Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? >

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket?

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket?

Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM

I usually pay $5. I get either 1 or six tickets for my $5. Doesn't matter either way for me. I guess my chances are better if fewer people bid. Don't know if you end up with more money if you charge more and fewer people bid. Let me know when you are ready to sell and I will buy.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM

I would most definitely pay $5 a ticket. Around here, when a quilt is up for a raffle, which to me is as valuable as the fine art, trips, pro ball tickets or autographed ball raffles, then $5 per ticket is usually minimum and most people will pay $10-20 for tickets total. Many pay much more. So your pricing is very reasonable.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Marketing is funny isn't ti? I would personally be less inclined to buy a ticket if more tickets are sold. Less of a chance for me and it looks like the cause is doing well.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If you have lots of crowd gathering places to sell at, the $5 tickets will garner more money for less tickets. The value is not there to sell $1 a ticket to make the most money in a short amount of time. You need five people to spend $1 vs. one person to spend $5. Less places you have to go to to sell and less money invested in the fundraiser quilt for a bigger return. One marketing trick to donations or sells, have a clear ticket stub container and have it look at least 3/4 full of sold ticket stubs or donations (use filler paper to make it appear full) That will stimulate buying or donating. Marketing tricks work or they wouldn't be used.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
I'd consider the $1 or $2 tickets but not the $5.
You could emphasize that 5 Tickets at $1 is 5 Chances to Win as opposed to one chance at $5.
My thinking, too.

I probably would not buy one raffle ticket for $5.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 PM

If you're holding this at your church maybe someone there has had a raffle in the past and can give you guidance on what has worked best for them. If you're selling to the public......$5 to support something which they know nothing of would probably be too high, where as to those in your church in might not be. If you have a cause people support they are more willing to pay a little extra just to help out. If they don't support it you would be lucky to even get a dollar from some especially in today's economy.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
For our quilt raffles, we get $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
This is normal here, but if you did $2 or 3 for $5, I would consider it.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Willa
If you're holding this at your church maybe someone there has had a raffle in the past and can give you guidance on what has worked best for them. If you're selling to the public......$5 to support something which they know nothing of would probably be too high, where as to those in your church in might not be. If you have a cause people support they are more willing to pay a little extra just to help out. If they don't support it you would be lucky to even get a dollar from some especially in today's economy.
I'm sometimes willing to "blow/donate" a dollar here and there to an organization that neither I nor any of my relatives (grandchildren) are associated with- but not $5.00
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
I'd consider the $1 or $2 tickets but not the $5.
You could emphasize that 5 Tickets at $1 is 5 Chances to Win as opposed to one chance at $5.
I was thinking the same thought.. 5 ticket (minimum) for $5, 12 tickets for $10, etc. I'd be happy to buy more cheaper chances (altho I guess the odds don't change, do they?)
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM

I would for the right cause. I do like the idea of 2/$5. You might make just as much money because more people might see that as a bargain.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
QKO

Around here the going rate seems to be 1 dollar each or 6 tix for 5 dollars.

Most people take the 6 for 5 dollars, but that pricing does allow someone with only a dollar or two to get in, and for you to increase your take from the raffle, I think. Previous posters have said that an "all or nothing" 5 dollar price would drive a lot of people away. I agree.