Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you have said something????????? >

Would you have said something?????????

Would you have said something?????????

Old 09-05-2011, 12:19 PM

I would have spoken up because I would have appreciated someone speaking up if that had happened to me. It is very heartbreaking to find out when you get home that you did not get enough fabric for your project....and then go back to the store to find that there wasn't any more of that fabric left.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

I would asked if it was OK to ask her a question. That way you would have permission to but in.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:30 PM

If I was paying attention, I would have said something.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Don''t kick yourself. Obviously, the customer didn't know anything about making window coverings, either. No doubt, a big mistake here but both clerk and customer share the blame, not you.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Opinion...everyone has one and I always express mine whether asked for or not. I always engage in conversation with whoever is waiting in the cutting line. Guess that is how I get away with putting in my 2 cents worth. :D
Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 PM

I might have said something - maybe asked how deep the hem and/or how big the valance. But I say that from the comfort of my home with 'hindsight' so to speak.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM

I would have said something.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:33 PM

It's been my observation whether I'm in a quilting store, hobby store.. or anything that has artistic/crafty people in it...we often just randomly TALK to each other...LOL I got my grand son STUCK in a cart at JoAnn Fabrics once and it took 3 *kind* ladies helping me to get him out...*blushing*. In retrospect it was funny. Grammy got a C- on that one.

I would have posed my comment in question form...something like "Oh.. did you calculate in enough for hems and seam allowances?". As we who sew all know some of those lessons leave a lasting effect. She won't repeat that mistake twice once she runs short of fabric on a project.

When I started quilting I only bought FQ's... then.. I went up to half yards.. then yards... now.. I eyeball entire bolts if it's a fabric I am totally in love with! It's a sickness...lol
Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM

If I was paying attention, I probably would have said something. I know I've miscalculated before and I would have loved it if someone had pointed that out to me at the time!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 PM

Since it was not a actual fabric store. Rather a craft store that sells some fabric...I probably would have politely butted in. Some people would welcome that, others might not.
Don't feel guilty-it's hard to know when something is rude or actually might be truely appreciated.

Kat