Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

too funny! I have a ping pong table that gets cleaned off after each project ...just fill it back up with the current project. (and I am a scrapbooker as well and we have tons of stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
    Well, It is Wednesday and I missed the Tuesday Tip which is just too funny considering what I wanted to pass on to all of you. I am a dyed in the wool procrastinator and my Tuesday Tip is.... When you see something that needs to be done, do it NOW! Whether it is returning all of those pieces of fabric to their proper places, a dust bunny smiling at you from under the dresser or a pan that needs a little extra elbow grease. Now is a much better time than tomorrow to care for what needs to be done. Well, I got to the office yesterday, Tuesday and put off submitting my tip, did not listen to my own advise, and here I am on Wednesday submitting late. Ah well, I am getting better... at least it is not Friday!

Birthday treats will go to the post office later today... really they will, I promise.
    Last edited by barbarakibler23; 08-06-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

I do this but only 3 at a time....10 seems like a good idea. Just used a joann's coupon and bought a 12 pack of bobbins...next time thread goes on sale I am gonna stock up on white to do this...thanks Sewbizgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    I missed the Tuesday Tips too... and tried to think of one I could post a day late. This 'tip' may not be news to anyone, but when I run out of bobbin thread I stop and wind about 10 at one time (of white). Then when I'm sewing along I can just grab a new bobbin when I run out without stopping to wind. Seems to take less time and causes less interruption of sewing that way.

That's my 'tip'...

Did you see the tip from a QB poster, she uses filing cabinets to color code her yardage fabric and hangs them over the pendaflex inserts! She even decorated the outside of the cabinets, so pretty & organised!

Hi Ladies, Just checking in. I have been real busy with the end of the softball season, so I haven't posted for a while. Finally the season is over. Awards ceremony was yesterday at Idle wild water and amusement park. We had a great time, I got sunburned. Other than my theater, I can now quilt and craft until January. (Getting ready for 2015 softball season) August Birthday surprises going in the mail tomorrow, Sorry they are late. Happy Birthday Kathy
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

I just saw the quiz. I'm not sure how I missed it yesterday. To bad, I would have submitted entries if I had seen it in time.

we have a winner.........congratulations Sewbizgirl. Your pattern will be mailed (hopefully) tomorrow!

Barb

Just want to let you all know I am going out of town Thursday and back on Sunday. I will not have internet *(yeah) while I am gone so I will check back on Sunday.

I will be going to the first ever family reunion for my side of the family. I have 7 siblings and so all 8 families with almost all the families will be getting together at a cabin (has 8 bedrooms) each bedroom sleeps 8-12 people. So should be coming back with some stories. Remember these are the same people I fought with as a child also my parents will be there for most of the time( they are 91 and 86)!!! 44 people! only 3 family members will not be attending.

Have a great weekend.
    Barb

I received and 'Candy' today - thank you Anoka Quilter, who is from my state of Minnesota!!
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

Yay! Thank you for the contest Barb!

Have a great family reunion. With that many housed together I'm sure it won't be dull! We do want stories when you get back, LOL. Have a great time!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also fill every bobbin that i have when I run out. I is soooooo nice to just reach into the case and find one ready to go. I do need to plan ahead. More than once I have filled all or nearly all of my bobbins and found I did not have an extra spool for the machine. Silly me! Off to JoAnn's, closest store for thread, I would go and use what ever coupon I had at hand so I could continue with my project.

This is amazing! To have that many folks all in one place! A positive family experience I am sure. I love my family reunions. It is so nice to gather together with siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, grand "whatevers". The shocking piece is that I am not the oldest of the cousins. All parents, aunts and uncles are gone now. It is now up to us "young'ens" to keep the family close and in contact." Enjoy your family Barb. They are precious, every one of them.

How wonderful, Barb. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Just want to let you all know I am going out of town Thursday and back on Sunday. I will not have internet *(yeah) while I am gone so I will check back on Sunday.

I will be going to the first ever family reunion for my side of the family. I have 7 siblings and so all 8 families with almost all the families will be getting together at a cabin (has 8 bedrooms) each bedroom sleeps 8-12 people. So should be coming back with some stories. Remember these are the same people I fought with as a child also my parents will be there for most of the time( they are 91 and 86)!!! 44 people! only 3 family members will not be attending.

Have a great weekend.
    Barb
    Boom gallery: www.boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Janice McC

I mailed my Aug. packages today. KathyM, sorry it is late. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Quilter day by day, yours should get there before your birthday. Wishing you a great birthday.

I have not heard from Billy Jean. I sent her package 7-11 and an e-mail a couple days ago. I hope everything is ok and she received her package.

Barb have a safe trip. Take lots of pics and come home with many interesting stories.

Ladies,
    I am really down today. We had to have our cat, Nicholas, put down last night. It was so sudden. He was fine then he walked out to eat and suddenly couldn't walk too well. And he started meowing/crying, it was terrible. We rushed him to the vet. The vet said he had a blood clot in his heart and it had let go, paralyzingly him but leaving him in severe pain. Boy, life is so fragile! Give your pets and loved ones an extra hug today.
    oneteapot/Laurel

I am so sad to hear about Nicholas. At least he is out of pain now, poor thing.... Big hugs for you, Oneteapot. I'm holding you in my heart today. I know how hard it is to lose a pet and get over it. (((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html

Sewbizgirl,
    Thank you! It happened so fast, all in a matter of an hour and a half.
    You Are right, it is hard, but we know he isn't in any pain now! He crossed the rainbow Bridge.
    oneteapot/Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
    Sewbizgirl,
    Thank you! It happened so fast, all in a matter of an hour and a half.
    You Are right, it is hard, but we know he isn't in any pain now! He crossed the rainbow Bridge.
    (((((((((((((*LOVE*))))))))))))))

In swap news, I mailed my 'gift' off to Quilter day_by_day today, so she will get it a little early for her birthday. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

So sorry for your lost ONeteapot, it's very hard to see them suffer. When I had to put down my boxer 3 years ago I remember it being one of the worst days of my life. Keep a good spirit.

Sorry for your lose. Sometimes our pets become part of the family and loosing them is very hard.

Oneteapot, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.
    Boom gallery: www.boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Janice McC

I'm so sorry too. We had to put our chocolate lab down this summer during our chaos having daughters mastiff around. It was very TRAMATIC.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

We lost our cat, Amber - 12 yrs, this summer while we were away working out of town. Poor daughter, Mary - 21 yrs, had to bury the precious pet and didn't want to tell us over the phone. It was especially hard when we arrived home for all of us. We visited the flower bed with rocks shaped like a long tailed cat to mark the place. It has been since the 80's that we haven't had a calico about the place. Bless your heart, I know your struggle!

Quilt top # 2 is finished. I'm trying to get a photo, will keep trying !

It is always so sad to lose a friend but a little four legged friend that is part of your day by day living makes it even more touching. I have lost a number in my life time and cling to the sweet memories of each one. I am glad the you responded to the kitty's call for help and did what was best for your little friend. I send hugs to you and yours.

August treats went in the mail on Friday, late in the day, so should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry, Kathy M about the late gifting but I trust that you enjoy all your treats and party for the whole month.

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast