Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's? >

Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's?

Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's?

Old 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM

yes. i have a sandwiched lone star i am terrified to screw up and so it waits...

aileen
Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 AM

NO. I look at them as something to look forward to someday as most of the hard work is completed.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:34 AM

I've finished off one friends left over fabric twice now! in spite of having more than my share of UFO's! what is up with that? why can't I say no to fabric?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:44 AM

I am trying to finish my UFOs before starting more projects. The problem comes when I'd rather piece than quilt. I have one ready to quilt, one ready to baste, one that needs the back pieced, one ready to assemble, one that just needs embroidery, one that needs a baby name to applique onto it (waiting for the baby) and one that I'm still piecing- have about 15 blocks to piece. I'd like to get all of them to the basted stage, set up for FMQ and just go like the wind. I'd better get a move on!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:35 AM

I finished one yesterday..hurray,
Old 01-17-2014, 05:59 AM

Sometimes I feel guilty because of the cost of fabrics that went into these tops. All of the UFOs are quilts intended to keep. Some are of sentimental value. One is an Underground Railroad top that I did with a class. Another is a top Civil War sampler made with CW reproductions. Another is a tee shirt top made with shirts from vacations and charity walks. So I'd like to get them finished "some day." There is one "in progress" that is being hand quilted which has been "in the hoop" for years. I am soooo sorry that I began this project. It's a stack and whack and I couldn't figure out how to machine quilt it on the DSM. The fabrics were costly and of very good quality. So it's just gotta get done.....someday.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM

My one and only UFO is a problem because I used Heat and Bond to make the blocks and then tried to hand blanket stitch around the teapots and found that hand sewing through the heavy duty Heat and Bond is difficult and painful. I have one square left to do and then I need to figure out what to do with a quilt with very stiff blocks. Anybody need a wall quilt of funky teapots? lol!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Oh, yes! My UFO's keep jumping into my brain. Occasionally I get them out, try to reorganize and decide what to finish next. Then a family member wants me to sew or alter something, or our retirement facility begs for objects to sell. So, the UFO's are resting, (but shouting my name,) in plastic bins.

And, then, there is my stash! I keep trying to use it up, but I think it is having babies so I never reduce it very much!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Not too much guilt here because I don't think I have many. Key word "think"...lol but the reason why I am not sure because they are spread in a box or a closet somewhere where I can't see them so don't know about them

I do though from time to time dig to see what I have unfinished so I can play with something really quick and see the results of a beautiful quilt. Most of my UFOs would be quilting or finishing the binding (which I hate doing).
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM

I'm pretty good at ignoring their calling. I vowed to finally finish some of the UFO's this winter. Trying to accomplish something meaningful each week towards that end. Three weeks into January and I'm feeling proud of myself.