Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you have said something????????? >

Would you have said something?????????

Would you have said something?????????

Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM

I would have ask the girl if she had made curtains before if no then I would have told her about the hem etc.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 PM

this happened to me also at HL i GUESS iM JUST NOSY BUT i DID CORRECT HER AND THE BUYER WAS HAPPY
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Oh gosh, whether you said something to the customer or not, I am so glad you posted it here. WHY did I assume all the employees at Joanns, etc. had experience? I would have been hesitant to say something not wanting to tread on the employees expertise, assuming she had some. By the time I realized my error it probably would have been too late. Thank you for posting, Im a newbie and could easily have been that customer.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM

I would have spoken up too...I am just talkative *L* crafty_linda_b
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by nea
I may have said something such as "Oh, what color or kind of ruffle are you adding?" The purchaser's answer would have clued me in and then I might have replied that I once had to scrounge for matching fabric when I was in a hurry and forgot to add extra inches for shrinkage , hems, etc.
Also, most retail stores hire at minimum wage. It's about the bottom line. They just need a body in the department. Well-trained folks won't work for those wages. One thought, at least the guy from automotive or sporting goods is not sent to the fabric table to cut your fabric! No need to mention that retailer's name! I refuse to buy if they won't let me cut my own when that happens.
ROFLOL ROFLOL... sorry hun, but when I drive 1 1/2 hours away to the WM to the SE of me, 1/2 the time it is the 300 lb automotive guy that comes and cuts, has a smile on his face, and knows what he's doing cutting. Anything else you want to know he says, "sorry, this is as good as it gets for me." This past week when I went for matching orange fabric for a hanging I am doing, I expected him to show up, but he was on break and a lady from electronics was helping me. When I commented in a positive way that she knew how to use scissors properly, she said to thank her - get this - elementary teacher for showing her how. You just never know how far your teachings will reach or for how long.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by tinliz
Knowing my big mouth and want to be helpful nature, I probably would have said something. :)
Me too.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM

I emailed the corporate offices of Hancock's one time to share with them how rude the manager of their store had treated another customer. Would you believe, they gave her my name and phone number and had her call me??? Guess who avoids Hancock's like the plague now??? SO...I emailed them back and told them what they did was just as unprofessional as how the manager treated that customer. I could not believe they gave her my name and phone number!!! When she called, she told me I had misunderstood and she was busy with one customer and would have helped him eventually and she was sorry I got so upset about it! Geez!!! How stupid do I look lady???
Old 09-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Don't feel bad... but, I'd of said something. I had a business forever and I can't get over the "help" these days. It drives me batty! Anywhere!~ I had a neighbor who said to me... about something going on at my shop while I was away on wkds with employees there.... I said , why didn't you tell me?!?! She says, Oh,,,, it's none of my business, I didn't want to say anything. I wish she WOULD have!~
SO, now I ALWAYS speak up in EVERY situation about EVERYTHING!~ I dont' care what other people think. Besides, I"ll probably never see most of them again in my life anyways.
Hope this helps. lol
Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by bjlute
I would have ask the cutter/clerk if she sews ? then I would have ask for a manager...while waiting for manager I would have told the customer she was about to get ripped off....if not on purpose..still...when mang. showed up I would ..in a nice way have told him/her that the cutter was not trained well. If mang.did not like my opinion I would have handed them my cart with my avg.$ figure of $200.plus.and walked out with their new customer in hand on my way to Jo Ann fabrics..I am tired of people getting paid to do a job with the ability to sweep floors..come on people...with the price of gas..she may have had to drive ..as I do approx. 74 miles to get fabric...take care of others as you would yourself....wishing each of you a great day of sewing
Really? That's REALLY how you would have handled it?? Told her she was being ripped off? Dressed down the manager? Stomped out of the store? Because the cutter cut what was requested and didn't butt into the customer's business? Oh my!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 AM

I definately would have said something and have more than one time pointed out a similiar mistake.