Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** >

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by Momma_K
I'm going to TRY to send mine tomorrow. This also may be my last swap for a while. To many things going on now, running for the kids, ball games, Dr apt for the kids, cooking, running back and forth for Jessie, went to the Dr yesterday with new Dr, we saw her xrays, it's a mess! The bone on top of her foot is split longways, and two other things I can't explain but means surgery soon now. So...I HATE to stop but...well we'll see. BUt tomorrow mine are out for sure.
Awe Momma K.. Sorry to hear things are a bit hustle bustle for you these days.. Id be sorry to see you bow out of the swaps but i completely understand.. Hang in there.. I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. Some will tee you to pray and some will say eat chocolate.. Either way both are good for the Soul!!
Thank you Luv, Ha! Ya know, the day just keeps getting better...Mom brought Jessie and her family down with Angel their older dog for the night. Angel goes for a walk, gets hit by a car! Off to the vet, foot had meat hanging and bones showing...more later.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Well it was interesting but I got them mailed to day :roll:

First person started telling me I had the wrong envelope and made me step aside to redo everything and handed me the tyvek envelope- I explained she was wrong - but she wasn't hearing any of it :hunf: So I step aside - did not take anything out but did address the other envelopes she handed me - first lady called for help - so the back up took care of me - she took the flat rate envelope taped up the corners and away it went - never a word about switching packages - THE SAME POST OFFICE :shock: I think the first one was mad that the second one took it :roll: 2 windows apart
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Mine made it out today without a problem. Honestly, I have SO overextended myself it's not even funny. I have the Row Robin, Boomerang Swap (stupid me did both groups), this swap and still haven't started my siggy blocks...ugh! Plus, I'm hosting the Magnet Swap; which ya'll ALL need to be doing...LOL!! :D That doesn't count the WIPs for classes that I'm taking at my LQS. I had to go to one this week without my homework being finished :( At least I didn't get sent to the office...LOL! Oh well....it's all GREAT fun!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 AM

Momma_K, hang in there. Everything is going to be alright!

My sets are going in the mail today.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:47 AM

For those who have a challenge (Postal worker) at the PO and they have the automated machine...Use it! There is no one to argue with and you just put your machine generated stamp on the FRE and drop it into the box! As long as you have the machine generate the stamp, there shouldn't be a problem! Of course, for those who live in areas where there isn't one of those machines, well enjoy living in a small town! I sometimes wish I did!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Recd Today

2/18

Uglycook
Jeantro
rainagade
homecaregiver
Kay Carlson

It was like Christmas again...!!! So many packages from both my swaps!! It was awesome!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

and whoo hoo! heres my goodies!! Thank you Uglycook, Thank you Karen Carlson!!!

I have to say, thank you everyone. I am touched by your generosity of gifts.. I love them..I love how you guys make me feel like a kid at Christmas.. Thank you so very much!! I feel so very blessed to found you all!!

Fqs & charms..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130148[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130143.jpe  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM

So, I'm opening your packages I'm completely delighted with your fabric choices.. But I'm wondering..Yea I know for the most part it gets me into trouble when I start to think. But I think IM safe on this one.. . Are the ones you all send in part of your stash? I mean are you shopping in your own stash at home or are you buying them just for these swaps?? Just something that makes me go 'Hmmmm......'
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
So, I'm opening your packages I'm completely delighted with your fabric choices.. But I'm wondering..Yea I know for the most part it gets me into trouble when I start to think. But I think IM safe on this one.. . Are the ones you all send in part of your stash? I mean are you shopping in your own stash at home or are you buying them just for these swaps?? Just something that makes me go 'Hmmmm......'
Shopped for the fabric. I found that even though I love a true red, my stash didn't have more than a few large scraps. Guess my focus has been else where.

Sewww, it will be nice to get the returns of others' reds! :-D
Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM

I also shopped for reds and hearts. For some reason I didn't have any reds other than muted country reds. I will be glad to get some for the stash!