Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yesterday's Trip to the LQS >

Yesterday's Trip to the LQS

Yesterday's Trip to the LQS

Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by dallen4350
Originally Posted by AUQuilter
Would you please share the name of the shop with the QB members?
Tomorrow's Treasures Quilt Shop in Crystal River, Fl.
Oh great! That's only a few miles from Orlando and would be perfect for my group to take a day trip to visit. And we will tell them about your message. Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 AM

That was great, two happy people you and her,as she gets more bussiness from you as well.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:59 AM

All day yesterday I wanted to get to a LQS to get material for boarders and backing on a Summer in the Park quilt. One thing or another delayed me.
I got to a closer small LQS to find it was closed (for appointment) during normal hours. Not to be deterred, I continued to the next town to a larger LQS. I finally go there at 3:50pm.
I picked a couple of choices for the boarders, when the sales associate (owner?) come over and helped me to pick the boarder, backing and binding materials.
Since I was there, I mentioned that they had such a large selection I should get the material for my niece's quilt, which will be a Bargello.
She asked, "Now?". I found they close at 4 on Monday. I said that I could come back. She said, that as long as I was there (and it wasn't that close to my home), we could do it now. She closed the door and put up the closed sign, then patently helped me to pick twelve materials for the Bargello. It wasn't easy to pick materials with nice gradients, etc. But she was patient with me all the way.
Finally, we made the selections, she cut the material and I walked out of there just a few minutes before 5. She had stayed there almost an hour past closing to help me (and make a sale). She was probably wanted to get home, but she made me feel that I had all the time I needed.
I'll definitely go out of my way to give them my business in the future.
BTW, they have a program that after you buy so many yards of material, you get some for free. I ended up getting two of my pieces for free.
I'm so impressed!
I agree, just had a similar experience last night with a little restaurant, they sat us down, served us, etc., Only later did we realize that they should have closed down an hour before! We will go back!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 AM

Great customer service always keeps me coming back no matter what I am buying. More owners should be as friendly as the shop you were at. After all its a sale they make which is why they are there.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM

And THAT is exactly why I buy my fabric from my LQS. Not to mention the quality of the fabric is better. Try asking advice from someone in one of the large chain stores. Most of them not only do not sew or quilt, most of them don't like or understand it.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 AM

Where in Florida was this. what was the name of the shop. That's the kind of service you want. I would tell your friends to also go there....
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter
Would you please share the name of the shop with the QB members?
Tomorrow's Treasures Quilt Shop in Crystal River, Fl.
I have quilting Navy buddies quartered about 1.5 hours from there. I have forwarded this information to them :)
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM

A good reason (excellent service)to shop at your LQS
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

WOW did you pick a winner of a LQS, and I'm sure you will be a loyal customer, as well as spread the word about what she had done for you. The owner clearly understood what people go through picking fabric, as well as the time traveling to her shop, so she opted for good quality service. At times it's hard to find a shop that will go the extra mile to make a customer happy - after all happy customers mean repeat business and word of mouth increases her clientele.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
There is someone who understand the power of excellent customer service!!! Either that or she just wanted a mini vicarious experience...to know what someone was doing with fabric from her shop!!!
Excellent customer service! A carload of us quilters stopped at a quilt shop in Sergeant Bluff, IA during a shop hop a couple of years ago. It was 4:30, we all had fabric in hand to be cut, plus numerous patterns, notions, etc., and at 5:00 the owner told us they were closing and we were too late to have anything cut!!!! Reason given.........it had been a long week, and the help was tired! Guess how much money they lost with 5 of leaving the store empty handed. Needless to say, we aren't their best advertisement! None of us have been back since! THE POWER OF QUILTERS!