Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2018 Summertime Block Swap >

2018 Summertime Block Swap

2018 Summertime Block Swap

Old 12-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Judith you have a sun porch? Oh how fun. We had one in davenport, Iowa. Oh how we loved eating and congregating out there. The neighbors would come and visit too when they would see us out there since it was out front. It was wonderful.
My design wall is a flannel sheet I hang off of a curtain rod I hung above the closet doors. I don't always keep it up there and the rod doubles as a place to hang clothing I need to steam or press after washing. I try not to let that pile up on me because my sewing room isn't all that large and it drives me crazy being too closed in. But, when I need it, I love being able to design with it. Congratulations on your new one NZquilter. Quilting will be much different now with that tool to help.
I had a house full again yesterday. I think the most fun was my niece sarah. She had given us all a list of things she wanted this year. I know that sounds bad, but, at her age (pre-teen) it was a life saver. I was able to get six of the ten things she wanted. I finished up putting the things back into the china cabinet this morning and wiped everything down.
It is nice to have all of the dinners finished for the year. I am tired.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Oh dang, Sorry teen. I hope your hubby gets well real soon.

And buddy's mom, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the swap.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:35 PM

Cleaning the sewing room today since the hubbie is still under the weather. Feels good to get myself organized for project planning. I ran out of the fabric I using on the patriotic quilt I working on so, hopefully, tomorrow I'll run down to quilt shop. I'm almost done with another set of swap blocks and will post a pic in a couple of days. Did not intend to be be almost done so quickly with swap blocks but, with being sick and hubbie being sick, I really took advantage of the downtime to work on this. It has been so much fun.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:08 PM

Finished up my kite block set...ended up just sewing on some kite strings.... Not so boring now..lol!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-27-2017, 03:23 PM

Love this swap! I am in again for 5 sets plus one.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Judith you have a sun porch? Oh how fun. We had one in davenport, Iowa. Oh how we loved eating and congregating out there. The neighbors would come and visit too when they would see us out there since it was out front. It was wonderful.
My design wall is a flannel sheet I hang off of a curtain rod I hung above the closet doors. I don't always keep it up there and the rod doubles as a place to hang clothing I need to steam or press after washing. I try not to let that pile up on me because my sewing room isn't all that large and it drives me crazy being too closed in. But, when I need it, I love being able to design with it. Congratulations on your new one NZquilter. Quilting will be much different now with that tool to help.
I had a house full again yesterday. I think the most fun was my niece sarah. She had given us all a list of things she wanted this year. I know that sounds bad, but, at her age (pre-teen) it was a life saver. I was able to get six of the ten things she wanted. I finished up putting the things back into the china cabinet this morning and wiped everything down.
It is nice to have all of the dinners finished for the year. I am tired.
Hi Sandy,

I do have a Sunroom off my family room. It is a completely all weather fully functioning room with air/heat. I use it for my sewing room. Originally when the kids lived at home it was there game room. But, the whole space is mine now. I am very spoiled to have such a great space to create in. It does have it's drawbacks. You really can't hang anything in there for long or it will get faded by the sun. But, the upside is, that the light is fantastic just about all day every day. And, I don't have to pick up everything everyday. I can leave my projects just as they are while I'm working on them.

Last edited by Judith1005; 12-27-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Do they call them a lenai? I remember when we lived in florida we had one and it was fabulous to hang out in.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:55 PM

Default first block

My first block will be buzzards roost, wouldn't be summer without these cute frogs?? I remember my awesome koi pond I had in Rhinebeck, and the frogs were always trying to eat them. Oh how I miss my pond.
Attached Thumbnails img_3613.jpg  
Old 12-29-2017, 02:56 PM

Got my first one posted, hope it's ok??

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Oh dang, Sorry teen. I hope your hubby gets well real soon.

And buddy's mom, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the swap.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:15 PM

OH buddysmom......this is so adorable....I love the frogs....neat block pattern and absolutely love the WOW bubbles...
i had a pet frog when growing up...this rekindled sweet memories for me!