Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you have said something????????? >

Would you have said something?????????

Would you have said something?????????

Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 AM

I definitely would have said something.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I can't help myself.. but I aways find myself stepping in if I think it would be helpful. Sometimes I get in trouble because I didn't hear the start, but I always seem to find myself doing it...
:? This is me too, and I would hope someone would do the same for me or anyone I cared about too. I've come home with some incorrect items because I didn't ask. Two heads are better than one, sometimes it takes three ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Yes, I would have said something and I would have also talked to the manager about staffing that area.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 PM

Do not expect fabric cutters to be sewing literate. Most of these make a low wage and do not know anything about sewing. Usually there is one knowlegeable person in the store.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM

I would have suggested it was not enough and explained why.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Being someone that would be getting the wrong amount of fabric, I would love to have someone speak up! :)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM

I think I would have asked if that included the casing and hem. I tend to offer my opinion when I see someone who is not getting what they need from a salesperson. It has always been well received. I have gotten a considerable amount of free fabric from Hobby Lobby employees who don't know how to look up decimals or figure them on the calculator, so they round down....2 1/2 yds. and I'm charged for 2 yds. If they won't train their employess, it's their problem. I've tried to show employees how to do it and they choose not to, so I get free fabric in the meantime....Don't beat yourself up about not saying anything though. The employee might have been offended...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 PM

I would have spoken up if I knew that wouldn't work but sometimes when you do some people don't appreciate it. But there is one thing that I certainly would do is to call the store and speak to the manager and let her know how you feel about someone working there who doesn't really know about how to figure the measurements and allowances needed. Maybe she could teach her some new things that she needs to know without losing her job.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM

My big mouth gets me into trouble so much, but I think I would have said something. That's just my nature.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM

I would have said something because I would want someone to step in and help me!!!!!!