Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned! >

Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned!

Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned!

Old 10-29-2015, 05:08 PM

That's awesome. I hope you enjoy. It's lovely to receive a surprise smile in the mail.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:13 PM

I thought to add, even though my requests come from my local community and personal contacts, my quilts have ended up spread far and wide.
I know I have 2 in different areas of Africa; 1 in England; 1 in Japan; a few in Canada and many all over the US. I have also sent quilts to Afghanistan and other war areas.

The youngest I have made one for is an 8 month baby girl with a brain cancer. Blessedly she is still with us at this point.

The oldest an 86 yr. old veteran who had been very hale and hearty and then suddenly became fragile due to health issues. He had a hard time adjusting. I made him my first "outdoor fabric" quilt. Soon after, I made his son a comfort quilt due to bone cancer. The next year, I made his widow a memory quilt, and the comfort quilt went to his other son.
The son survives as an amputee, but hopefully will remain cancer free.

Last edited by wildyard; 10-29-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 PM

What a blessing you have received from a board member to help you continue your selflessness gifts of quilts for the needy and broken hearted people in the world. God Bless you and your secret fabric friend!
Jeri
Old 10-30-2015, 11:34 AM

Wow! Such kindness and generosity from both you and your benefactor! I must say, quilters are the best!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story with us. I think we feel blessed just hearing about how blessed you are.

I also have had some really caring people on here share with me.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:07 PM

This is such a warm and wonderful place to be. By far the nicest and most generous people of any group I belong to. I am so very grateful to be part of it.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:47 AM

How nice to be honored in such a way. You both must be wonderful people.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:00 PM

Wildyard - What selfless acts of kindness and generosity--an average of 2 quilts a month for 5 years to mend broken hearts of people in need. How God-like and selfless. The giving person who shared her/his fabrics and tools shares the blessing also in your generosity and gifts. How blessed you are to have such a heart!
Old 11-01-2015, 12:06 PM

This is becoming a very humbling experience for me, as so many praise both my benefactor of fabric and my quilting mission. I never looked at what I do as all that special, just my own little bit in my own little corner.

It wasn't until I started telling about everything that I realized just how much I have done and how far I have reached.

I started quilting after I became disabled and could no longer work as a nurse. Having always been someone who gave to others, I was lost at first when I had no purpose in life.
Learning to quilt for others was my salvation as I found a new purpose and direction.

So you see, I am not selfless, I get as much, or more from my quilting mission as others do.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

What a fantastic bundle of fabrics and cutters.....intrigued by the one with ducks. Anyway, like all I am looking forward to seeing your next project incorporating this amazing bundle. You embody the spirit of quilting.....now get busy....and show us your next project. Love, light and peace and of course happy quilting from the land of Aus. x