Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned! >

Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned!

Wonderful gift from board member, I am stunned!

Old 10-29-2015, 05:43 AM

Ditto to all prior comments! First cup of Java and the Board starts my day also!!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:43 AM

I tell everyone that quilters are the most generous people around. What a wonderful gift you received from the QB member, she definitely is a lovely person. I belong to several online groups, several of them are on Facebook, but when someone asks if anyone knows of an online group where they can learn, ask questions, get advice, etc. I always recommend the Quilting Board. Since joining in July of 2014, I have expanded my quilting ability. I try new techniques and definitely have improved in overall piecing. As Gaby says, LOVE this Board!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

That is so kind of your new quilt board friend. You must be a special person. What a wonderful goodies. Enjoy! What comfort quilts do you make?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:42 AM

It's so easy to become a bit cynical about the condition of our world. How thrilling to see that kindness given without expectation of return still exists! May God bless that lovely board member! I'm glad you shared this. It encourages all of us to find ways to be a blessing, no matter what our means are, little or great.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:23 AM

What a breath of fresh air! It is so inspiring to hear happy stories like this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
That is so kind of your new quilt board friend. You must be a special person. What a wonderful goodies. Enjoy! What comfort quilts do you make?
My quilting purpose is to make comfort quilts for those having chemo, dialysis and for military. I don't belong to any groups, I just do it here in my local community. I also have started making memory quilts for the family of military persons when they pass. These are special causes to me due to my own family experiences. I have made over 120 quilts since I started in 2010 and have kept only the one I made for my DH and a few for my family members. My first comfort quilt was made for my sister as she battled cancer, and when I saw how it affected her I was hooked on making them from then on.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

What size do you make them?

120 quilts? WOW WOW WOW!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:38 AM

I love this board. It helps me with the little things such as short cuts on different sewing items. I think this person is very nice to have sent you these gifts. This board is wonderful.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Wow ..how wonderful , blessed be the donor !!

Too bad many people in this world aren't like that and that caring, giving and sincere.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
What size do you make them?

120 quilts? WOW WOW WOW!
I make most of them throw size, but there have been some exceptions. I made one t-shirt quilt that was CA King for a retiring Highway Patrolman, I figured he was deserving after doing both military and civilian service to his country. He sure had collected a lot of shirts over the years.

Another exception was a t-shirt full size quilt I made for Bill Knowlton, Bluegrass radio emcee and host of a weekly PBS program for well over 30 years. He has told me that quilt will be in the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame upon his demise. Right now he uses it as the backdrop for shows and public appearances. I didn't know when I made it where it was destined to appear. I was only hoping to help and elderly man save his memories.
The fact is, I get so much more back then I ever dreamed when I started making comfort quilts.
I am often asked, "Can I pay you to make one for my _____ (fill in the person)." My answer is always a firm, "NO! I will make one for them. You just cannot pay me to do it." I always get a warm heart from the surprise on their faces when they hear the rest after my solid No.