Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Yeah Amanda - that is really cute. Perfect for the sewing area.

It has been really quiet around here.... Boop, what is happening with you?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 AM

Amanda, your wall quilt is adorable. Where did you get those cute embroidery designs?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Amanda, your wall quilt is adorable. Where did you get those cute embroidery designs?
The pattern can be purchased online for $8 at http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/sewi...p?page_id=1210. I picked mine up at JoAnn's or Hancock's, can't remember which. :)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:47 PM

Hey everyone. haven't been on cause the eyes are really causing me problems. I have the print at 200 so I can see it. My daughter's mother-in-law flew in from Spain so have been busy hanging out with her. She will be here until middle of July. Communication between us is funny but us two ole ladies can figure things out. Everyone likes my row I am making for Amanda. I have fabric laid out for jewel tone. And I have my sketeches for Mardi Gras. having a yard sale weekend coming up so the spring cleaning has been intense. Well I better get going. You all have a great weekend. Boop
Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 AM

Hi everyone! I have resurfaced here in Florida!

Still unpacking, but I have already found Judy's quilt top rows and the fabric I had picked out to use. I was hoping to get this round finished before my traveling and moving started, but since I wasn't able to do that I may be a few days late sending - I'm on the case though! Theresa, I hope that won't mess you up too much to get the rows a little bit late. We'll see, maybe I can make it on time after all - I will try to start tonight.

Amanda - I was just scrolling through to see what I missed and I found the mardi gras block you did. I LOVE IT! that is really great and will go well with the spider web blocks! Thank you!

I will PM you all my new address shortly - I am so looking forward to getting back to sewing and back to normal!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 AM

Welcome back, Lara. We missed you. It has been pretty quiet around here. I hope everyone else has been working away on their rows.

If I remember correctly, didn't you say that you wouldn't be working outside your home (with three small children, I know you'll be working inside your home) now that you've completed your move? Lots more time to sew, hopefully.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 AM

Great AOTH block there, Lara.

Boop, I will be mailing Kehoeta's quilt today. I will be out of town on the 15th and have had this done for quite a while and want to get it on its way. Should be in Florida around Saturday or Monday.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Lara - it will not mess me up if you are late. Take your time. How the move go? Kids adjusting?

Boops rows will be going out next week. I still haven't picked up batteries for the camera... Lame, I know.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Welcome back, Lara. We missed you. It has been pretty quiet around here. I hope everyone else has been working away on their rows.

If I remember correctly, didn't you say that you wouldn't be working outside your home (with three small children, I know you'll be working inside your home) now that you've completed your move? Lots more time to sew, hopefully.
Hi Judy - that is correct - I am now a stay-at-home-mom. So far, it hasn't translated into more time to sew, but I still have my evenings... Once I get everything organized and all the curtains hemmed I'll really be able to get into quilty things again.

I wanted to give you a sneak peek - I have been able to get started on the Something Southwestern row. This block is from quilters cache and is called Arizona 2. I'm hoping that now that I've got my feet wet again, I can pick up the pace a little bit and knock this out by the deadline. If I'm late, it shouldn't be by much though. (I hate being late!)

Arizona 2 - Pardon the camera phone picture quality!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210276[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210270.jpe  
Old 06-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Lara, that is gorgeous. It will be perfect in my quilt. Thank you. Being a little late is not a problem,especially with all the things you have had going on. I don't know how you've gotten any quilting done. I'm glad your move went well and you're getting settled in. Bet your kids are glad to have Mommy home all the time now.