Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1092

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

My quilt for Quitermomof3 is ready just waiting to package it until I hear from her that she is ready to mail as well. Hopefully it will be soon but she has had issues and I have told her family comes first just to keep me updated!

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    Because of my unavailability this year, I will not be hosting Q4Q next year; however, I'm happy to help get a new coordinator set up. I hope someone will take it up.
    Looks like it may be me ladies!!!! Think you could handle me hosting this next round??? Woo hoo!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Looks like it may be me ladies!!!! Think you could handle me hosting this next round??? Woo hoo!!!
    Very exciting to know the Q4Q will continue on! I'm sure you will be a great host for it I'm looking forward to next year.
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

Yosamitesa would be grand- and PS - Elsabrat- she LOVES trouble makers and rebels !!!!

Look out quilters- you will be in for a great ride - pending approval of course.
    sapdoggie

Life is full of many pieces- why not quilt?

Will start working with our fabulous hostess and Patrice for this. Keep an eye out in January for sign-ups!!!

Jillaine how do you manage to keep up with everyone? I have great respect for the fearless hostesses and hosts of this board. I have enough trouble keeping track of my hubby and I, let alone multiple swappers and their information.
    sapdoggie

Blog Entries
    sapdoggie (that's an interesting ID...),

I use a spreadsheet to track everyone. I've shared the details (of the structure) with Yosamitesa. Also, in large part due to lessons learned the first year, Patrice added some requirements (see opening post of this message topic) that I think helped reduce the number of MIA partners.

Most people were great about putting on the calendars the 15th of each month a reminder to check in with me. I think doing that helped people a lot.

The funnest, as well as the most challenging part, is making the matches. It works surprisingly well, I think. Actually, that reminds me: i need to do a post-swap assessment. I did that last year. Helped identify where what to strengthen, what to change.

I'm thrilled that Yosemitesa has volunteered to take this on next year. I think this is a wonderful swap; I just don't have the bandwidth to manage it anymore.

-- Jillaine
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    2013 Q4Q participants, please copy and paste the following questions into a private message to me, adding your answers. Your responses will help Yosemitesa host a tremendous 2014 Q4Q swap next year. I will keep the specific responses confidential, but share aggregated responses (less identifying information) with Yosemitesa. If you have any feedback for me, please feel free to be frank. I know I was not as present this year as last; I get that you might not be happy with me. I can take constructive criticism. AND/OR if, based on your experience of me as a host this year, you have recommendations for Yosemitesa, either include them in comments below, or PM her directly.

1. What did you like most about the 2013 Q4Q Swap? What do you want to make sure continues about it?

2. What did you like lease about the swap? How would you like to see it improved?

3. On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being "absolutely loved it"), how much did you like the quilt you received?

4. If you gave a low numbered response to question #3, how do you think the matching part of the swap could be improved?

5. What other suggestions/comments do you have about the Q4Q swap?

Thanks so much!
    jillaine

Yes, please let her or me know what you liked, didn't like, etc. I'm trying to get wording together so I can send to the lovely Patrice for approval and your suggestions may help with the wording as well!!!

jillaine "sapdoggie (that's an interesting ID...), "
    Thanks - the id came from combining my dogs names- Sandie, Angel and Pepper- sap + doggie.
    (Sandie- no longer with us- a terrier/pomeranian. Angel- bordercollie/lab, and Pepper-Aussie/chow/lab )

Alas my computer skills are severely lacking to actually get my own information organized, let alone other.
    Thanks for sharing though- gives me new info to learn. I am thinking most of my computer organizing is out
    in cyberspaceland- so if anyone finds info that makes no sense, it is probably mine and can be deleted.
    sapdoggie

Jillaine, sent a pm. The swap was fun! Thank you!!

Blog Entries
    Oh I love the new Avatar Libby, is that the special new bundle of joy! He is adorable!

I loved the swap. will do it again if time permits.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

He is 6 months now and is almost as big as the teddy bear on his quilt. (Which was huge by the way.) Such a happy baby!

If I see the sign up, I'll be joining again also.

Blog Entries
    First, Thanks to lovingrandma for the beautiful quilt that arrived at my house today. I love every single block you added and the awesome hand quilting...a lucky girl I am indeed! It is so perfectly me....I will treasure it always. I tried to load pictures but my computer will not allow me to post pictures so I will try again tomorrow to add photos of the front and back so you can drool....oh sorry that is me getting the keyboard all wet....again I cannot thank you enough...I love that you added TAM.MOO - how moovelous that is and clever too. I have been so blessed today....This is my second quilt for quilters quilt so thanks to you lovingrandma and quiltermomma....for starting my quilt collection just for me. I cannot wait until the next swap. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blog Entries
    I recieved my lovely quilt from Tam...Moo yesterday adn i absolutly love it , love every block, it has alot of stuff i love and like, and oh love the colors, and she even sent the babies a littlesomething extra, and they love them, she made me a storybook quilt , and it is very lovely, and i will treasure it , i am already using it as my legs get cold and cramp so i use blankets and quilts year around, and, and so dearly love it, and i had tears reading the beautiful card she sent with it, i am so blessed tohave such a dear special freind with the some of the same likes and interests, i look foward to doing the another quilt with another partner to make new friends and make new things for tammoo i need mroe quilts,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    WONDERFUL WONDERFUL. Photos, please, ladies! Also, thanks to everyone who has responded to the assessment. Great responses. (If you haven't responded yet, please do--- see my previous message above for the questions.)

Unless you tell me otherwise, I believe we had only ONE abandoned partner this year. (She knows who she is, AND an ANGEL has stepped forward to make sure she gets a quilt.)

If there is someone else who "lost" their partner, please please please let me know. There may be a quilt available for you. And if there isn't, we'll find you one!

I sent my BELATED quilt off to oldcatlady the other day. Hope she gets it SOON. I was a bad quilting girls this year.

-- Jillaine
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    If you haven't already, please post photos of your quilt(s) here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...-pictures.html

Also be sure to look through the great collection of swapped quilts!
    jillaine

I didn't swap this time so unfortunately I am blocked from seeing the quilts when I follow the link. If people are up to it and haven't posted yet I would love to see them which is possible if you also post in this thread. Great quilts!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Anna, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't realize the group was closed. I'll go open it up. There's no reason for it to be closed.
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    I've made the group public. Try again, Anna:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...-pictures.html
    jillaine

I received the most gorgeous quilt today from Jillaine. It is just my style and I LOVE it so much!
    I know how much work went into this quilt, THANK YOU so much Jillaine. I would never make one of these for myself, too much work , so I am truly blessed to receive such a beauty. It is perfect in my bedroom and thank you for the scraps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolutely beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    Yeah! It arrived! (Better late than never?)
    SO glad you like it.
    And I can't take all the credit... Charisma Horton did the quilting. First time I've sent out to a long-armer. I'm pretty happy with the result.

isn't it purty? (I loved the fabrics)

;-)
    jillaine

beautiful quilt!! Love the pattern did you come up with it? Wow you are both blessed with great quilts.

Wonderful quilt. Awesome piecing and stunning quilting. Great job jillaine!
    Anna Quilts

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 LastLast