Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by gaigai
Y'all don't have to vote, I'll fess up. Those are mine, and I would prefer they were returned. I thought I was being so careful to cut everything 10 1/4 inches to avoid just that problem. I do apologize, to everyone. :oops: :oops:
please edit/delete this post as she is not the owner of the fabric.. Thanks..

Swap or return unswapped squares that are not exact..What would you like to do?? .. It will be the luck of the draw as I will not measure these sets or any other sets that are not exact ..

I need your input please via PM...
Old 11-30-2010, 05:19 PM

sorry....I was meaning to PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Y'all don't have to vote, I'll fess up. Those are mine, and I would prefer they were returned. I thought I was being so careful to cut everything 10 1/4 inches to avoid just that problem. I do apologize, to everyone. :oops: :oops:
please delete this post as she is not the owner of the fabric.. Thanks..

Swap or return unswapped squares that are not exact..What would you like to do?? .. It will be the luck of the draw as I will not measure these sets or any other sets that are not exact ..

Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

LMBO! Well, I guess we know which ONE pattern was a duplicate!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

LMBO! Well, I guess we know which ONE pattern was a duplicate!
Great minds think alike!!!! Beautiful fabric choice too!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM

PM'ed you to say that a block that's a smidge short isn't a problem for me. :)

(Gorgeous fabric! :mrgreen: I can't wait!!! :thumbup: )
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
PM'ed you to say that a block that's a smidge short isn't a problem for me. :)

(Gorgeous fabric! :mrgreen: I can't wait!!! :thumbup: )
The problem presented here is that If there is ONE set that is 'off' and we decide to swap it out I must give the same consideration to any and ALL other sets that are 'off'.. So there could be as many as 12 per set? everyone ok with that??

PM ME ONLY on what you would like to do- swap ALL the 'off' ones or returned them unswapped?

If they are returned you will get a duplicate of another as I will distribute by luck of the draw 'their' pile of would be swapped squares from the other 11 swappers of that group..
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Wow, mine were not that "festive"....hope you all wont be disappointed. And I cut mine bigger too....10 1/2, I think.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Wow, mine were not that "festive"....hope you all wont be disappointed. And I cut mine bigger too....10 1/2, I think.
Mine aren't all that fetive either but boy howdy they sure are pretty just like YOURS are too I'm sure!! Put it like this, if you didn't like the print and think it was pretty you wouldn't had gotten it in the first place...So...you're still a winner!! :thumbup: I'll be glad to get one of yours!!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Mine aren't all that fetive either but boy howdy they sure are pretty just like YOURS are too I'm sure!! Put it like this, if you didn't like the print and think it was pretty you wouldn't had gotten it in the first place...So...you're still a winner!! :thumbup: I'll be glad to get one of yours!!
Thanks Momma K....that is very nice of you to say....and you are right, I really liked the ones that I picked out...lol I dont think anyone could pick fabric out because they "didn't " like it....that is just fundementally WRONG....lol I would be happy to get some of your squares too! Ooooohhhhh I am excited!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Hello Everyone!!

Hope everybody had a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends..

I finally got all the sets swapped, think there were 98 sets to be exact, might of been 100 with my addt'l two added in the end.. I was pressed for time as my lil one was sick and tending to her had to come first, so Im sorry to say I was not able to get in your lil 'thank you' note and applique so let me thank you all here..

Thank you for your generous gifts- stationary, note pads, Batik fabric, charms, FQ, blocks, gas money, tape, $ to buy packing tape for next swap and even Boxtops for education for my lil ones school!!!!. It is all greatly appreciated more than I can ever tell you all..

Id like to thank those of you who followed the rules to the T, and those that made this swap easier on me by making their squares larger for 'just in case'..It was less time consuming as I didn't have to go and measure each of the squares to make sure they were the min of 10 inches.. For that I applaud you.. :thumbup:

Again thanks soooo much everybody for joining this lil swap of mine.. This was alot of fun. I enjoyed seeing and petting all the beautiful Batik fabrics everyone had sent in. I hope I have done well by you all and you enjoy what you will be receiving in the next few days. Hope to see you again in my next swap -Jan 2011.. (mhmmmm 1930's maybe? Black/white/brites? )

Please, if you all would be so kind as to post here on the thread when they have been rec'd..Id like to make sure everyone receives their packages.. I mailed more than half of the packages today( Friday), I ran out of envelopes and had to get more.. I will try to get the remainder in the mail tomorrow -god willing, but if I don't they will definitely get in Mondays mail.. Also, I used alot of packing tape as I've seen how the packages came in to me, I wanted to make sure that if they went to He!! and back at least the inside will be intact!!!!

Happy quilting everyone!!!

~ LuvTooQuilt