. Then, wanted me to tell him he was holding the drill straight. I will never ask him to do anything around the house again. I wish I had a husband who could fix things. You are so lucky if your husband can fix things.

Thank you so much for that information about the group who fix sewing machines!

"Oh and Doug I am thinking if you cloned me we would be in for a world of trouble. This planet can only handle one of me....
    Billy"

LOL Billy! It would be kinda funny to see a bunch of you in every state waving your "permits" around yelling "... and I'm not afraid to use it!" I'm getting a visual and chuckling. You can all march on Washington together for a cause, LOL. Now we're talking trouble. He He He. I know the feeling tho. I can't imagine this world with another one of me in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Well you can do what everyone else does, and mail them to me! I am sitting here in my Sunroom and I am looking at 4 boxes with machines in each one of them waiting for me to take them out and play with them.

That was just yesterdays mail....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All but one are repaints so I dont know if they really count.

I try to go out of my way and give the service that I would expect. I can not stand for anything to be done halfway, and if I do it I want it done right. If there are any parts involved I always let the people know and give them options. I do not rob from one machine to put on the next like 3/4's of the places do, and I have one heck of a stock pile of new parts for the vintage machines!

Oh and Doug I am thinking if you cloned me we would be in for a world of trouble. This planet can only handle one of me....

Billy
    Go look at the newest issue of Quilter's Home!! There's a candy apple red featherweight on the cover! Pretty, pretty!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Go look at the newest issue of Quilter's Home!! There's a candy apple red featherweight on the cover! Pretty, pretty!
    I can tell you one thing they spent some money on the paint on the FW.

I checked with House of Kolor on some Candy paint to shoot a Featherweight with yesterday and just the materials to paint the machine were going to set me back $275. I went ahead and ordered the Candy Purple for the bike I sold and it was just a tad over $1100. And all I am painting is the gas tank, oil tank and a rear fender.

Billy

Now I know you Ladies are smart,intellegent and know how how to figure complex quilting.That said,Iknow you can
    learn to fix your own trusty machines!Ihave a link for you.

http://sewmachinerepair.com/repairbiz.htm

Problem solved!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill
    Now I know you Ladies are smart,intellegent and know how how to figure complex quilting.That said,Iknow you can
    learn to fix your own trusty machines!Ihave a link for you.

http://sewmachinerepair.com/repairbiz.htm

Problem solved!
    :lol: :lol: The only thing is that this book is so generic that it will not help you on the major repairs. You need factory service manuals and the right tools and before you even try to repair a newer machine and you better have some good diagnostic equipment.

All you need to do is start tearing into a $3000 machine trying to fix it and turn it into a $3 machine because you went into the repair half cocked.

I might venture to the newer machines Lord knows that I have been asked by several folks including lots of out members if I can repair and service their new machines. I can build my own computers and I can fix sewing machines so it makes sense that I can play with the new ones too.

But I will have to buy the diagnostic software and more meters and so forth. But for now I am enjoying the Vintage machines and I have tons of them to work on.

Billy

Good Luck!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4