Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** >

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

Old 02-17-2011, 06:58 AM

I think it really does depend on the PO. I've taped mine before but only because of the design. Those flaps become wings and I'm afraid they will tear open during handling. The glue on the FR envelopes and boxes holds like nothing else! Wish I could have some of that glue other places!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sunrise450
My reds were mailed yesterday!
Now I have to get ready for a last minute plane ride to Sacramento,Ca. Don't look forward to it, don't like flying and am a bundle of nerves.
I bought the small twister but haven't had the time to try it out yet. So much going on. Wish everything would just calm down!
I have to ask about the large twister. Does it fit on the 10" square?
Everybody have a great day!
Phyllis
Hang in there Phyllis.. Just think you dont have to sit in the car you can fly and get there quicker... Take some chocolate.. Its a cure-all!!! Safe travels my friend!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by UglyCook
I mailed mne yesterday and had it all prepared nice and tidy and flat (except for the small bulge the hostess gift made). However, I had used the wrong PO envelope so the counter guy just wadded up the whole thing and stuffed it in a priority envelope for me. It looks terrible! I guess it will get there, though.
LOL... Hey as long as it gets here is what counts.., beauty doesn't matter to the po I guess.. LOL...
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by homecaregiver
Mine was so fat, but she got the postage on it and I had taken a role of tape and scissors with me and when she finished up the postage stuff she gave it to me and said you can finish up the sealing so I did tape and every thing
Mine said it should arrive on the 18th

homecaregiver

Pat
And Im sure your gonna get yours back the same way from me..ALL TAPED UP !! but it will arrive in one piece !! May look like it went to war but you will get it with contents intact!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 AM

Qbee- sorry about your friend..Prayers out to all who have been touched by him..
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM

I'm going to TRY to send mine tomorrow. This also may be my last swap for a while. To many things going on now, running for the kids, ball games, Dr apt for the kids, cooking, running back and forth for Jessie, went to the Dr yesterday with new Dr, we saw her xrays, it's a mess! The bone on top of her foot is split longways, and two other things I can't explain but means surgery soon now. So...I HATE to stop but...well we'll see. BUt tomorrow mine are out for sure.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Mailed my sets and twister yesterday. Glad to have it on its way. :-D
Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I'm going to TRY to send mine tomorrow. This also may be my last swap for a while. To many things going on now, running for the kids, ball games, Dr apt for the kids, cooking, running back and forth for Jessie, went to the Dr yesterday with new Dr, we saw her xrays, it's a mess! The bone on top of her foot is split longways, and two other things I can't explain but means surgery soon now. So...I HATE to stop but...well we'll see. BUt tomorrow mine are out for sure.
Awe Momma K.. Sorry to hear things are a bit hustle bustle for you these days.. Id be sorry to see you bow out of the swaps but i completely understand.. Hang in there.. I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. Some will tee you to pray and some will say eat chocolate.. Either way both are good for the Soul!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM

packages recd;

2/17
Bonitagaye
sunrise 450
NurseBonnie
Faten aka Charming

Thank you so very much for my goodies.. !!!

Lovely red fabric for my stash fromBonitagaye- Love it!! and these neat leaf, straight pins & fq from Charming!! These are great.. I have never seen these before.. I love them!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134170[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134165.jpe  
Old 02-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Yeppers....went through that last time....they said that if I "had to tape it" then it was too full, etc. I ended up sending them UPS. I'm sending mine tomorrow too. I got behind. I lost a college buddy last night. I can't believe it.....he was 43 years old and left behind a wife and FIVE BOYS! The oldest is 15 years old. I feel awful.
PLEASE make sure your husbands, sons, brothers, fathers, etc. get their colonoscopy exams.

Originally Posted by sharon b
Mine are going out tomorrow :thumbup:

has anyone had any problems mailing a bugling envelope ? on other posts they have said the PO has been ify on them ? just wondering :? Or maybe I am packing the envelope wrong ?
So sorry to hear this! Prayers for all of them, and you! Take care of yourself.