Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP***10 1/2" layer cake Swap.......   “Getting flirty with 1930’s”   ***CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP***** >
  • **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP***10 1/2" layer cake Swap....... “Getting flirty with 1930’s” ***CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP*****

• **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP***10 1/2" layer cake Swap....... “Getting flirty with 1930’s” ***CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP*****

Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Would this be considered Civil War fabric?
    I dunno but if you google that it should give you a description. If it is civil war it'll state 1800's . I can't check- no computer. It's a major pain in the a$$ to search in my iPhone. Screen too tiny.
    Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Look at what I found for 10" squares! Do you think that it will work for 30's fabric??

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...squares_1.html
    I think it would look really nice with muslin or kona cream in place of the grey.. Either way it's a really nice pattern. Oh even a rag edge would look nice too!!
    Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 PM
    Power Poster

LOL See I told you - if I talked about starting to cut - still wouldn't happen right away :wink: I didn't even realize Mothers Day was this weekend :oops: :oops: I am so off my game - Just be sure and give me plenty of time to get them cut- I may say I will get them done but that just means they move to the list of things to do :? LOL I am so hopeless :|
    Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    LOL See I told you - if I talked about starting to cut - still wouldn't happen right away :wink: I didn't even realize Mothers Day was this weekend :oops: :oops: I am so off my game - Just be sure and give me plenty of time to get them cut- I may say I will get them done but that just means they move to the list of things to do :? LOL I am so hopeless :|
    Lol. You can cut them anytime I just don't want them now!! Lol. Dont mail till next week please!! I'll post the new swap as soon as I can get on hubby's computer. He's very territorial with his home office computer. It's really cool! Its got three screens!! He uncomfortable me using it- I'm sure me 'ruining' two other PC's in this house in the last two months has nothing to do with it... What do you guys think? He's over reacting right?!?!? Lol...
    Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 AM

Well, maybe you should stay off HIS computer. LOL. I can't imagine not having my computer or trying to do it all on my phone. You do a great job. Don't know how you do it all in such a timely manner. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I could start cutting. (Not that I don't have a zillion other things I should be doing.) LOL

Have a great Mother's Day.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 AM

I FINISHED!!I FINISHED!!I FINISHED!!..... Whoo hoo!! I'm going to drop them off in a bit. They will be outta my hands and into yours soon!!! I hope you love them as much as I do . Next to the batik swap this was my absolute favorite swap. So many varieties of 30's it was amazing. Only a few of us duplicated fabs but WOW what a variety. I have more 'feedsaks' in my stash than anything else but I never really knew anything about the geometrical ones. I had no idea they existed!! Lol. Oh,And the 'storybook' ones!!!! suuuuuuuuper cute!! There were kitties and ducks, lil boys n girls. Oh my sooo many.... Kinda glad I couldn't post anymore picks so y'all would be surprised some ..

Ok now to figure out how to post the next swap - this iPhone just won't do!!
    Old 05-05-2011, 07:26 AM

Does your local library have a computer room? That's what I used to do sometimes before we got DSL, that dial up was sooooo slow.
    Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your patience and hard work. Our hats are off to you, Linda!

Happy Mother's Day :)
    Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Whoooooooooooo-hooooo!!
    Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by kay carlson
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your patience and hard work. Our hats are off to you, Linda!

Happy Mother's Day :)
    Why thank you!!

They are gone and on their way!!!! Yay!!!! I actually petted my squares again TWICE already. Separated them by color then thought nope no good then seoerates them by theme- nope. I ended up mixing them back up again. Ah! Much better!!! I am a scrappy kind a gal ya know !!!!