Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Well from the yard you would cut up twelve 10.5 inch squares.. Its just instead of going out and buying fabric use any unwashed 100% cotton fabric you have on hand..

it was just an idea i thought Id throw out there to see if there was any interest..
I think this is a great idea.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 PM

This swap was fun.. I really, really like the bigger squares so I think that's what we will stay with for 2011... It was soooooooooo much easier to swap than the million 5 inch I-spy squares were.. Ok I know there wasn't that many but it sure felt like it..

So what does everyone think of a 'Stash Buster Surprise' swap? instead of buying a yard take a yard from your own stash.( cut into 12 ct 10.5 inch squares) No purchase necessary!! it could be anything from your very own stash of fabric.. Batik, calico, floral, solids, blenders, oriental,etc..

I figured it would be a nice one to do since everyone was spending money over the holidays and this would be a break- No spending $$ on fabrics but yet you can still participate.. But it must be unwashed fabric tho.. Whatcha think?????
That sounds like fun, especially the no-spending part! LOL! :mrgreen:
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM

For some reason I haven't been getting the messages for this page. Anyway, I think the idea for the next swap is a good one. I hope I don't miss it when you decide to do it.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:47 PM

I'm pretty sure I posted that I got mine but if I didn't I did so here is the post!! LOL!! I made the mistake of showing them to my mom. 'Those are beautiful' she says 'Those would make a really nice quilt' she says. So guess what I'm gonna do with mine!! Mom's getting a quilt for Christmas or maybe her birthday it's not until April! It was a blast being in this swap!! I'd be willing to do it again!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
For some reason I haven't been getting the messages for this page. Anyway, I think the idea for the next swap is a good one. I hope I don't miss it when you decide to do it.
:lol: Sort of glad you mentioned that, I don't get msgs from some of the other threads either. I think it has to do something with the ISP we use. I went back into the settings and switched to recieving msgs daily but still don't get everything. So I go into Watched Topics to check things out. That may be what you have to do, we don't want you to miss out either!! :cry:
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Guess What-
I ordered a twister tool to use with 10 inch and 5 inch squares. Know I'll know what to use for the following year.

Ideas: I pmed them to you - but I'll put them here
A dart board with the color wheel on it and then label the darts by months, if two darts land on the same area you have to throw one of them again.
Use the seasons to decide the colors.
Use the birthstones to decide the colors.
Use the holidays to decide, some holidays are easier to find fabric for.

But I think whatever you decide - us quilters will be happy and excited to do. I keep checking this page because I do not want to miss the next one.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Some great ideas for another swap. Whatever yu decide, I'm pretty sure I'm in also. Still waiting for the blocks to fly over the oceans.
Lucky I'm a patient person!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by lindyline
Some great ideas for another swap. Whatever yu decide, I'm pretty sure I'm in also. Still waiting for the blocks to fly over the oceans.
Lucky I'm a patient person!
Nothing yet?? Wow, what a wait you have... It was my very first 'international' package so hopefully I did everything right.. I had the Postal lady help me.. I told her it was a gift and put a value on it..Let me know when it arrives..
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Banned

It was my very first 'international' package so hopefully I did everything right.. I had the Postal lady help me.. I told her it was a gift and put a value on it..Let me know when it arrives..

This is just an FYI for anyone who mails internationally. We found some things out the hard way during the first IRR, plus I mail internationally to a couple of QMB members. Since there is no income tax outside of the US, there is pretty much a tax on EVERYTHING, including packages received. If you put a value of more than about $5.00 on something, (including insurance) the RECIPIENT must pay a VAT (Value Added Tax) in order to receive it. I sent a package to Canada, and insured it for $200.00. The recipient had to pay $40.00 Canadian, (about $50.00 US) to get it. So the best value is under $10.00, unless you include cash in the package to pay for any taxes.

This is just a heads-up for anyone who is going to send internationally.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 AM

Gee, I bet a lot of us didn't know that! I sure didn't! Thanks for the info!! :thumbup: