Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? >

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket?

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 AM

I think I would consider the cause rather than whether I liked the quilt or not, and would consider it a donation. Five dollars is a good price to ask.Of course, the area and the economy would be another consideration. I also like the idea of 1/$5 or 3/$10.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 AM

It depends on the reason for the fundraiser.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 AM

I think $5 would decrease the total number of tickets sold to the point where you wouldn't raise as much money as you would if you charged less per ticket.

For the same reason that lowering tax rates results in more tax revenue for the state ;-)
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 AM

I would say it depends on your area, the quilt, etc. If its tied, you'd be better off with the $1-6/$5. Quilted though,if people are in the know, would pay $5. I would think there would be a local business you or she deals with that would contribute smaller items. One other thing to think about, though...(I haven't read beyond the first page of comments so forgove me if its a repeat), true raffle tickets need to be licensed and there are a lot of rules. If whoever she's going with has a raffle license already they are good for a year, they may let you put that number on the tickets. Many people get away with raffles without having a license, but again, depending on where you are, I would be careful.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? I'm thinking we could do $5/each or 3 for $10. I know personally I would pay that much for a ticket on a quilt that I loved (and also for a cause that I supported), but don't want to set this price if it is a really bad idea.

Your thoughts?
The key words are "quilt that I loved". Truth is many people would like to help, but don't "really love it". Better to get people to buy cheaper tickets than have them walk away because they aren't wild about the same quilt design as you are. My vote is $3 for 1, $5 for 2.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 AM

I have seen quilts to die for and they were only $1 a ticket. I would only pay up to 3 for $5.00. I think each area has different prices.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 AM

I consider a raffle ticket a charitable donation. It comes with the hope of winning something but not expected. If I really liked the quilt I would purchase a ticket. Often I purchase if I support the cause as I don't expect to actually win anyway. Ann in TN
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 AM

I forgot to mention - with the second quilt that I made for the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer quilt, it was a sampler and a daughter bought the 5 for $20.00 and she won. But the best part was and what literally brought tears to my eyes was that it was for her mother who was undergoing chemotherapy for Breast Cancer. Advertising, having it on display for several weeks to give people a chance to see it, to look at it several times (mine was in a drug store - hanging in full view) and people will come back and even buy more (they did that, too). It isn't the winner of the quilt that is important, it is the money raised for the charity that is the most important and the most valuable to people that are helped by it. Edie
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 AM

I would lower that per ticket price. Is this raffle for your daughter's cost of trip only, or for the cost of the entire group? How many are going, what else is being raffled..I think all of that enters into the price of the raffle ticket.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 AM

Yes, I would spend $5.oo on a ticket. Hope you make lots of money. Barb