Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Blog Entries
    So excited got my partner, Boop56, contacted her last night before going to bed....Going to town today to look at material. Might wait until next week-end when I go to Mobile to get material....have got two patterns, have to make up my mind on that, she's going to be easy to make a quilt for, seems like we have quite a few of Easier's out there. LOL
    Good Morning to All..

Blog Entries
    What a GREAT morning this is! I can pour another cup of coffee, throw a cat off my keyboard and reply to my partner Elizabrat at length. Yup, she already had that PM waiting for me to wake up. That girl is pure caffeine in an expresso cup. After the silence of my partner in the last quilt swap, she is a dream come true when it comes to communicating! Thanks Jillaine!
    Now Miss Nexxus, you take good care of yourself, ya hear? Do we need to send chicken soup? I have a rooster I'm mad at, he could be spared....
    QuilterMomma, beware of the UFO's that are probably breeding somewhere in your sewing room right now. They are plotting. Congratulations for making your 2012 goal just in time for them!
    Yosamitesa, I am sorry I stole Elizabrat from you, but you two need to be seperated to spread your crazy energy to others. I can tell I will have to check in here several times a day to keep up with the 2 of you.
    Now where did I hide that chocolate stash? Time to PM the Brat....
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

God really has a lesson for me in here somewhere but really I am not seeing it, yet. I did learn a first last night, sleeping with headphones on all night. I always get the crazy roomies, this is why I always need a private room. Honestly I will take the first two roommates back over this one. Brings up a lot of bad memories. Anywhere if your rooster is anything my in-laws one I would sacrifice him too. He is crazy and will howl at all hours of the day and night just random whenever he feels the need. The food in here isn't too bad if I could eat it but I am on a diabetic, 3 gram no added salt diet. You know what that consists of?? Me eating about 10 cups of sugar free pudding daily. LOL. My mother in law made some chicken soup for me at home and I had her freeze it so I could eat it whenever I break out of this place. It is a wonderful place to get some research done. Although my partner is gonna think I am all jacked up crazy on caffeine too when she gets all her PM's. I just want these steroids to start working and my potassium level to come back up so I can break free...oh and for me not to sleep through when the doctor examines me. I think he just stood at my bedside and starred at me and said he did an exam. Today my goal is to try to make sure I am not in a coma when he comes to examine me. Oh man chocolate, I don't even really care for it but damn it I could sure use some. Who has the escape plan all ready???
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Quote Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
    What a GREAT morning this is! I can pour another cup of coffee, throw a cat off my keyboard and reply to my partner Elizabrat at length. Yup, she already had that PM waiting for me to wake up. That girl is pure caffeine in an expresso cup. After the silence of my partner in the last quilt swap, she is a dream come true when it comes to communicating! Thanks Jillaine!
    Now Miss Nexxus, you take good care of yourself, ya hear? Do we need to send chicken soup? I have a rooster I'm mad at, he could be spared....
    QuilterMomma, beware of the UFO's that are probably breeding somewhere in your sewing room right now. They are plotting. Congratulations for making your 2012 goal just in time for them!
    Yosamitesa, I am sorry I stole Elizabrat from you, but you two need to be seperated to spread your crazy energy to others. I can tell I will have to check in here several times a day to keep up with the 2 of you.
    Now where did I hide that chocolate stash? Time to PM the Brat....
    LOLOL She is a pistol isn't she??
    Perhaps we all need to check in at least twice a day to make sure we are in on the conversations lolol
    Hugs
    April
    Who is off to PM her partner zzmom now

I got...roseirish48!!!! She is a Scappy lady after my own heart!!! I can't wait!!!

Good Morning all! Hope everyone has a great day. Can't wait to talk with my partner and get a few more details, she is so sweet and is up for anything.

shortmom5,
    You got my mom as your partner and she is really such a wonderful woman. I think you will be very happy with her as a partner
    Hugs
    April

She is so sweet in her answers! Any hints from you that she might not have given me?

Blog Entries
    Wow, love the chatter already. I just now looked at my pms and got my partner, Lynnie! We are going to have some fun here now. So Traditional scrappy. Oh that one is good for me. I was going thru a stack of old magazines and found a couple charming scrap quilts and Jillaine was on the ball as well and sent some more links then the scrap thread. Wow, I am good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    Nclauri, Yep you get the easy girl. I sent you a PM with some questions and requests. I also put some offers in it too. Please no one worry but I am currently in the hospital with pneumonia so if I become a little loopy it's probably all the drugs. LOL I will be fine and hopefully be able to leave by the end of the weekend. The good things is I can do planning from my bed here and I can web search the heck out of it. I have no hubby or kids bugging me. I just tell the nurses and docs that I need nothing and they love to run away. Hehehehehe.
    Oh Gosh Melinda,

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope everything is okay and you get out soon. You didn't even mention that while we were PMing each other.

Blog Entries
    I think Brat is wearing off on me, I have pmd my partner 3 hours ago and have not heard back yet. So Brat, we need to talk about this impatience. How do we rid ourselves of the tapping of the foot. People do have a life outside of quilting I guess. Wouldn't know why, but they do.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Lauri,
    Well PM'ing with people is keeping my mind off the fact that I am here. I have pneumonia, I thought it was the flu and within three days things had gone way out of control. I will probably go home sometime this weekend but maybe not (I just had some good pain meds) So we need to speak colors, obviously I am using the black but what "brights" do you want. More adult brights? Kid type brights? Batik? Just plain Kona solid colors? A combination of all the previous ideas? Or does it honestly matter and me just use my judgement? I have plenty of the black kona at home, I bought a bolt awhile ago when I got it for half off plus and additional 20% off. Those are good times to buy but it's hard to get them at the same time as when you have the money. LOL. I hope that your having a good day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by nclauri View Post
    Oh Gosh Melinda,

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope everything is okay and you get out soon. You didn't even mention that while we were PMing each other.
    Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I think Brat is wearing off on me, I have pmd my partner 3 hours ago and have not heard back yet. So Brat, we need to talk about this impatience. How do we rid ourselves of the tapping of the foot. People do have a life outside of quilting I guess. Wouldn't know why, but they do.
    We had a late family Christmas this year..just returned from sending our youngest off to England. The house is almost empty again and I'm ready to get going on your quilt....so happy you're my partner, and that you like scrappy's like I do. I want to know just a little bit more so will pm you.....can't wait to get cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    We had a late family Christmas this year..just returned from sending our youngest off to England. The house is almost empty again and I'm ready to get going on your quilt....so happy you're my partner, and that you like scrappy's like I do. I want to know just a little bit more so will pm you.....can't wait to get cutting.

Are you partners communicating via PM or email?
    Nurse Bonnie, I am thinking about the patern so much that I dreamt it last night. Today when I woke up I thought. why not? I still want to know what were your answers to jillaine's questions so I can narrow done the options.
    Reading through threads I learned you like puple and yellow? Do you want your quilt to be a surprise or do you want hints? I havent decided but I think I don't want to see it before is finished.
    Andrea
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

ok first off I only have caffeine first thing in the morning. up to me I would have three cups a day however with only two cups of fluid period allowed a day I only get one cup. Its pure me. I am either awake and zippy or I am out like a light no inbetween. Lucky not so sure but hell I run with it.

I got a marvelous letter back from twinrivers it appears she likes fabric and cats. not in that order and not together combined. so she will not be getting cat fabric in her quilt. (can you hear her sigh with relief?) We are going to do marvelously maybe some of her peacefulness will wear off on me? nahhh. maybe it might work the other way. silent partner? uh not likely. I went through my stash today and came up with an option that might actually work. No batiks however so might need to add one as the splash of color we talked about. hum.. it would work too. that is an easy fix. first to find a pattern that fits in the size requirements. having sewn for several hours today I have time now to play and pick and chose a pattern or at least an idea. I think we are off to a good start!

Nexxus you can always have someone smuggle some salt in.. or salt substitute. our hospital had only ms dash herb I wanted the lemon one so my sis brought it, cayenne pepper and what else.. garlic powder. added it to everything helped immensly. mustard was ok in small quantities too which helped but you would have to see the MENU for rooomservice at Stanford. OMG.. three pages, pick and chose whatever you want between 8 am and 8 pm. delivered to order. yuppers. not like regular hospital food at all. Halibut, salmon, chinese or mexican depending if your diet allowed and again it was a legit menu. make a sandwich of your choice your pickings of what you want on it. I have never been to a hospital like that in my life. I of course spent three months there and well you will eventually get sick of everything including steak with mushrooms. low sodium soup sucked. I did sneak in sodium cant help it. now I keep it in my travel bag in case its not allowed again. bad bad girl. I didnt over do it but something was sure better than nothing. and oodles of pepper .. its not fun there. roomies are not great but girl they come and they go. and you forget about them. They never sleep when you do. If you want to see your doc be up between 6 am and 11 am and do not sleep. they wander in at those hours and again you might get a night shifter to come by too but rarely after 7 pm. so quick eat and pass out why dont you! I have had pneumonia several times in the last ten years, once in ICU it wasnt pleasant. I am so sorry and wish you well immediately. I hope you are able to get the shot next year.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Melinda - no kid brights but any other option would be great! Whatever you have in your stash. Do you like batiks?

Lauri,
    I do like batiks and have a pretty unique collection of them. I just don't want you think it's too dull because I am using typical fabric, does that make sense?
    Melinda

Wow! Step away from this board for just 1 day & see what you miss! I'm just now catching up.
    Yippee!!!! I Got Ireland Dragon Quilting!!!!!!! Hi Wendy! Nice to meetcha!! (hopping up & down)
    I got your message, & I am pming you soonly.
    Melinda!!!! You get all better....right now!!! And don't make TwinRiverFarm angry!!! She just might turn you into soup too!
    Hello Ladies!!! Can't wait to see what all of you do....please don't be shy about posting pics if you are allowed!

Blog Entries
    O... M... G...

One day away (I um, you know, had to WORK?)... This is amazing. I am definitely going to have to buy a new box of Kleenex. (The veterans already know this, but I cry at the drop of a quilting needle.)

This is all Very Exciting AND girls... we still need one more swapper for our "odd girl out". So nudge your quilting friends, please. Our poor solo girl is probably weeping at all the excitement being expressed here. Don't want ANYONE to feel left out.

leakus, I *did* send you nurse bonnie's info. All she said was "Surprise me!" about what she wanted. But as we're all learning, the more information you provide about what you like (and don't like), the easier your make it for your partner, and the more likely you'll get something you'll love.

Now... I have to go read NINE PMs that are waiting for me...

Melinda, get well SOON!

-- Jillaine
    jillaine

I have been in touch with my partner and my wheels are turning I think I have a good idea of the fabrics I am going to use now to come up with a design...decisions decisions
    I love all the excitement here and Melinda I sure do hope you feel better real quick. It's never fun feeling crappy
    Hugs
    April

hey Melinda want us to break you out? you do know this means going home to family and they never seem to get you were just SICK its more the good your home now we dont have to.. so think hard ok? getting the get away car ready polished and cleaned yup the limo is charged and ready to go. I hope white is ok with you its all I can get on short notice. besides the hummer is a bit tall for the average bear and I think your more like me, height challenged?

April I spent a good portion of last night oogling Jinny Beyer fabric as that is something my partner likes. I fell in love and didnt want to get out of the scrolling through 600 fabrics bit by bit. OMG I need this and I need some of that and well that is how it went.

My question to you all is the minimum is 45 x 60 (or three blocks by four blocks) question is if your wanting something a bit more artsy I am finding crib size or too big. Where can I find a good pattern selection that fits in the minimum and does not exceed the maximum? stumped. otherwise its a pure sampler 12.5 block which while traditional is not doing what I think my partner wants it to do transition from one thing into another like an illusion or a star within a star type. today I will locate the pattern I need I am just stumped. argh. pirates!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Melinda - you pick what you think is best for the quilt. I will be happy no matter what :-). I was asking about Batiks for your quilt. Hope you are feeling better.

Blog Entries
    Headed to town, buying groc., house items etc...ugh my favorite job and on a Sat. too. Maybe, I'll stop by Hancock's or maybe Hobby Lobby you know just look around..

OMG!!! We have got to find another quilter!!!!!!!!

Melinda---you just rest, I know that on the week-ends nothing happens in the hospital, no doctors, just nurses...Maybe Monday you will be headed home..

Well, I must say that Ms. roseirish48 is a VERY amazing woman. I'm thrilled she is my swap partner (sorry brat, but she is AMAZING)!!! I will be creating a traditional quilt with a lil bit of a flare twist using different blues and different white on white fabs. I'm SO excited!!! I'm gonna raid my stash today to see what else I need. I finally get to try out my Christmas present, my AccuQuilt GO! I'm SO excited to make something that is her, STRONG, elegant, amazing and fun. Fingers crossed I can pull this off for a truly amazing woman!!!

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast